ImageImageImageImageImage

Clippers planning to part ways with Milos Teodosic?

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: Clippers planning to part ways with Milos Teodosic? 

Post#61 » by Neddy » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:48 am

Popovich wrote:
esqtvd wrote:It's a common joke in America [making it look like I speak the language] but I guess the joke doesn't translate too well to Serbia. Sorry. :oops:

No offense taken.

I might speak decent English but I belong to American culture only to extent to how much this culture reached us here through Hollywood, Coca-Cola, MTV, Rock, Rap, R&B, Metal and other music following mass media in the last decade.

You still did not answer on my last question or is it too early for you to tell at this point ?

Do you think LA Clippers will be worse or better next season compared to the last season?

trust me, I am not defending the poster you are discussing the matter at hand with, but the answer depends on not just 1 factor, which is how this roster is structured as of now, barring any trades at least into the deadline, but a second and probably even bigger one.... which player would doc play when the season begins?

if we are winning more games than last season or pretty close to it, whatever. it will be entertaining night in and night out but we won't be developing the young kids then. we all know doc would be using the low ceiling, but proven vets over uncertain kids who will be given such short leash to begin with, they won't be allowed to make mistakes which are required to develop as a player in games, not in practices. the correct answer to me is to give the kids as many minutes as possible to maximize their growth as our future in major or at least in some minor ways, will depend on how these cheap, high ceiling players like Shay can turn into. this also means we would be and should be worse than last season. but then hey, we have so many young vets who are playing for a pay day contract, so if doc can orchestrate right, it may sing. if not, expect the Rat faced Punk Andre's one season of terror.
ehhhhh f it.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,898

Post#62 » by esqtvd » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:53 am

Popovich wrote:
esqtvd wrote:It's a common joke in America [making it look like I speak the language] but I guess the joke doesn't translate too well to Serbia. Sorry. :oops:

No offense taken.

I might speak decent English but I belong to American culture only to extent to how much this culture reached us here through Hollywood, Coca-Cola, MTV, Rock, Rap, R&B, Metal and other music following mass media in the last decade.

You still did not answer on my last question or is it too early for you to tell at this point ?

Do you think LA Clippers will be worse or better next season compared to the last season?

At this point, a bit worse, say 35 wins. I wasn't his hugest fan at $24M a year, but we're gonna miss DJ more than most of us expect.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#63 » by TheNewEra » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:06 am

Forgot all about Gortat
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#64 » by esqtvd » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:36 am

TheNewEra wrote:Forgot all about Gortat

we'll see

DJ quarterbacked the defense
Popovich
Pro Prospect
And1: 293

Post#65 » by Popovich » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:14 am

esqtvd wrote:

we'll see

Yes that is correct, also he was known for helping a lot which is something European basketball is known for more .
Yet, in offence I saw him as he was one of those centers who asked for a ball to be served on a plate in order for him to score.

NBA is moving towards modern type of centers who can at least shoot, maybe that is one of the reasons why LAC did not try to hold him. When your big is not dangerous from any area, except below the rim, but for easier picturing lets say the whole paint , your offence starts to be a lot more predictable.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#66 » by esqtvd » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:47 am

Popovich wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

we'll see

Yes that is correct, also he was known for helping a lot which is something European basketball is known for more .
Yet, in offence I saw him as he was one of those centers who asked for a ball to be served on a plate in order for him to score.

NBA is moving towards modern type of centers who can at least shoot, maybe that is one of the reasons why LAC did not try to hold him. When your big is not dangerous from any area except below the rim, your offence starts to be a lot more predictable.

If there was ever anything unanimous on this board, it might have been in hoping DJ would opt out. He was a lame duck, and at @$24M at that.

I was hoping he was gone the first time, but Blake and JJ led the charge to steal him back from Marc Cuban. CP went along, and it's my opinion that Dok Rivers purposely did nothing in the first place to keep him, and had to plaster a smile on his face for the sake of esprit de corps when all this went down.

Read on Twitter
Popovich
Pro Prospect

Post#67 » by Popovich » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:41 am

It's not DJ's thread (although his departure opened a lot of space so it's one of the factors which led to Milos's staying) but I forgot to add that the part of his game which will be utterly missed is rebounds in general but specially those in offence. He used to take a huge portion of total team rebounds.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#68 » by esqtvd » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:16 am

Popovich wrote:It's not DJ's thread but I forgot to add that the part of his game which will be utterly missed is rebounds in general but specially those in offence. He used to take a huge portion of total team rebounds.

