ImageImageImageImageImage

2017-2018 Predictions

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

DLaren
Pro Prospect
And1: 748

Re: 2017-2018 Predictions 

Post#21 » by DLaren » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:32 am

I'm going into this season assuming no one is going to have a "break-out" year.

If everybody does what they have always done this is a 38 win team and we're back to being a cellar-dweller for the foreseeable future.
1.Jordan 2.Kareem 3.Lebron 4.Magic 5.Bird 6.Russell 7.Duncan 8.Wilt 9.Kobe 10.Shaq
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,176

Post#22 » by og15 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:42 am

Record: 47-35

Seed/Lottery Position: 6th

Biggest Surprise: Sindarius Thornwell breaking into the rotation

Biggest Disappointment: Wesley Johnson starts off playing well then fades back into suckitude. Also possibly Harrell not being able to find a role among all the bigs.

Most Likely to Finish Season on a Different Team: Lou Williams, one year contract, if the team feels like they need to make a change, he gets traded.

Biggest Rookie Impact (includes 2-ways, but not Milos): Sindarius Thornwell as he breaks into the rotation

NBA Awards
MVP: Kawhi Leonard
DPOY: Rudy Gobert
MIP: Nikola Jokic
ROY: Ben Simmons
6MOY: Eric Gordon
EOY: Sam Presti
COY: Mike Malone

DLaren wrote:I'm going into this season assuming no one is going to have a "break-out" year.

If everybody does what they have always done this is a 38 win team and we're back to being a cellar-dweller for the foreseeable future.
Someone is quite the downer
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,091

Neddy: I Accept 

Post#23 » by Wammy Giveaway » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:53 am

Just to clear things up...

1. If my prediction of a 20-62 record or anything resembling an out-of-playoffs scenario comes true, then my only request is for those people who hated me to treat me with some respect. I am zany and outrageous, but I am a human being too.

2. If the Clippers do make the playoffs and, more importantly, get out of the 2nd round, even if it means having to defeat the very man who made them relevant to do so, then I will submit a private request to the mods to ban me.

Let's do it, Neddy.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: Neddy: I Accept 

Post#24 » by Neddy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:22 am

Wammy Giveaway wrote:Just to clear things up...

1. If my prediction of a 20-62 record or anything resembling an out-of-playoffs scenario comes true, then my only request is for those people who hated me to treat me with some respect. I am zany and outrageous, but I am a human being too.

2. If the Clippers do make the playoffs and, more importantly, get out of the 2nd round, even if it means having to defeat the very man who made them relevant to do so, then I will submit a private request to the mods to ban me.

Let's do it, Neddy.

man, you really are something else.

do whatever pleases you. just remember, it is your demand and not mine.
ehhhhh f it.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Unable to PM WammyGiveaway 

Post#25 » by Ranma » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:42 am

Let's do it, Neddy.

Wammy,

I tried to reply to your PM but it says you don't exist for whatever reason. In any case, I understand how frustrated you are but I'm a believer in holding people accountable for what they post. While I find your conspiracy theories to be entertaining at times, they can be hard to digest when most of us want to discuss things logically.

I know you've been previously accused of being a closeted Laker fan but I think our community has come to be more accepting or tolerant of you now.

If you're going to make claims that we'll finish with possibly the worst record in the NBA this season, you have to back it up with convincing supporting materials and expect to defend or otherwise advocate your position by appealing to people's intelligence. It comes off a bit as trolling if you don't at least cite some recent trends.

Like I said, I find your stuff to be entertaining at times and I appreciate your historical research, in particular, but it seems to me that you're picking fights when there really isn't a need.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Wammy Giveaway
Starter

Mods, Please Check My PM Settings 

Post#26 » by Wammy Giveaway » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:47 am

Mods, could you please send me a PM test? I am not receiving Ranma's post. Does this mean I'm barred from receiving PMs?
Ranma
RealGM

Enabling Receipt of Private Messages 

Post#27 » by Ranma » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:59 am

Wammy Giveaway wrote:Mods, could you please send me a PM test? I am not receiving Ranma's post. Does this mean I'm barred from receiving PMs?

I mis-typed your username the first time and it now says that you haven't enabled receipt of private messages, so it looks like you have to enable it on your side.

I got your PM about email, but I've already said what I have to say.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Wammy Giveaway
Starter

PM Re-Enabled 

Post#28 » by Wammy Giveaway » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:13 am

It was set to off when I first joined the forum. I have it on again.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#29 » by esqtvd » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:36 am

og15 wrote:Record: 47-35

Seed/Lottery Position: 6th

Biggest Surprise: Sindarius Thornwell breaking into the rotation

Biggest Disappointment: Wesley Johnson starts off playing well then fades back into suckitude. Also possibly Harrell not being able to find a role among all the bigs.

Most Likely to Finish Season on a Different Team: Lou Williams, one year contract, if the team feels like they need to make a change, he gets traded.

Biggest Rookie Impact (includes 2-ways, but not Milos): Sindarius Thornwell as he breaks into the rotation

NBA Awards
MVP: Kawhi Leonard
DPOY: Rudy Gobert
MIP: Nikola Jokic
ROY: Ben Simmons
6MOY: Eric Gordon
EOY: Sam Presti
COY: Mike Malone

DLaren wrote:I'm going into this season assuming no one is going to have a "break-out" year.

Someone is quite the downer

Great post. Esp because I agree with almost every word. Even the 47 wins. :P :P
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
wassuphomeboy
Junior
And1: 236

Post#30 » by wassuphomeboy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:45 pm

Record: 35-47 (I really, REALLY wish I'm wrong about this one)

Seed/Lottery Position: 11th place in Western Conference. Top 5 lottery pick (This is one thing I'll be optimistic about.)

Biggest Surprise: Lou Williams. Guy is a natural at scoring and will be the 6MOY candidate he usually is. I wanted to include Sindarius Thornwell becoming EJ 2.0, but you know Doc is going to have him buried on the bench. Austin could also make another leap. People forget he's still only 25 and hasn't even reached his prime yet.

Biggest Disappointment: See Record/Lottery Position.

Most Likely to Finish Season on a Different Team: DeAndre Jordan, unfortunately. We'd be better off keeping him, given he's the kind of player you're never going to get equal value back in any trade. On the bright side, looks like the FO is already looking at an extension.

Biggest Rookie Impact (includes 2-ways, but not Milos): Hopefully Sindarius, but he also might take a season or two to get used to the NBA. Not necessarily a bad thing, as James Harden only averaged 10 PPG his rookie season.

NBA Awards

MVP: James Harden (LeBron James)

DPOY: Rudy Gobert (Kawhi Leonard)

MIP: D'Angelo Russell (Myles Turner)

ROY: Lonzo Ball (Ben Simmons)

6MOY: Lou Williams (Eric Gordon)

EOY: Daryl Morey (Sam Presti)

COY: Doc Rivers (Just kidding). Terry Stotts (Steve Kerr)
I root for players always, organizations sometimes.

I don't know how I'm ever going to forgive the Clippers' new front office.
Neddy
RealGM

Re: Neddy: I Accept 

Post#31 » by Neddy » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:20 am

Let's do it, Neddy.

like I said there is nothing for me to lose.

but I do find you to be somewhat cowardly to say a blurred standard by saying "anything resembling" without a specific number to define what you mean to be the guide line but define a very clear guide line of making it to the western championship round. come on Whammy, you really want a bet, you got 20 games or less. otherwise you are banned.

what do you say? it is on you.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#32 » by Neddy » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:23 am

damn, I feel so generous tonight. I will spot you 5 games. you win less than 25, I will honor your bet. if you lose more than 25, ban yourself boy.

you win less than 25, I will never talk back.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#33 » by Neddy » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:26 am

like i said before my intension was never about banning your ass. you asked for it. but the premise of your bet seems very biased because we all know we are in a rebuilding mode and it would be a super success just to get out of the first round, and you are betting our beloved franchise won't have success you are setting us to be, while you are being sure that we will be the next 76ers, which offends me to no end. like I always expressed from the day 1 you came on board, you aren't really a clipper fan. if you were, you won't be betting that our beloved franchise especially under Steve Ballmer ownership would ever stoop down to a 20 W season ever again.

I challenge you. 25 or less. otherwise you are banned.
ehhhhh f it.
Wammy Giveaway
Starter

Post#34 » by Wammy Giveaway » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:34 am

Neddy wrote:like i said before my intension was never about banning your ass. you asked for it. but the premise of your bet seems very biased because we all know we are in a rebuilding mode and it would be a super success just to get out of the first round, and you are betting our beloved franchise won't have success you are setting us to be, while you are being sure that we will be the next 76ers, which offends me to no end. like I always expressed from the day 1 you came on board, you aren't really a clipper fan. if you were, you won't be betting that our beloved franchise especially under Steve Ballmer ownership would ever stoop down to a 20 W season ever again.

YOU'RE ON!
Neddy
RealGM

Post#35 » by Neddy » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:41 am

Wammy Giveaway wrote:
Neddy wrote:like i said before my intension was never about banning your ass. you asked for it. but the premise of your bet seems very biased because we all know we are in a rebuilding mode and it would be a super success just to get out of the first round, and you are betting our beloved franchise won't have success you are setting us to be, while you are being sure that we will be the next 76ers, which offends me to no end. like I always expressed from the day 1 you came on board, you aren't really a clipper fan. if you were, you won't be betting that our beloved franchise especially under Steve Ballmer ownership would ever stoop down to a 20 W season ever again.

YOU'RE ON!

okay kid,

I'm just gonna quote you for the record. again, you volunteered. remember that.

I hope your green font is not a way out as being sarcasm. if you really mean it, prove it with normal black font.
ehhhhh f it.
Ranma
RealGM

Can't We All Get Along? 

Post#36 » by Ranma » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:47 am

Come on, guys. This seems so unnecessary, especially since our teams are having such a great night.

Wammy, are you seriously going to risk your access to this forum on the idea that the 2017-18 Clippers will basically be the worst team in the league? I urge you to reconsider.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#37 » by Neddy » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:47 am

you not willing? lol
ehhhhh f it.
Wammy Giveaway
Starter

Post#38 » by Wammy Giveaway » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:48 am

Neddy wrote:I hope your green font is not a way out as being sarcasm. if you really mean it, prove it with normal black font.

The green font was meant to be a signal for "Go," like in a traffic light. Originally, I wanted to use red.

Went back and changed my font color.
Wammy Giveaway
Starter

Re: Can't We All Get Along? 

Post#39 » by Wammy Giveaway » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:49 am

Ranma wrote:Wammy, are you seriously going to risk your access to this forum on the idea that the 2017-18 Clippers will basically be the worst team in the league? I urge you to reconsider.

It's not just this forum, it's every sports site. Every place I go to, I seem to be a cancer. I just get people riled up. This is for the best.

And the deed is done.

I'm sorry, Ranma.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#40 » by Neddy » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:50 am

sorry Ranma, but I am not the initiator of this whole ordeal. I am simply pointing out the faulty premises of his so called bet.
ehhhhh f it.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers