2019 La clippers = 2011 Miami heat

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Re: 2019 La clippers = 2011 Miami heat 

Post#21 » by NippySudz » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:48 am

TheNewEra wrote:Spo is a superior x and o coach

He's just a superior coach, period. Even in the huddles, he's like kawhi he never panics. He talks to guys, also asks them what they see out there and values their input. He's a great coach.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#22 » by NippySudz » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:49 am

Clippers don't compare to 2011 heat. 2011 heat made the finals. Clippers never made it out. I think most fans here would be okay with losing in the finals vs losing a 3-1 lead in the WCSF.

Losing in the finals would show some promise in the first year. It would mean the clippers have a few tweaks to make to get back there. losing in the WCSF proves nothing.
lautreamont
Junior
And1: 248

Post#23 » by lautreamont » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:32 am

2011 Heat were much better than 2020 Clippers.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,260

Post#24 » by nickhx2 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:14 pm

NippySudz wrote:
nickhx2 wrote:i'd just go with

spo is a superior coach

agreed

I love Erik Spo and have loved him for a long time. Always underrated coach. I don't care if its part bubble effect, part coaching, look how he's able to get the most out of his players. Boston is a more talented team than miami heat. Boston has 4-5 guys that can get their own shot. Guys that can create for others, and sound defensively. On paper, they're better than the heat.

Yet the Heat is up 3-1. Nick nurse took this boston roster to seven games. He's a good coach. Here erik spoelstra is possibly going to end these guys in 5 games. He makes the adjustments when they need to be made. He doesn't care about feelings. When its time to trust his guys, he does. When its time to yank, he yanks. He has a fine balance of letting the rope go and reeling it in.

And guess what?! Miami heat players don't take it personal! It's about winning. They don't care. That's the culture they built. People defending the trezz move as doc believing in his guy or didn't want trezz to lose confidence need to stop already.

one key part you mentioned was that he doesn't care about feelings.

i think doc does and that's why he let guys like jamal crawford and montrez harrell run around like idiots on defense and completely ignore how bad they were for the team. i just don't see any other way to explain it because when you look at his logic for not playing rookies, it's that they're always lost on defense.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#25 » by TheNewEra » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:35 pm

nickhx2 wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
nickhx2 wrote:i'd just go with

spo is a superior coach

agreed

I love Erik Spo and have loved him for a long time. Always underrated coach. I don't care if its part bubble effect, part coaching, look how he's able to get the most out of his players. Boston is a more talented team than miami heat. Boston has 4-5 guys that can get their own shot. Guys that can create for others, and sound defensively. On paper, they're better than the heat.

Yet the Heat is up 3-1. Nick nurse took this boston roster to seven games. He's a good coach. Here erik spoelstra is possibly going to end these guys in 5 games. He makes the adjustments when they need to be made. He doesn't care about feelings. When its time to trust his guys, he does. When its time to yank, he yanks. He has a fine balance of letting the rope go and reeling it in.

And guess what?! Miami heat players don't take it personal! It's about winning. They don't care. That's the culture they built. People defending the trezz move as doc believing in his guy or didn't want trezz to lose confidence need to stop already.

one key part you mentioned was that he doesn't care about feelings.

i think doc does and that's why he let guys like jamal crawford and montrez harrell run around like idiots on defense and completely ignore how bad they were for the team. i just don't see any other way to explain it because when you look at his logic for not playing rookies, it's that they're always lost on defense.

I think he cares he just makes sure to establish accountability no matter who you are and it builds trust. Spo let’s his guys buy in and in turn they trust him when it’s needed to sacrifice

Return to Los Angeles Clippers