esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,924

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1061 » by esqtvd » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:58 am

Max Headrom wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:
You know what they say about assumptions right??

One, I'm not a Doc supporter (nice try) I just call out BS when I see it and IN MY OPINION, saying he'd rather have Larry Brown over Doc, especially for the reasons he hates Doc sounds crazy to me.

What's worse is you've assumed we're in cahoots as "Doc Haters" (yet, dont want someone to assume you're a supporter - pot, meet kettle) and Ranma and I have had very intense disagreements about Doc's role in this franchise, whether he should stay or go, and whether bashing his character is appropriate over the YEARS.

You let a goof troop in the forum who thinks he's a martyr taking on all things anti-Doc and you get convinced that anybody who thinks moving on from Doc is a good idea is a "Doc Hater."

You didn't call out his BS. You didn't start that trying to have a legit debate and hear his side of why Larry Brown was better. You came for him. He responded and it was funny. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Uh, I specifically said why I thought it didn't make any sense to me in my initial response. A team trying to go younger with 2 early picks and he wants a guy who didn't even play the number 2 pick in a draft but yet somehow I'm wrong for questioning that logic?? Crazy...

Yes, those are some of the reasons there were 9 coaching changes in the past year and Larry Brown got none of those jobs--indeed he got exactly ZERO interviews.

As for the anti-Doc crowd, the joke is that they have to hijack every thread and subject with the same stupid noise. Larry Brown takes a crap job overseas? Use it as an excuse to bleat about Doc again. :sleep2:

Doc just got extended; he's here at least another year. Deal with it.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,260

Post#1062 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:13 pm

Larry Brown is one of the few coaches I wouldn't rather have than Doc at this point. He's 77 years old. He'll leave after a year or two. And the idea that he's unbiased and will play the best/most deserving players is way off. Remember his disastrous stint as coach of Team USA in 2004? LeBron, Amar'e and Melo warmed the bench while Iverson and Marbury were given tons of minutes to chuck bricks.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,643

Post#1063 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:50 pm

^^^
Proof the NWO thinks uniformly and agrees on every topic just because we would like to move on from Doc.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#1064 » by esqtvd » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:17 pm

Just because you disagree with Ramna's more stupid ideas doesn't mean you're still not a club.

As for Doc, even I was fine with changing coaches. Whatever. Point is bringing him up in every thread is moot. He just got renewed; he's staying for awhile.

It's not the stupidity, it's the irrelevance.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1065 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:35 pm

Must make defending him in every thread appropriate (even people not a part of the "club").

Seems like an appropriate and well reasoned reaction to something irrelevant.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#1066 » by esqtvd » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:27 am

actually having a laugh at Ramna dragging his Doc Rivers hate onto the board out of nowhere again and getting toasted for it

Larry Brown? dumbest post of the year so far
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1067 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:56 am

Posting Geoff Green's a playoff player;
Calling another post the dumbest post of the year.

Pick one.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,361

Post#1068 » by og15 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:05 pm

Here I was just trying to give Green some props for his one good game and instead it turned into quotable comments. Maybe Green is actually a finals player?

Finals:
5.3 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 2.0 apg, 28.6% FG, 21.4% 3PT

Okay maybe not...

Playoffs total:
7.7 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 1.5 apg, 41% FG, 30% 3PT

My lesson for today is don't use a 1-2 game sample to project the story about a player. Our own Wes Johnson could have probably helped the Cavs just as much or more than Green in his own different ways and in different games, but with the same team end result.

I agree about absolutely no Larry Brown, he comes in an makes everyone acquiesce to his ways, has his guys then quickly runs away to the next thrill. Also he's old and he's never been the most adaptable guy, probably would still be trying to play with old NBA strategies.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,351

Post#1069 » by nickhx2 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:13 pm

sometimes i think back and wonder how nice all those draft picks would be in our pockets these days. especially in this timeline where kawhi leonard wants out. oh well
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,281

Post#1070 » by wco81 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:22 pm

Why are you talking about Larry Brown?

Nobody in the NBA is going to hire him.

Sounds like he couldn't get takers in the NCAA either.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,260

Post#1071 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:33 pm

esqtvd wrote:actually having a laugh at Ramna dragging his Doc Rivers hate onto the board out of nowhere again and getting toasted for it

Larry Brown? dumbest post of the year so far

No, all your posts defending Doc Rivers are still tied for the dumbest of the year, actually. Particularly the ones where you pretend like he wasn't one of the most incompetent GMs in NBA history.
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#1072 » by nickhx2 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:39 pm

no idea why larry brown is the point of any conversation. he's about as toxic as it comes for an NBA organization these days.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#1073 » by esqtvd » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:50 pm

nickhx2 wrote:no idea why larry brown is the point of any conversation. he's about as toxic as it comes for an NBA organization these days.

because Doc Rivers :rofl2:
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#1074 » by nickhx2 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:34 pm

for me the list of people currently involved in the NBA who are worse than larry brown is like

ranadive
gilbert
knicks owner (how do i not remember his name)
jim buss
paxson/heard

basically top of the food chain egomaniacs/psychos/meddlers/asshats. and he's only a coach. you don't want larry brown anywhere near your team unless you wanna see it veer off course for the next 10-15 years.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#1075 » by esqtvd » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:47 pm

nickhx2 wrote:sometimes i think back and wonder how nice all those draft picks would be in our pockets these days. especially in this timeline where kawhi leonard wants out. oh well

you're not going to get Kawhi with mid- to late-round picks like we traded
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,224

Post#1076 » by Max Headrom » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:49 pm

nickhx2 wrote:for me the list of people currently involved in the NBA who are worse than larry brown is like

ranadive
gilbert
jim buss
paxson/heard

basically top of the food chain egomaniacs/psychos/meddlers/asshats. and he's only a coach. you don't want larry brown anywhere near your team unless you wanna see it veer off course for the next 10-15 years.

Detroit (and in some ways the Knicks) are still paying for Larry Brown sabotaging the teams future. I usually just read certain things and keep it pushing but him saying he'd rather have Larry than Doc was way too extreme. And then goes on to list the complete opposite of what Larry Brown does when he coaches as to why he'd choose Larry over Doc.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#1077 » by esqtvd » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:07 am

Max Headrom wrote:
nickhx2 wrote:for me the list of people currently involved in the NBA who are worse than larry brown is like

ranadive
gilbert
jim buss
paxson/heard

Detroit (and in some ways the Knicks) are still paying for Larry Brown sabotaging the teams future. I usually just read certain things and keep it pushing but him saying he'd rather have Larry than Doc was way too extreme. And then goes on to list the complete opposite of what Larry Brown does when he coaches as to why he'd choose Larry over Doc.

This is precisely the point. Larry Brown was a "the future is now" coach like George Allen, far more than Doc ever was. Larry had quick--down and dirty--success and even won an NBA title in an off-year. Took Allen Iverson to the Finals, albeit with absolutely zero chance of actually defeating Shaq-Kobe.

In the context of this discussion, despite his BB genius IQ, Larry Brown has left every franchise--pro or college--worse off than when he found it. Often much worse.

Sorry, Ramna. Another junky riff, pwned
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1078 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:24 pm

og15 wrote:Here I was just trying to give Green some props for his one good game and instead it turned into quotable comments. Maybe Green is actually a finals player?

Well, not for Cleveland for sure.

Maybe for the Clippers.
We'll never know because Blake and Chris got hurt.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#1079 » by esqtvd » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:56 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:
og15 wrote:Here I was just trying to give Green some props for his one good game and instead it turned into quotable comments. Maybe Green is actually a finals player?

Well, not for Cleveland for sure.

Maybe for the Clippers.
We'll never know because Blake and Chris got hurt.

True.

Although being a rotation player getting your team to the Finals, then playing 23 mpg in the Finals makes you a Finals player, ipso facto. :dontknow:
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,361

Post#1080 » by og15 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:39 am

Haha, nice, glad you can take a little joking around without taking it too seriously

A great testament to the ineptitude of the Cavs roster, but Jeff Green is collecting his participation while sucking trophies :wink:

We've now concluded that what Jeff Green brought to the table was a finals player in the sense that he is a player who could be played in the finals and similarly a playoffs player in that sense, he could be on the court. His production based on playing half the game though was quite atrocious.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers