ImageImageImageImageImage

Marcus Smart?

Moderators: thanumba2clippersfan, og15, mkwest

UKClipperfan
Sophomore
And1: 38

Marcus Smart? 

Post#1 » by UKClipperfan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:43 am

Seems like a little bit of a missed opportunity to me. In a contract dispute with Boston and coulda been had quite easily. If ure giving Bradley 12 why not give a younger less version of Bradley/Beverley that money? Milos is seemingly on the way out (or is at least being marginalised) and Beverley always gets hurt, there are definitely minutes there.
Clemenza
Rookie
And1: 689

Re: Marcus Smart? 

Post#2 » by Clemenza » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:24 am

UKClipperfan wrote:Seems like a little bit of a missed opportunity to me. In a contract dispute with Boston and coulda been had quite easily. If ure giving Bradley 12 why not give a younger less version of Bradley/Beverley that money? Milos is seemingly on the way out (or is at least being marginalised) and Beverley always gets hurt, there are definitely minutes there.

We already have a cheaper version of him in Thornwell
esqtvd
Bench Warmer
And1: 284

Post#3 » by esqtvd » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:10 am

Bradley is only guaranteed $1.5M next year. It's pretty much a one year contract. Clips aren't interested in signing middling players long term. Few teams are. It's all about having cap space to land the whales.
..............................................................................IGNORED: nobody really, though some folks tend to make my eyes glaze over :lol:
QRich3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,969

Post#4 » by QRich3 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:27 am

Plus you can sign Bradley with bird rights, to make an offer to Smart you have to drop some other players to open capspace.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers