ImageImageImageImageImage

Going Forward to Next Season(2021 Nba Draft #25)

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,775

Re: Going Forward to Next Season(2021 Nba Draft #25) 

Post#441 » by KL2 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:39 pm

Read on Twitter

Schedule of who talks and when. I’m sure Serge will take most the questions but I’m stunned Leonard is part of the interview stuff.

Read on Twitter
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,431

Post#442 » by TheNewEra » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:03 pm

Surprised the other rooks didn’t talk today or Winslow
KL2
Analyst

Post#443 » by KL2 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:24 pm

The other guys probably speak tomorrow or the next. I don’t remember the interviews taking this long before. Probably over the time limit and have the pictures/videos to get done.

Leonard was probably the most open I’ve heard him be. He’s definitely trying to get back this year. Whether it happens or not is another thing but encouraging stuff from him.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,964

Post#444 » by esqtvd » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:32 am

wow

Read on Twitter
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#445 » by esqtvd » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:36 am

PG is a new man since the Pandemic P disaster
got married, tightened up his game and has become a real leader

all props

Read on Twitter
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#446 » by esqtvd » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:06 am

I really do think that how PG stepped up last year--first in the regular season and especially after Kawhi went down in the playoffs--after their humiliation in the Disney Bubble [during AND after with the alibis]--sealed the deal for Kawhi truly committing to the Clippers for the next 4 years, the rest of his athletic prime.

Ty proving himself as coach and Ballmer as the richest and most committed owner didn't hurt either. And though it was nice how the kids stepped up, there's really nobody on this roster [young or old] who I'd be surprised isn't here this time next year.

Kawhi Leonard is an amazing man. In the end he always seems to be fair to himself first--and there's nothing wrong with that. I thought he was unfair to the Clipper org this offseason, hanging them up with re-signing, but once he made his decision he's been 100% across the board with his teammates, the org and now us fans.

This org sold Blake Griffin on 'Clipper For Life" with pictures of Dr. Martin Luther King then traded his ass to NBA Siberia in Detroit before the year was up. This is a business. Kawhi did not re-sign with Ballmer. Or "the Clippers" whatever that means. Kawhi re-signed with PG.

So I'm REALLY positive about today's presser, even if Kawhi doesn't make it back for the playoffs. Kawhi's original 2-year deal was always a show-me toe in the water. I think it was PG that Kawhi was waiting on, not the Clippers per se. He was not going to commit the rest of his NBA prime to Pandemic P. But PG got his shi*t together and now Kawhi is all-in too, Butch and Sundance.

So I'm all-in too.
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,439

Post#447 » by TrueLAfan » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:24 pm

esqtvd wrote:I really do think that how PG stepped up last year--first in the regular season and especially after Kawhi went down in the playoffs--after their humiliation in the Disney Bubble [during AND after with the alibis]--sealed the deal for Kawhi truly committing to the Clippers for the next 4 years, the rest of his athletic prime.

Ty proving himself as coach and Ballmer as the richest and most committed owner didn't hurt either. And though it was nice how the kids stepped up, there's really nobody on this roster [young or old] who I'd be surprised isn't here this time next year.

Kawhi Leonard is an amazing man. In the end he always seems to be fair to himself first--and there's nothing wrong with that. I thought he was unfair to the Clipper org this offseason, hanging them up with re-signing, but once he made his decision he's been 100% across the board with his teammates, the org and now us fans.

This org sold Blake Griffin on 'Clipper For Life" with pictures of Dr. Martin Luther King then traded his ass to NBA Siberia in Detroit before the year was up. This is a business. Kawhi did not re-sign with Ballmer. Or "the Clippers" whatever that means. Kawhi re-signed with PG.

So I'm REALLY positive about today's presser, even if Kawhi doesn't make it back for the playoffs. Kawhi's original 2-year deal was always a show-me toe in the water. I think it was PG that Kawhi was waiting on, not the Clippers per se. He was not going to commit the rest of his NBA prime to Pandemic P. But PG got his shi*t together and now Kawhi is all-in too, Butch and Sundance.

So I'm all-in too.

interesting analysis--which I mostly agree with. 8-) Teams are quick to talk about “loyalty” and “team unity” when things are good. When a mistake is made or someone gets hurt or the team play deteriorates—those go out the window. Tbh, it cuts a little bit both ways; players who don’t maintain a level of play for some reason—sometimes because of their own issues—are quick to jump on the “loyalty” train when they’re put on the chopping/trading block.

I think Kawhi gets it. He recognizes the value of the owner and the synergy issues that help teams. But he isn’t buying into the hyperbole. He makes business decisions, then commits himself fully to the aspect that he has direct control over; his play and interaction with teammates. I agree about the way he talked/sounded—he’s more clear about his intentions and play then I’ve ever seen him.

PG is a heart-on-his-sleeve guy. In a way, I think the 2020 debacle was good for him—showed him the realities of fan support, the mental focus needed to overcome issues, and how his role impacted others on the team. In other words, he got better at the areas Kawhi already has figured out for himself. PG isn’t like that, but has his own plan and has grown into it. He’s not a perfect Alpha player, but a guy who puts up 23.3/6/6/5.2 in only 33 mpg with very good D on 47/41/87 shooting numbers, and then ups his game in the playoffs when its needed is plenty good enough to lead a team into the postseason.

What’s really clear is that this year is going to depend equally on health and growth of young players. That makes me happy; that youth is a big plus. They’re moderately sized “ifs,” but if Mann continues his improvement and makes another step, and Luke plays more consistently and more like he did in the playoffs and Zu is able to make a small, incremental improvement, and any of the rooks plays capably enough to get a regular 10-15 mpg, we’re going to be a very good team. And that gets upped to “first round home court playoff team” if Serge can play 60 plus games, we don’t have major injuries, Winslow plays somewhat like he did pre-injury in 2018 and 2019, and Bledsoe is even 80-90% of what he was in Minny.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#448 » by esqtvd » Fri Oct 1, 2021 9:41 pm

Thank God!!

Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Key takeaway there is that they are going to start whistling these as offensive fouls, which should go a long way in discouraging shooters. And if the contact is marginal, as the NBA explains, then the refs are going to be instructed to hold the whistle entirely and not call anything.
KL2
Analyst

Post#449 » by KL2 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:48 pm

Wasn’t sure where to stick this or if it was new thread worthy.

Happy to see Giles on the team. He played well. Maybe room on the team next year.

Read on Twitter
clipsfever
Junior
And1: 155

Post#450 » by clipsfever » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:44 pm

Nice to keep Giles in the organization.

Still am a touch puzzled they haven't filed for an injury exemption on Preston, maybe he's not that wrecked?... but also don't trust Morris or Ibaka's health (and also can't help but notice that Morris + Ibaka's salaries put us in range of some big trade targets).

Maybe Giles has accepted being "parked" at Ontario pending a roster spot?
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#451 » by esqtvd » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:48 pm

clipsfever wrote:Nice to keep Giles in the organization.

Still am a touch puzzled they haven't filed for an injury exemption on Preston, maybe he's not that wrecked?... but also don't trust Morris or Ibaka's health (and also can't help but notice that Morris + Ibaka's salaries put us in range of some big trade targets).

Maybe Giles has accepted being "parked" at Ontario pending a roster spot?

Maybe Ibaka for a contract somebody wants to dump. But the 2 1/2 years left on Morris make him an albatross himself.

As for Giles, if you have to play G-League, Southern California is pretty ace. Beats the hell out of North Dakota. Or Stockton. :lol:

Return to Los Angeles Clippers