Gordon Interview

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Gordon Interview 

Post#1 » by mkwest » Wed May 6, 2009 7:03 am

So, how do you think you did this year, young fella?

“Individually, I think I did pretty good, but as a team, not so well. We’ve got a talented team that we just need to find that chemistry and get it back together. That’s what we definitely need to do, find our chemistry this summer so we can build on it throughout the season next year.”

On having a chip on his shoulder because the Lakers get so much attention in LA:

“Yeah, because the Lakers they have so much publicity nationally, plus we’re both in the same city so then we get overlooked a little bit. But, that’s what it’s all about, getting noticed and all about winning, and the Clippers haven’t had too many winning seasons since the franchise started.”

On turning the Clippers’ losing tradition around in the near future:

“Oh yeah, most definitely, it’s possible that we could do it next year. We don’t have too many missing pieces, we just had so many injuries but we have a lot of talented guys on the team, we just need to pull it together.”

sportsradiointerviews.com

Full Audio Interview on "The Drive with JMV"
mj_shoefanatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 104

Re: Gordon Interview 

Post#2 » by mj_shoefanatic » Wed May 6, 2009 10:56 am

Really like this kid's attitude and approach to the game of basketball.
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 700

Post#3 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Wed May 6, 2009 5:53 pm

If Gordon's attitude can catch on with the rest of the team we should be able to win.
I've been an LA Clipper fan since 1998 and that will never change. I hate our new logo and jerseys!
mattfish
Senior
And1: 0

Post#4 » by mattfish » Fri May 8, 2009 5:22 pm

Sometimes I feel bad for players like Gordon who are stand-up guys and optimistic, then end up on the Clippers and get demoralized. He reminds me a lot of Elton's character and attitude, but hopefully Gordon can be more of a vocal leader for the team. That's one thing that EB lacked... the ability to be a vocal leader and take charge of the team. EB needed Cassell to fill that void in his leadership, hopefully Gordon can take that upon himself.
SportsFan215
Assistant Coach
And1: 60

Post#5 » by SportsFan215 » Sat May 9, 2009 5:14 am

I can't help be feel optimistic with a guy like Gordon on the team. It's now up to the front office to surround him with players that have the same mentality.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers