ImageImageImageImageImage

Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it

Moderators: TrueLAfan, QRich3, og15

esqtvd
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,402

Re: Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it 

Post#81 » by esqtvd » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:20 am

There was some justification for yanking him as Trezz was minus-5 despite his 26 points on 10-17 shooting with 9 rebs and 2 blocks. Then again, Kuzma was minus-10 and Matthews was minus-11. James Worthy thought it was a wtf.

I don't see much to gloat about here. The Lakers lost. And Trezz was no turncoat: The Clippers kicked him to the curb and gave the big money to Kennard. I don't see much to gloat about there either. :dontknow:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 14,203

Post#82 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:58 pm

esqtvd wrote:And Trezz was no turncoat: The Clippers kicked him to the curb

Of course, you're glossing over the facts that Trez went back to Klutch before the season, spent the season leaking all sorts of drama-filled stories to the media, almost single-handedly ruined the playoffs, tried to blame it all on PG, and then took less money to sign with our biggest rival in order to spite the Clippers. I'm not sure what else you needed to see before you'd stop defending him.
esqtvd
Lead Assistant

Post#83 » by esqtvd » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:55 pm

Unresponsive. The Clippers never made Trezz an offer. For chemistry reasons I agreed with that decision, but his criticisms were true. Now Kawhi and PG are longer going off to their own private dressing room or showing up late and are acting the part of team leaders. And last night notwithstanding, I believe the Lakers are glad to have Trezz--his numbers are very comparable to Kuzma's. That's not to say they won't chase Boogie for the minimum to see what he has left, but there is no reason to gloat about any of this.

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/traditional/?sort=PTS&dir=-1&Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612747

LATE ADD:

Read on Twitter
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 7,478

Post#84 » by TheNewEra » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:57 pm

esqtvd wrote:Unresponsive. The Clippers never made Trezz an offer. For chemistry reasons I agreed with that decision, but his criticisms were true. Now Kawhi and PG are longer going off to their own private dressing room or showing up late and are acting the part of team leaders. And last night notwithstanding, I believe the Lakers are glad to have Trezz--his numbers are very comparable to Kuzma's. That's not to say they won't chase Boogie for the minimum to see what he has left, but there is no reason to gloat about any of this.

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/traditional/?sort=PTS&dir=-1&Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612747

LATE ADD:

Read on Twitter

They are in a interesting situation because based on social media and reports they need another big cover for Trez. Another AD 4 type so I couldn’t see how Cousins or even Dwight could of helped them
Max Headrom
Rookie
And1: 1,201

Post#85 » by Max Headrom » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:56 pm

I've noticed Jovan doesn't get any real engagement from Laker fans. He's learning they're mostly bandwagon fans...lol
ejftw
Assistant Coach
And1: 669

Post#86 » by ejftw » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:51 pm

I'd say a guy who intentionally destroys chemistry, plays like crap and keeps getting playing time because the head coach was an imbecile and then signs with the team he helped is a turncoat...or like Clint Parks calls him, Oceans XI.

Also, Kennard has nothing to do with Trez. They gave the Trez money to Ibaka, who has been a phenomenal upgrade and doesn't complain. I mean, even the Lakers have realized it, which is why despite having two other bigs, they are scrambling to find a competent backup C like Whiteside.
Smitty is a Twitter snowflake
esqtvd
Lead Assistant

Post#87 » by esqtvd » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:40 am

Max Headrom wrote:I've noticed Jovan doesn't get any real engagement from Laker fans. He's learning they're mostly bandwagon fans...lol

After the shi*tstorm he started in Clipperdom I doubt anybody's giving him any scoops. Not even Dudley. :lol:

Return to Los Angeles Clippers