ZBO with another DUI? 4/27 Update: DUI Charge Rejected

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Re: ZBO with another DUI? 

Post#21 » by StutterStep » Thu Apr 9, 2009 11:18 am

ClipperDomination wrote:
JJ LoDuca wrote:He doesn't need to be moved because of a DUI. We don't know specifics like his BAC or how fast he was driving or anything. Not that I'm excusing his actions, but professional athletes have done much worse-- Donte Stallworth for example, who CD mentioned earlier. While drunk driving never leads to anything positive, there's no reason to call for his head or get him booted from the team. It was boneheaded decision by a bona fide bonehead, but justice (to the extent that professional athletes get) will be served.

I'm not saying that since this is his first incident with the Clipps that he should be booted...

What I'm trying to say is that this isn't the first, second, nor third time he's been caught doing something illegal. If he's not ready to change by now, why would we want him.

I know it may be hard to trade him, but at least put him out on the market...

I agree with JJ but I see your point. If we look at the full scope of events, I think Zach has deeper issues, esp. how he might be dealing with the deaths in his family. This is 3 consecutive seasons that a family member has passed.

Also, I wonder what the "facts" are in the case. Was he clowning with friends by driving reckless and switching lanes, which we have all done in our 20s? What was the speed? BAC? Lots of things to unearth.
JJ LoDuca
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#22 » by JJ LoDuca » Thu Apr 9, 2009 9:39 pm

ClipperDomination wrote:What I'm trying to say is that this isn't the first, second, nor third time he's been caught doing something illegal. If he's not ready to change by now, why would we want him.

Because he can play ball!

I absolutely see your point though-- it's about his history. He's done things like this before and some could argue this indicates that he's not on his way to stopping. But the fact is, we need his contribution to the team. The guy is kind of an idiot, but its not like every other player on the Clippers is walking around with a halo over his head. Zachary did wrong and got caught doing so, but I really do think it will be dealt with and the team will proceed as if nothing happened. I don't think trading him or "putting him out on the market" benefits anybody in this situation.
-Ms. JJ
SportsFan215
Assistant Coach
And1: 60

Post#23 » by SportsFan215 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:15 pm

After the Nick Adenhart tragedy and the Donte Stallworth incident (as mentioned earlier in this thread), getting into the drivers seat after drinking has to be the stupidest thing a person could do.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,512

Post#24 » by Roscoe Sheed » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:46 am

StutterStep
RealGM

Post#25 » by StutterStep » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:08 am

"smelled alcohol in the car" LOL, cops!
casey
General Manager
And1: 7

Re: ZBO with another DUI? 4/27 Update: DUI Charge Rejected 

Post#26 » by casey » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:28 pm

Hmm, wonder why it was dropped. Because he's famous maybe?
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
PlinkingPanda
Analyst
And1: 2

Post#27 » by PlinkingPanda » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:39 pm

casey wrote:Hmm, wonder why it was dropped. Because he's famous maybe?

Lots of famous people haven't had their DUIs dropped.. Hell Z-Bo isn't even that famous to begin with. There are more haters than fans.

J-Rich is a hell of a lot more popular than Z-Bo is. Was his DUI dropped earlier this season? I never bothered to stay up to date cause these mistakes are just so damn stupid to do to begin with.
mj_shoefanatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 104

Post#28 » by mj_shoefanatic » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:44 am

Glad to hear Zbo didn't get charged with 2nd DUI after all.
amk482
Senior
And1: 0

Post#29 » by amk482 » Wed May 6, 2009 3:02 pm

Are clippers looking to move ZBO? if so, for what? expirings?
PlinkingPanda
Analyst
And1: 2

Post#30 » by PlinkingPanda » Wed May 6, 2009 11:18 pm

amk482 wrote:Are clippers looking to move ZBO? if so, for what? expirings?

I don't think so at the moment. He's played well for us, and technically its just the Amundson situation that's gone wrong since this DUI was rejected. I think we'll be sticking with this team to see how things work out this upcoming year.. Then perhaps some changes if we continue sucking.. Like trading Camby before the deadline. Perhaps moving Kaman as well? Hopefully DeAndre can develop faster for us.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#31 » by StutterStep » Thu May 14, 2009 4:27 pm

^Though I think the Clips would like to keep Zach, I think you're going to get an offer this summer. Some of it might come from teams trying to dump garbage on you. But you might also get a decent offer.

Orlando -- Rashard/pick for Zach/Al....Hedo/Rafer...Zach/Mardy

Charlotte -- May/Nazr/Pick for Zach/second rounder

A few teams who don't have "2010" goals and need to get better...etc...

Return to Los Angeles Clippers