Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,225

Re: 2019 Training Camp / Preseason 

Post#181 » by Clemenza » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:00 am

esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:Zu getting frustrated

Zu is my biggest worry. I think I even wrote on the thread that asked who was the key player this year, I said it was Zu--if he's getting 25 mpg, it means he's playing well and the team is too. Domino effect throughout the roster, too. Rest for Trezz, JaMychal and Harkless not needed to play minutes out of position at the 5

Zu's line tonight:

16 minutes
2 points
3 rebs
0 blks
4 TOs
team-worst [BY FAR!] minus-28

ffs
:sour:

all those gaudy analytics from last season were BS because Doc was protecting him

I'm worried about Shamet. He's had a bad preseason. I can actually see JRob getting a piece of his minutes if he doesn't get out of his shooting slump once the regular season starts.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#182 » by esqtvd » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:30 am

Clemenza wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:Zu getting frustrated

Zu is my biggest worry. I think I even wrote on the thread that asked who was the key player this year, I said it was Zu--if he's getting 25 mpg, it means he's playing well and the team is too. Domino effect throughout the roster, too. Rest for Trezz, JaMychal and Harkless not needed to play minutes out of position at the 5

Zu's line tonight:

16 minutes
2 points
3 rebs
0 blks
4 TOs
team-worst [BY FAR!] minus-28

ffs
:sour:

all those gaudy analytics from last season were BS because Doc was protecting him

I'm worried about Shamet. He's had a bad preseason. I can actually see JRob getting a piece of his minutes if he doesn't get out of his shooting slump once the regular season starts.

agree, Shamet also looking clueless, yes. In 37 minutes

2-10
1-8 from 3

2 rebs
2 assists

zero turnovers, though
and only minus-8

I am a HUGE Jerome non-fan. I only hope he plays well enough to be trade bait.

But he did.

32 minutes
5-13 but
2-5 from 3
5 rebs
6 assists/2 TOs
2 steals

12 points, only minus-2 in 32 minutes of a 15-point loss that was way uglier than that

not bad and nobody can say Doc isn't giving him his chance
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,276

Post#183 » by Yuri Vaultin » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:33 pm

Is it possible that Robinson has been outplaying both Shamet and Mann in preseason?

I'm just looking at the stats. What does the eye test tell you guys?
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#184 » by TheNewEra » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:13 pm

Yuri Vaultin wrote:Is it possible that Robinson has been outplaying both Shamet and Mann in preseason?

He has so far I don’t know if that will translate to minutes. The team clearly believes more in Shamet so I think Robinson has to continue to outplay Shamet to get time.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,956

Post#185 » by ejftw » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:39 pm

TheNewEra wrote:
Yuri Vaultin wrote:Is it possible that Robinson has been outplaying both Shamet and Mann in preseason?

He has so far I don’t know if that will translate to minutes. The team clearly believes more in Shamet so I think Robinson has to continue to outplay Robinson to get time.

Basically. Rome has the better all around game, obviously, but if Shamet turns back into ShamWet, with the way the team is construed, the minutes should stick with Landry.

But if he doesn't even reach 33% from range, Rome and Mann should soak up the time
Yogatti
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,194

Post#186 » by Yogatti » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:16 pm

I like how Terrance Mann responded after the scuffle with Luka. He started playing aggressive and looking for his own shots instead of deferring. We need more of that
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,296

Post#187 » by nickhx2 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:42 pm

Yogatti wrote:I like how Terrance Mann responded after the scuffle with Luka. He started playing aggressive and looking for his own shots instead of deferring. We need more of that

lmao over gb posters crying about that
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#188 » by NippySudz » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:52 pm

Are people really worried about shamet? I think the shamet concern is ridiculous. Yeah, shamet is going to shoot under 30pct for the season.

Calm down.

However I think Jerome is not great for this team. No offense I think Jerome is barely an NBA player. Also, his body language as a player kinda annoys me. I know it shouldn't but it's like he's not confident being there and it's preseason. Come on dude.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#189 » by NippySudz » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:02 pm

TheNewEra wrote:::
NippySudz wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:Not liking that we have so many guys cold shooting going into the season

It's preseason and one game. No NBA team is going to average 14.8fg%. I'm more concerned with the effort. Like montrez not boxing out a man. What is that? Just ball watching, loses sight of boban. I wonder what center can the clippers pick up. The rebounding is atrocious

One game but we haven’t looked good against any nba team so far.

Played houston- a unit that has been mainly intact for three plus yrs.

Played Denver - a team that was second seed and had over 200 games as a unit

Played Mavs- who's had kp since last yr. He got a chance to understand the philosophy of Carlisle

Like seriously, things are going to take time. He might be rough at first. Kawhi is not in game shape. Kawhi didn't train in the off season as he'd like. He was not participating in contact drills as late as late September. It's going to take time

You can tell. So many guys not rotating to the open three point shooters. The defense wasn't really communicating in the first half but they cleaned that up a bit to start the third. Scored 26pts off dallas turn overs. Luka started hot but finished 5/11(?)

I believe shamet will click soon. He's not really getting the ball in spots he likes to operate in in my opinion which is throwing off his rhythm. Once guys start to get more comfortable, people will see. And I believe tje front office will make the right midseasons acquisitions.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#190 » by esqtvd » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:16 pm

NippySudz wrote:However I think Jerome is not great for this team. No offense I think Jerome is barely an NBA player. Also, his body language as a player kinda annoys me. I know it shouldn't but it's like he's not confident being there and it's preseason. Come on dude.

I confess to Robinson Derangement Syndrome too. Like some people felt about Austin. FYI--

Read on Twitter

Jerome Robinson

5G
25.1 mpg
9.8ppg
34.6% FG
30.8% 3-PT
62.5% FT
3.8 rpg
4.6 apg
0.8 spg
1.8 TO
2.6 PF

Not very impressive although the assists and the TO ratio are a pleasant surprise. I still smell tradebait, though--that is, if anyone out there's interested. I think if he got turned loose as a scorer on some crap team like the Hornets, he might come into his own.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#191 » by esqtvd » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:23 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

It's still Pat and Lou's team, Pat's D on the first unit and Lou's O on the second. Adding Kawhi and PG to that is just insane.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#192 » by NippySudz » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:20 pm

To be honest, I don't believe in a few guys om thiw team. Moe harkless i dont believe in this guy. His shot is streaky. I don't believe in Patterson, and last but not least Jerome robinson.

These guys i hope that they're just trading pieces but if they play well then congrats to them but i just see what pressure does to Moe when I watched the blazers.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#193 » by NippySudz » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:22 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

It's still Pat and Lou's team, Pat's D on the first unit and Lou's O on the second. Adding Kawhi and PG to that is just insane.

I agree. Pats intensity was missed last night . Lowry got kawhi familiar with the plays fairly quickly. I look at pat and Lou helping kawhi to figuring it out
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,180

Post#194 » by og15 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:37 am

Anyone worried about the pre-season must think the Clippers regular season rotation is going to be full of bench players.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#195 » by NippySudz » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:58 am

og15 wrote:Anyone worried about the pre-season must think the Clippers regular season rotation is going to be full of bench players.

or think the clippers are going to shoot 14.8% in the first half. :lol: :crazy:

To anyone that thinks landry is struggling, just look at the way he played in the preaseason compared to last year. Its different. He's ran a little bit of point. He's in spots that he wasn't in last season, Others are still getting use to the rotation. He's getting balls in spots he's uncomfortable shooting. Doc made mention of him being more like a steph curry this year, its not panning out..Yet.
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#196 » by QRich3 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:55 am

Yeah not too worried about anything right now. Even if the slow start goes on to the start of the RS.

I am worried about Jerome though, he's been really bad. I want to have faith in him, but he's getting worse and worse it seems.
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,428

Post#197 » by TrueLAfan » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:19 am

esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:However I think Jerome is not great for this team. No offense I think Jerome is barely an NBA player. Also, his body language as a player kinda annoys me. I know it shouldn't but it's like he's not confident being there and it's preseason. Come on dude.

I confess to Robinson Derangement Syndrome too. Like some people felt about Austin.

(pre season numbers)

Not very impressive although the assists and the TO ratio are a pleasant surprise. I still smell tradebait, though--that is, if anyone out there's interested. I think if he got turned loose as a scorer on some crap team like the Hornets, he might come into his own.

I tend to agree. Jerome is looking more and more like a player who crumbles under pressure, which is mainly self-inflicted right now. He presses way too hard, which makes him look lost (way) too much. He could go on a ten game tear that could straighten him out for a month ... or a career. But I don't see that happening here, on this team at this time. Hope I'm wrong.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#198 » by NippySudz » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:29 am

TrueLAfan wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

I confess to Robinson Derangement Syndrome too. Like some people felt about Austin.

(pre season numbers)

I tend to agree. Jerome is looking more and more like a player who crumbles under pressure, which is mainly self-inflicted right now. He presses way too hard, which makes him look lost (way) too much. He could go on a ten game tear that could straighten him out for a month ... or a career. But I don't see that happening here, on this team at this time. Hope I'm wrong.
Mpj was available and they passed on him because of his back so I understand that but still looks more promising than Robinson even with the back surgery lol

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,296

Post#199 » by nickhx2 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:33 am

i was extremely upset when we passed on him but he had a lot of red flags concerning his attitude and personality. it wasn't just a back thing.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#200 » by esqtvd » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:45 am

I agree with you both

Clippers are not in the longshot business
or the remedial
especially if the attitude is suspect

a no-jerks rule, strictly enforced

that's why Dwight isn't here, and numerous others
[Lee Jenkins?]