ImageImageImageImageImage

Transaction Discussion Part 4 (Trades, Free-Agency, News, Rumors & Ideas)

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,520

Re: Transaction Discussion Part 4 (Trades, Free-Agency, News, Rumors & Ideas) Offseason Version! 

Post#101 » by TrueLAfan » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:41 pm

KL2 wrote:Big no from me. Not gutting the team for him please.

Read on Twitter

Good news: We wouldn't really have to gut the team for him. We could trade Marcus and Luke. That wouldn't gut us.
Bad news: We'd end up with Kyrie Irving, who I want nothing to do with.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 4,366

Re: Transaction Discussion Part 4 (Trades, Free-Agency, News, Rumors & Ideas) Offseason Version! 

Post#102 » by ejftw » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:50 pm

I'd take Kyrie only on the TMLE tbh.

Rather bring back Teodosic
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,414

Post#103 » by nickhx2 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:20 pm

i think you'd have to be braindead to want kyrie on this team. just look at all the problems he's caused at every stop of his career.

this team itself has the foundations to succeed deep into the playoffs and it really doesn't need much more than a move away from morris, and perhaps some further tinkering.
KL2
Analyst
And1: 2,014

Post#104 » by KL2 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:31 pm

Read on Twitter
?cxt=HHwWgICjheP9sdsqAAAA

TrueLAfan wrote:Good news: We wouldn't really have to gut the team for him. We could trade Marcus and Luke. That wouldn't gut us.
Bad news: We'd end up with Kyrie Irving, who I want nothing to do with.

This is why I used the gut comment.

Read on Twitter
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 30,578

Post#105 » by og15 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:00 pm

Kyrie, wow, so much talent, but, yea, the reliability is pretty low.

Pacers are supposedly shopping Brogdon and Turner though, so that's also out there. Turner would be nice. Brogdon theoretically, but his injury history is too much.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,673

Post#106 » by Roscoe Sheed » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:09 pm

nickhx2 wrote:i think you'd have to be braindead to want kyrie on this team. just look at all the problems he's caused at every stop of his career.

this team itself has the foundations to succeed deep into the playoffs and it really doesn't need much more than a move away from morris, and perhaps some further tinkering.

He is enormously talented, but almost guaranteed to create chemistry problems.

As you mentioned, the weaknesses can be addressed in other ways. Hopefully they can trade Morris for a good point guard and/or big man.
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#107 » by nickhx2 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:12 pm

yeah

i mean i know we swindled portland, i just don't see how we'd be able to swindle the pacers for turner so soon after, and when he's going to be very highly coveted
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,520

Post#108 » by TrueLAfan » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:58 pm

One thing that's really cool is that people are acknowledging the Clippers have both assets and some young players in their core. Said it before; will say it again. I knew we'd figure out some sort of path with the traded picks and lack of youth three years ago. Now we're here--with assets, including a handful of tradeable players 26 or under. Big score for us.

Now that this is acknowledged--f___ Kyrie Irving. If we're going to trade, get someone we need. John Collins, anyone? Myles Turner? We aren't going to be *swindling* anybody. You trade Mook and Mann, you're trading two NBA starters, one of which is 26. We've got assets. Just have to get the right piece for a couple of them.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,433

Post#109 » by Clemenza » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:13 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
nickhx2 wrote:i think you'd have to be braindead to want kyrie on this team. just look at all the problems he's caused at every stop of his career.

As you mentioned, the weaknesses can be addressed in other ways. Hopefully they can trade Morris for a good point guard and/or big man.

He's not a wing which we have in abundance. He's a guard, an all star guard at that when he's healthy and his head is screwed on correctly. If its a package like Morris, Kennard, and Reggie or Powell -I say go for it. When Kyrie is on his game its scary hours for the competition. Add in a healthy Kawhi, PG, and we keep our youth :o
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 4,366

Post#110 » by ejftw » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:15 pm

Honestly, Myles just isn't realistic to me, but then again, neither was Norm and RoCo, so I could be way off base...but if all it takes to get Kyrie is Morris and Luke, it might be worth taking a look at, especially if Kyrie does actually buy in.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,673

Post#111 » by Roscoe Sheed » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:22 pm

Clemenza wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:

He's not a wing which we have in abundance. He's a guard, an all star guard at that when he's healthy and his head is screwed on correctly. If its a package like Morris, Kennard, and Reggie or Powell -I say go for it. When Kyrie is on his game its scary hours for the competition. Add in a healthy Kawhi, PG, and we keep our youth :o
he would fit position wise, I’m just concerned about his attitude- would he act all self important and superior?
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#112 » by nickhx2 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:25 pm

TrueLAfan wrote:One thing that's really cool is that people are acknowledging the Clippers have both assets and some young players in their core. Said it before; will say it again. I knew we'd figure out some sort of path with the traded picks and lack of youth three years ago. Now we're here--with assets, including a handful of tradeable players 26 or under. Big score for us.

Now that this is acknowledged--f___ Kyrie Irving. If we're going to trade, get someone we need. John Collins, anyone? Myles Turner? We aren't going to be *swindling* anybody. You trade Mook and Mann, you're trading two NBA starters, one of which is 26. We've got assets. Just have to get the right piece for a couple of them.

i'm of the mind that i think teams will be overpaying for myles turner, and while we certainly have some viable assets, i'm not sure they'll outrank what other teams might be willing to provide.

that said i mean if the pacers are looking at boston like a really nice rebuilding piece along with mann, and whatever they think they can do with morris, etc. then i'll take that any day
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#113 » by nickhx2 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:31 pm

honestly i just have to laugh at these ideas that "well if kyrie just behaves then it would all work out!!!"

like come on, did you guys not see what happened last year? in years past? the guy's a lunatic who chooses self over team every single time.

how about this: if kyrie gets a brain transplant or a lobotomy then yeah sure, why not? let's trade for him. because otherwise you're going to get a circus show who's a proven detriment to the team because of his lack of reliability and the way he'll inject uncertainty and insanity into team dynamics.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,427

Post#114 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:52 pm

Hell no to Kyrie under any circumstances. I wouldn't even want that narcissist on the veteran's minimum. Let some desperate team like the Knicks deal with his foolishness.

If we're going to add Kyrie, we might as well just skip the drama and blow the team up instead, because that will be the inevitable result of Kyrie anyway.
Bobbymcgee
Starter
And1: 2,387

Post#115 » by Bobbymcgee » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:45 pm

Acquiring Kyrie would definitely be a bold move and he is an intriguing player. We know he is capable of contributing on a championship team (Cavs) but also becoming a distraction (Celtics and Nets).

A few other players I like are Chris Boucher of the Raptors who is a UFA and PJ Tucker who just opted out of the last year of his deal in Miami and is also now a UFA. Not sure if the Clippers have the ability to acquire either without some type of trade though.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 4,149

Post#116 » by esqtvd » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:05 am

I think it would make us better and I'm not afraid of the chemistry. But I'm just not feeling it. This crew feels like the Clippers; to finally win it with Kyrie would feel like a Rent-a-Superteam and kinda hollow. :dontknow:

_______

ADD: like this #Clipper4Life

Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,433

Post#117 » by Clemenza » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:28 am

Here's to a great upcoming season for a healthy Kawhi and PG.. With that being said god forbid if something were to happen to one or both of them again. If so ya'll really down to watch the Reggie and Morris Show-scrappy Clippers for a second year in a row? "Oooh look Ty Lue should be coach of the year because the team is so scrappy and fighting for the play in tournament"- screw that sh*t. Lets Win! If Kyrie can be had for Morris, Kennard, and Reggie or Powell we should pull the trigger. Kyrie's real screw up was with the Celtics. NYC was at fault with the vax thing. Once they found out one-third of the oh so precious Yankees were not vaxed, Aaron Judge included, the mandate was instantly lifted. That city simply doesn't give a sh*t about the Nets. Plus that team is poorly ran despite landing Kevin Durant. Steve Nash as head coach? Acquiring Harden trade and the Harden trade to Philly??

Lets kick some azz this season for once! Ya'll just love being miserable. We deserve nice things once in a while. God forbid if something happens to one of our stars but if so I don't want to hear no b*tching when we can only put up 30 points in a half like last season.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,427

Post#118 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:47 pm

Kyrie was absolutely at fault for his role in the Nets' collapse. Year one: he threw all his teammates under the bus to the media while he was out injured, basically announcing to the world that they weren't good enough for his lofty standards. Year two: he abandoned his teammates to go on a bizarre "sabbatical" where he went out partying, appeared on Zoom calls with political groups, etc. while everyone else was earning their paychecks. Year three: he left his team up to the whims of local politicians by refusing to get vaccinated. Literally every single year in Brooklyn, he's brought unneccessary drama to the locker room and alienated his teammates. Just like he did in Boston, just like he did in Cleveland.

Kyrie is one of the biggest locker-room cancers in sports history, and as an individual player, he's nowhere near good enough or reliable enough to justify putting up with his BS even in the short term. Maybe if the NBA awarded points for flashy AND1 dribble moves instead of made baskets, he'd be worth it... maybe.

And for the record, the Nets hired Nash because Kyrie (and KD) wanted a puppet, not a coach.

I'm all for moving on from the Reggie and Morris show. But the Clippers need to be smart about it. "We can fix him" is not a valid argument to gut our team for Kyrie when the Celtics and Nets thought the same thing and got burned.
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 800

Post#119 » by donemilio21 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:21 pm

considering Kawhi and PG have only played less than 60% of the games in the past 3 years, trading 3 or 4 rotation players for Kyrie, who has played less than 50% of the games in the past 3 years, does not really make sense.
KL2
Analyst
And1: 2,014

Post#120 » by KL2 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:29 pm

Expected but hopefully the new deal is done quickly.

Read on Twitter

Return to Los Angeles Clippers