Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Post-Game 

Post#61 » by Ranma » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:08 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,976

Re: Talk About Rare Occasion 

Post#62 » by esqtvd » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:09 am

TheNewEra wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:

His defense is just putrid tonight. Already gave up two fouls on three point plays and like the Blazers game and Mavs he’s overplaying his assignment and the team either collapses to help or wide open lay up like the last play. This man really is g league

Have no idea how you would prove your attack on Avery's D. "Eye Test," I guess.

Meanwhile Avery finally heroes up on offense [6-10, 3-4, 15 pts, Harris and Gallo are 5-20] and it escapes mention.

Dunno how to respond. It's not that I love Avery--I think his option for next year should be declined--but I don't see why every thread on this board should be devoted to d-bagging him.

Especially when he's having a good game so far. At last. How Avery Bradley is the whipping boy for this...?

The narrative. :-(

Because Mitchell is kicking our ass and that’s his assignment. Mitchell is cooling down a bit but all those early fouls and easy buckets got his confidence up and the team looks deflated.

All the starters were really bad but just for kicks I’ll give Bradley his due he hit some shots tonight. It meant nothing and we probably wasted a good scoring game for another two weeks of bad ones but he gets props for hitting shots

Well, thanks for admiting something nice about Bradley. But just because Avery finally has a plus offensive game doesn't mean I'm denying his total offensive suckitude this season. Our disagreement hasn't been about the facts, only what facts are important and what are secondary.

As for the guards, Avery had a decent offensive game, 6-10, 15 points. Shai did well, 4-8, but that resulted in only 8 points and he had FOUR TURNOVERS.

In 25 minutes, Pat Bev was 0-3, for zero points. [3 rebs, 3 assists, 2 steals, one TO, plus+2--not to blame him.]

Ty was 2-for-7, and minus-8.

What happened was that Tobias was 6-14 and Gallo was 3-14. 9-28. These are our "stars."

End of story.

[Only Lou's 11-18 for 23-6-6 kept us in it at all. Props to the 6MOY once again.]
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Ranma
RealGM

More Post-Game Stuff 

Post#63 » by Ranma » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:17 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

Doc Scapegoating SGA While Turning Blind Eye to AB 

Post#64 » by Ranma » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:20 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,312

Re: Game 44: Utah Jazz (24-21) @ Los Angeles Clippers (24-19) - 7:30 PM PT 

Post#65 » by Dynamix » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:55 am

More Bev-Avery is the worst possible answer for our problems. I thought we had moved past that insanity, but it's all good, I'm sure everything will be figured out in 10 games or so, when we're out of the playoff picture. My dream is to see some consistent Shai-Milos action this season. Let the rook focus on defense, play off the ball every other possession, and learn from a pro. Also, for the love of Trez, please give more minutes to Motley. And I hear we drafted another rookie that can shoot the ball a bit, perhaps he could see the floor once in a while. Thanks for reading, Doc!
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 792

Post#66 » by donemilio21 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:54 am

it's not just Bradley. As a team our defense has been horrible. We can't defend the pick and roll or protect the paint at all.
I admit that I don't watch every team, but I can't think of a team in the league with a worse defense in January than us so far, except maybe for Hawks and Knicks.
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 792

Post#67 » by donemilio21 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:00 am

Max Headrom wrote:Man, some of ya'll must really enjoy when the Clippers are losing. It's the only time there's a lot of talk in game threads. Not nearly as much when the Clippers are winning. Some of you are just pathetic "fans" man...

there is not much to talk about when your team plays within the range that you expect them to. Win or Lose. There is more to talk about and discuss when you play extremely well and win, or extremely bad and lose.
Everybody wants to see the team do well, but most of us can't hide our frustrations with the bad basketball we are playing right now.
esqtvd
RealGM

Re: Big Negatives 

Post#68 » by esqtvd » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:26 am

Ranma wrote:With 7:38 left to play in the game, Harris has a game-worst -27 plus/minus rating while Gallinari and Bradley are tied for second-worst with -21 each. Gallo & Tobias have both struggled offensively but Avery has actually shot well and still can't avoid being a big-time net-negative player.

Mr. Blue Ink still plus/minus math-challenged. Can't wait to poison the game thread to serve his anti-Doc, anti-Avery agenda.

Was anybody cheering for us to win? Or only watching to say 'I told you so'?

When I bet in Vegas, I never bet against my own team. WTF is going on around here? People only happy when we lose?
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,170

Post#69 » by Galloisdaman » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:58 am

Off game by Gallo.
Opposing Center domination continues.
Team defense has been alarming for months.
No rebounds no rings.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#70 » by Galloisdaman » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:02 pm

I 100% want to win. I never quit or tank. With that said the team isn't winning so its natural to ge uopset and criticize the results.

esqtvd wrote:
Ranma wrote:With 7:38 left to play in the game, Harris has a game-worst -27 plus/minus rating while Gallinari and Bradley are tied for second-worst with -21 each. Gallo & Tobias have both struggled offensively but Avery has actually shot well and still can't avoid being a big-time net-negative player.

Mr. Blue Ink still plus/minus math-challenged. Can't wait to poison the game thread to serve his anti-Doc, anti-Avery agenda.

When I bet in Vegas, I never bet against my own team. WTF is going on around here? People only happy when we lose?
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,431

Post#71 » by TheNewEra » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:31 pm

esqtvd wrote:

It’s not fun to watch when as fans we see the problem and the coach is doing nothing to fix it. The way Doc is handling the Bradley situation at the same time as the Wallace and Gilgeous-Alexander is just sad. Then you take into account it doesn’t seem like anyone is getting on Harris to be more aggressive and impactful outside of just shooting.

The starters aren’t playing hard and Doc Rivers has yet to do anything about the length issues with the bench. The bench that has Mike Scott struggling and two guys over 6’9 sitting on the bench to help our rebounding issues.

Docs sitting on his hands again and his post game comments yet again make it seem like he won’t do anything.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#72 » by esqtvd » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:36 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:I 100% want to win. I never quit or tank. With that said the team isn't winning so its natural to ge uopset and criticize the results.

Avery Bradley loses us another one?

Did you see the game?

These people are out of control. They can't wait to pounce. Was anybody cheering for us to win? Or only watching to say 'I told you so'?

WTF.

esqtvd wrote:

TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,431

Re: Doc Scapegoating SGA While Turning Blind Eye to AB 

Post#73 » by TheNewEra » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:40 pm

Ranma wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Thank you
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#74 » by esqtvd » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:44 pm

TheNewEra wrote:It’s not fun to watch when as fans we see the problem and the coach is doing nothing to fix it. The way Doc is handling the Bradley situation at the same time as the Wallace and Gilgeous-Alexander is just sad. Then you take into account it doesn’t seem like anyone is getting on Harris to be more aggressive and impactful outside of just shooting.

The starters aren’t playing hard and Doc Rivers has yet to do anything about the length issues with the bench. The bench that has Mike Scott struggling and two guys over 6’9 sitting on the bench to help our rebounding issues.

Docs sitting on his hands again and his post game comments yet again make it seem like he won’t do anything.

Actually, if you had left the boring Bradley hate out of it [he had a good game], the rest would have more credibility.

And Doc knows what's what. If only because The Logo watches every minute of every game. You think Doc ignores Jerry West's advice???

Let's recalibrate.
RonMexico915
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#75 » by RonMexico915 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:44 pm

esqtvd wrote:
RonMexico915 wrote:Yeah, this team isn’t making the playoffs. Gonna get blown out on Friday, then play like crap on the road trip. Call me negative or whatever, but that’s what I believe.

Could be. And then we would keep our lottery-protected draft pick, which would make some people happy. But the question is: Are you cheering for a win or a loss?

I see no point to a game thread that is not rooting for a win.

I always hope the Clips get the W. Where did I say I wasn’t rooting for a win? Being realistic and saying they will lose, is a lot different than hoping they lose.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,323

Post#76 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:48 pm

Another loss courtesy of Doc and Avery. It's just comical that the conclusion Doc's drawn from these losses is that Avery needs to play MORE. When will Ballmer catch on to the fact that he's got the worst coach in the NBA?
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#77 » by esqtvd » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:54 pm

RonMexico915 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
RonMexico915 wrote:Yeah, this team isn’t making the playoffs. Gonna get blown out on Friday, then play like crap on the road trip. Call me negative or whatever, but that’s what I believe.

Could be. And then we would keep our lottery-protected draft pick, which would make some people happy. But the question is: Are you cheering for a win or a loss?

I see no point to a game thread that is not rooting for a win.

I always hope the Clips get the W. Where did I say I wasn’t rooting for a win? Being realistic and saying they will lose, is a lot different than hoping they lose.

I'm always "realistic" too. Been a Clips fan since they moved to LA. I always expect them to lose, esp with CP gone.

I keep it under my hat.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#78 » by esqtvd » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:59 pm

Read on Twitter

OK, thanks Justin

this one we sorta figured out on our own
there's a problem in the middle

got it
got it
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#79 » by Galloisdaman » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:32 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:I 100% want to win. I never quit or tank. With that said the team isn't winning so its natural to ge uopset and criticize the results.

Avery Bradley loses us another one?

Did you see the game?

These people are out of control. They can't wait to pounce. Was anybody cheering for us to win? Or only watching to say 'I told you so'?

WTF.

esqtvd wrote:

I never even mentioned Avery. The only player I mentioned in my post having a off game was Gallo. This loss was not on Avery but I do wonder if playing 3 starters who do not produce will eventually take a toll on Tobias and Gallo. I saw that last night was the 5th time they let a guy get 20 rebounds. I was shocked that it was only 5. It has felt closer to 15. Bottom line is what they are doing right now is not working. I think it is time to take a chance with some different (hopefully better) guys in the starting lineup.
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,293

Re: More Post-Game Stuff 

Post#80 » by playaloc916 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:41 pm

Ranma wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

In the back of my mind, I've been thinking about the impact of bringing in Kalamian from the Raptors. I don't believe he was highly touted for his defensive schemes, and I recall reading some posts early on when his move was announced, and it didn't seem like Raptors fans particularly cared that he was gone...
I do remember reading some articles about Harrell's defense improving, mainly his blocking, so maybe it helped with Harrell, but I wonder how it's impacted the team in general...

And we desperately need a rebounding big... Gortat is a step too slow, and Harrell is undersized, and it seems like Boban is mainly for matchup purposes, not as an every game solution. Time to send Lawrence Frank to the G-League and snag us an elite rebounder...

Return to Los Angeles Clippers