It was Dok Rivers' coaching philosophy to not go for offensive rebounds and instead get back on defense. Since your chance at an offensive rebound is way less than 50% even if you're a good offensive rebounder, it is a defensible philosophy.

However, although I didn't read about it anywhere, going through last year's stats I noticed our offensive rebounds were way up [+12.7%] suggesting that Dok quietly softened that philosophy.

Either way, I think DJ had the green light to go for offensive rebs, and that would have added to his % of our total rebs since everyone else was getting back on D.
Popovich
Pro Prospect

Post#69 » by Popovich » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:39 pm

Since Miloš will play for the Clippers next season too, I hope he will play close to the level that he showed in his last game in the LAC uniform. Let's remind ourselves to how much Miloš can bring to this team. He can play like that occasionally but can he keep such a level throughout the season and give more regular displays of his unique talent?

og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,116

Post#70 » by og15 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:41 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Popovich wrote:It's not DJ's thread but I forgot to add that the part of his game which will be utterly missed is rebounds in general but specially those in offence. He used to take a huge portion of total team rebounds.

It was Dok Rivers' coaching philosophy to not go for offensive rebounds and instead get back on defense. Since your chance at an offensive rebound is way less than 50% even if you're a good offensive rebounder, it is a defensible philosophy.

However, although I didn't read about it anywhere, going through last year's stats I noticed our offensive rebounds were way up [+12.7%] suggesting that Dok quietly softened that philosophy.

Either way, I think DJ had the green light to go for offensive rebs, and that would have added to his % of our total rebs since everyone else was getting back on D.
It's the C goes for offensive rebounds and everyone else gets back. He used the strategy with Boston too as they were older, but for the Clippers it was also because when he came on, the Clippers were one of the worst teams in the league in transition defense.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#71 » by TheNewEra » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:15 pm

Popovich wrote:Since Miloš will play for the Clippers next season too, I hope he will play close to the level that he showed in his last game in the LAC uniform. Let's remind ourselves to how much Miloš can bring to this team. He can play like that occasionally but can he keep such a level throughout the season and give more regular displays of his unique talent?

If only he was like 8 years younger
Popovich
Pro Prospect

Post#72 » by Popovich » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:03 am

TheNewEra wrote:If only he was like 8 years younger

Age does not affects him like other ordinary basketball players. Aging will affect him in some way, mostly when it comes to endurance and injury probability. But in some way he does not have much to lose, he was in fact never that fast guard in Europe or anywhere,he was never strong, he always played with his head and was driven by motivation to win a title. I think he does not even goes to gym for weight lifting , at least he does not look like such a guy. When he was training soccer as a kid he was lazy to run , in soccer there is a lot of running without a ball which isn't really interesting for a creative kid, so he has chosen to be a goalkeeper. By his own words he was not that bad at all goalkeeper and only because of his older brother who was a basketballer and who regularly got him beaten has he decided to switch to basketball in order to prove to him that he is better.

He is one of those guys with whom you would love to go out and get drunk. In fact one guy from his hometown told my friend while they were locked behind the bars and my friend told me, that when Milos swings by their hometown local bar everyone has not one free drink but everyone gets wasted while Milos gladly pays the bills. That is why every ordinary guy here likes Miloš. In other occasion he was supposedly in relation with one locally famous volleyball player. You know how volleyball women players are hansom, mmmm. Anyhow she did not show up and he got so drunk afterwards that they had to carry him in a construction trolley. That is how much of a professional he is. He simply plays with his heart, brains and passion.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#73 » by esqtvd » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:40 am

Popovich wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:If only he was like 8 years younger

Age does not affects him like other ordinary basketball players. Aging will affect him in some way, mostly when it comes to endurance and injury probability. But in some way he does not have much to lose, he was in fact never that fast guard in Europe or anywhere,he was never strong, he always played with his head and was driven by motivation to win a title. I think he does not even goes to gym for weight lifting , at least he does not look like such a guy. When he was training soccer as a kid he was lazy to run , in soccer there is a lot of running without a ball which isn't really interesting for a creative kid, so he has chosen to be a goalkeeper. By his own words he was not that bad at all goalkeeper and only because of his older brother who was a basketballer and who regularly got him beaten has he decided to switch to basketball in order to prove to him that he is better.

He is one of those guys with whom you would love to go out and get drunk. In fact one guy from his hometown told my friend while they were locked behind the bars and my friend told me, that when Milos swings by their hometown local bar everyone has not one free drink but everyone gets wasted while Milos gladly pays the bills. That is why every ordinary guy here likes Miloš. In other occasion he was supposedly in relation with one locally famous volleyball player. You know how volleyball women players are hansom, mmmm. Anyhow she did not show up and he got so drunk afterwards that they had to carry him in a construction trolley. That is how much of a professional he is. He simply plays with his heart, brains and passion.

LOL, I love it. Every team needs someone to lead them--to the bars, taverns and strip joints. :wink: Miloš and Bobi are the cat's ass.

Popovich
Pro Prospect

Post#74 » by Popovich » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:39 pm

Miloš is listed as injured for the first preseason match versus Sydney Kings. On the contrary he said, just a few days ago, that he is healthy and that his injury is completely healed. So it can mean just a couple of things:

It may be that staff finally gave up on him because he did not work on his body and condition so they decided to list him as injured as they have assessed that he is not fit enough to make into a new team. Another possibility is that he really had some minor injury during practice. Anyway this should not worry LAC fans at all because Doc has an abundance of available guards.

Unfortunately for him I think he made a wrong decision when he made decision to stay in NBA. He had such a contract that he could have left with nice amount of money and find team in Europe where he would at least play. How things are looking right now I think he will be the last option on PG position in this team and it can occur that even bench will be out of his reach. It is obvious that he can't play NBA level of basketball, I don't know what was he thinking, what is he trying to accomplish. Maybe he is fine with this. Having nice pay and not working much while living in Sun bathed city of angels. Who knows :crazy:
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#75 » by esqtvd » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:30 pm

Popovich wrote:Miloš is listed as injured for the first preseason match versus Sydney Kings. On the contrary he said, just a few days ago, that he is healthy and that his injury is completely healed. So it can mean just a couple of things:

It may be that staff finally gave up on him because he did not work on his body and condition so they decided to list him as injured as they have assessed that he is not fit enough to make into a new team. Another possibility is that he really had some minor injury during practice. Anyway this should not worry LAC fans at all because Doc has an abundance of available guards.

Unfortunately for him I think he made a wrong decision when he made decision to stay in NBA. He had such a contract that he could have left with nice amount of money and find team in Europe where he would at least play. How things are looking right now I think he will be the last option on PG position in this team and it can occur that even bench will be out of his reach. It is obvious that he can't play NBA level of basketball, I don't know what was he thinking, what is he trying to accomplish. Maybe he is fine with this. Having nice pay and not working much while living in Sun bathed city of angels. Who knows :crazy:

The Clips are calling it 'precautionary,' and it wouldn't be out of character for Milos to show up out of shape anyway.

There's no rush. Doc wants to institute a more 21st century scheme, which means all 4 non-centers on the floor will bring up the ball [push it, more like] and initiate the offense. This saves valuable ticks on the 24-second clock and will not be reliant on runnng everything through a traditional PG.

Will it work? Who knows? If it doesn't, Milos is gonna be needed. But until we know, there's no reason to tax Milos' health.

Take it easy there, big fella.

Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,213

Post#76 » by Clemenza » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:23 am

Its 2018 and soon to be '19.. there's no need to have players on your roster who don't take care of themselves and put in work during the off season. This guy curls cheeseburgers not dumbbells
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Outstanding Rating Small Sample Size 

Post#77 » by Ranma » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:20 pm

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,179

Post#78 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:55 am

Clemenza wrote:Its 2018 and soon to be '19.. there's no need to have players on your roster who don't take care of themselves and put in work during the off season. This guy curls cheeseburgers not dumbbells

He also drops dimes and runs an offense better than any of our other guards. Turns out we do still need him, at least until SGA becomes the star we all know he's going to be.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Vintage Milos 

Post#79 » by Ranma » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:27 am

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Popovich
Pro Prospect

Post#80 » by Popovich » Wed Jan 9, 2019 4:15 am

https://nbanewsnow.com/houston-rockets-milos-teodosic-should-be-a-target-as-insurance-for-chris-paul-national-basketball-association-news/

In my opinion he is closer to Turkey where Anadolu Efes fans would gladly see what has left in Teodosic sleeve and are actively lobbing on club ownership board to buy up, which is for Europian standards expensive contract yet not too luxury amount of cash, in order to acquire creative playmaker at a mid NBA season time-frame as heard fan-base desire.

Otherwise he will serve as insurance for insurance in Houston and will hardly see not to say sit on the bench.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers