Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

JJ LoDuca
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Season ends on sour note; Dunleavy looks ahead 

Post#1 » by JJ LoDuca » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:27 pm

From the LA Times

Dunleavy on the loss:
"I can't imagine a worse way to end a season," Dunleavy said. "As far as I'm concerned, in 30 years of coaching and playing, this is the worst season that I've ever been involved with. I promised the guys tonight in the locker room, 'It's not going to be that way next year, no matter what.'"

Baron Davis on his relationship with Coach Dunleavy:
"I think our relationship over this whole season has really grown," Davis said. "When you see us out there now, it's more so that we trust each other. I know what he wants out there. If not, he'll dictate that to me. It's a growing trust.

"I love coach's attitude. His cockiness, I think that's really going to rub off on the team for next year, and it's something I'm going to feed off of as well."

He called Dunleavy the captain of the ship. What does that make his job title?

"If he's the captain, then I guess I'm the manager. I'm the crew manager," Davis said

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-cli ... 1384.story
-Ms. JJ
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,844

Re: Season ends on sour note; Dunleavy looks ahead 

Post#2 » by madmaxmedia » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:53 pm

When I watched the game live yesterday, I could certainly feel the love and good vibrations.
PlinkingPanda
Analyst
And1: 2

Post#3 » by PlinkingPanda » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:42 am

I'm not getting my hopes up this time. :( Next season is Dunleavy's last correct?
CLiPPzWeRD12
Ballboy

Post#4 » by CLiPPzWeRD12 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:00 am

Fishy~McFish wrote:I'm not getting my hopes up this time. :( Next season is Dunleavy's last correct?

Nope, two more years.. Sigh....
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#5 » by mkwest » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:11 am

Kaman could end up in Poland in September, playing for the German national team in a European tournament. His participation still seems to hinge on Dirk Nowitzki's status.

:roll:
illastrate
Starter
And1: 629

Post#6 » by illastrate » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:56 pm

Fishy~McFish wrote:I'm not getting my hopes up this time. :( Next season is Dunleavy's last correct?

Haha, you got your hopes up. We got 2 more years with this goon. :cry:
mattfish
Senior

Post#7 » by mattfish » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:05 pm

mkwest wrote:
Kaman could end up in Poland in September, playing for the German national team in a European tournament. His participation still seems to hinge on Dirk Nowitzki's status.

Oh geez, like playing for the German team over the summer really helped with his durability this season. There should be some clause that regulates what players can't do over the summer, since it affects ticket sales and the performance of the team. The clippers should include things like: ride a motorcycle, produce a movie, and play for the German national team.
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,988

Post#8 » by PerkinsFor3 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:27 pm

watching the clippers hurts. theres no effort and focus. they almost all look like kaman out there.
PlinkingPanda
Analyst
And1: 2

Post#9 » by PlinkingPanda » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:29 pm

haha damnit. I thought you folks were including this season when everyone was saying he still had 2 years left. :(
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 700

Post#10 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:16 am

Fishy~McFish wrote:haha damnit. I thought you folks were including this season when everyone was saying he still had 2 years left. :(

I know that sucks, well I guess we will deal with it and hope that it works next season
I've been an LA Clipper fan since 1998 and that will never change. I hate our new logo and jerseys!
illastrate
Starter
And1: 629

Post#11 » by illastrate » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:42 am

JJ LoDuca wrote:From the LA Times

Dunleavy on the loss:
"I can't imagine a worse way to end a season," Dunleavy said. "As far as I'm concerned, in 30 years of coaching and playing, this is the worst season that I've ever been involved with. I promised the guys tonight in the locker room, 'It's not going to be that way next year, no matter what.'"

More empty promises? What the hell can he do to make it ALOT better next year if he's still there? Dumbleavy is sooo cocky and self-absorbed that he can't see that he needs to step down? WTF?

Baron Davis on his relationship with Coach Dunleavy:
"I think our relationship over this whole season has really grown," Davis said. "When you see us out there now, it's more so that we trust each other. I know what he wants out there. If not, he'll dictate that to me. It's a growing trust.

"I love coach's attitude. His cockiness, I think that's really going to rub off on the team for next year, and it's something I'm going to feed off of as well."

He called Dunleavy the captain of the ship. What does that make his job title?

"If he's the captain, then I guess I'm the manager. I'm the crew manager," Davis said

That's great Baron. I'm glad you reconciled with him, but that doesn't translate into WINS. You can see you love his attitude, you can see a few guys buy into his system, but for us to be successful, the WHOLE TEAM has to buy into it. We need a guy like Popovich - someone who everyone truly respects and believes in. Of course it's unreleastic to get a top level coach like that, so why not go with a rookie coach? Someone like Mark Jackson...you'll never know how good it'll be until you try. We just need CHANGE so badly.
bbsee1
Freshman

Post#12 » by bbsee1 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:18 am

Thornton wants to travel to the Bahamas, but not when Gordon is there. "I'm tired of seeing that dude," he said, joking.

I sure hope Al is joking.....
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#13 » by mkwest » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:47 am

bbsee1 wrote:
Thornton wants to travel to the Bahamas, but not when Gordon is there. "I'm tired of seeing that dude," he said, joking.

I sure hope Al is joking.....

lol I'm sure he is. Although if he wasn't, it seems like he wouldn't have seen too much of Gordon anyway.

Here is EJ's reply to a question about where he would train this summer.
JT, I will be working out here in Indy, rotate to Chicago with Tim Grover, then to LA to spend a little time with KB24. Then back to Indy. I did 90% of all my training last year pre draft and I was the #1 athlete at the pre draft camp. So, basically I can get everything I need here in Indy, but working out at a few different locations this summer will keep my workouts fresh.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers