ImageImageImageImageImage

2017 Offseason Thread

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,322

Re: 2017 Offseason Thread 

Post#641 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:55 pm

It could just be a similar situation to Giannis, who's supposedly being kept out of the Euros by the Bucks with a "knee injury."
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#642 » by QRich3 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:18 am

Yeah it does seem like a BS injury, or at least one that wouldn't be serious enough to keep him out if he really wanted to play. Eurobasket has gotten increasingly irrelevant for NBA players in recent years, so it makes sense for him to focus in being in shape for his NBA debut season.

This should be a good thing for us.
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,631

Post#643 » by Alatan » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:39 pm

In Serbia it is believed that it is an excuse for him not to play and get ready for the NBA season. As much as it hurts the national team since he is the critical part of it, i'm ok with him skipping this Eurobasket if it means he will have a better NBA season.
EuropeanBball
Sophomore
And1: 77

Post#644 » by EuropeanBball » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:23 pm

Durant about Teodosić.
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Source: https://www.theringer.com/the-bill-simmons-podcast/2017/8/27/16207028/kevin-durant-bill-simmons-paul-george-chris-paul-jimmy-butler-bs-podcast
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Wade Possibility After Buy-Out 

Post#645 » by Ranma » Tue Sep 5, 2017 12:13 am

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#646 » by Neddy » Tue Sep 5, 2017 12:28 am

do we even want Wade? his athleticism is gone, and he never learned to expand his shooting range. he is right now nothing more than an injury prone 2 guard with the range of a power forward in today's game. unless he comes for the minimum, I am not sure if I want him on my team.
ehhhhh f it.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,975

Post#647 » by esqtvd » Tue Sep 5, 2017 6:05 am

Neddy wrote:do we even want Wade? his athleticism is gone, and he never learned to expand his shooting range. he is right now nothing more than an injury prone 2 guard with the range of a power forward in today's game. unless he comes for the minimum, I am not sure if I want him on my team.

Ace point, never learned to hit the 3

lifetime 29%
last year 31%

20th century boy
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,322

Post#648 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Sep 5, 2017 3:58 pm

I don't want Wade. He would officially be washed the minute we sign him, and Doc would still guarantee him minutes no matter how he plays because he's a vet.
JayClips92
Junior
And1: 147

Post#649 » by JayClips92 » Tue Sep 5, 2017 6:48 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:I don't want Wade. He would officially be washed the minute we sign him, and Doc would still guarantee him minutes no matter how he plays because he's a vet.

Would he take away minutes from Austin??
Wammy Giveaway
Veteran
And1: 1,134

Three: The Precursor 

Post#650 » by Wammy Giveaway » Tue Sep 5, 2017 11:35 pm

Doc Rivers thinks that by signing Wade, LeBron James will choose the Clippers instantly once he becomes a free agent. Doc lost his Brotherhood connection when Chris Paul demanded a trade to the Rockets.

Get a clue, Doc. Chris is never coming back. All you're doing is pushing him away until he's with the Golden State Warriors so that he could be guaranteed a championship. Clipper fans have accepted their fate and moved on. Why can't you?
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,609

Re: Three: The Precursor 

Post#651 » by og15 » Wed Sep 6, 2017 11:48 pm

Wammy Giveaway wrote:Doc Rivers thinks that by signing Wade, LeBron James will choose the Clippers instantly once he becomes a free agent. Doc lost his Brotherhood connection when Chris Paul demanded a trade to the Rockets.

Get a clue, Doc. Chris is never coming back. All you're doing is pushing him away until he's with the Golden State Warriors so that he could be guaranteed a championship. Clipper fans have accepted their fate and moved on. Why can't you?

Doc Rivers is only a coach now, did we already forget? Doc is not directing personnel moves anymore, so no news about player acquisitions has anything to do with any plans by Doc. Also, we should accurately represent the report which was Wade would consider the Clippers, not that the Clippers are looking to bring in Wade.

Don't care much for adding Wade, we're not a Wade addition away from being a contender, he's older now, and he's just taking away minutes from guys who won't be retiring in like 2 seasons.
illastrate
Starter
And1: 629

Post#652 » by illastrate » Thu Sep 7, 2017 6:59 pm

og15 wrote:
Wammy Giveaway wrote:Doc Rivers thinks that by signing Wade, LeBron James will choose the Clippers instantly once he becomes a free agent. Doc lost his Brotherhood connection when Chris Paul demanded a trade to the Rockets.

Doc Rivers is only a coach now, did we already forget? Doc is not directing personnel moves anymore, so no news about player acquisitions has anything to do with any plans by Doc. Also, we should accurately represent the report which was Wade would consider the Clippers, not that the Clippers are looking to bring in Wade.

Don't care much for adding Wade, we're not a Wade addition away from being a contender, he's older now, and he's just taking away minutes from guys who won't be retiring in like 2 seasons.

You forgot that this is Wammy we're talking about. :lol:
Wammy Giveaway
Veteran

Post#653 » by Wammy Giveaway » Thu Sep 7, 2017 7:07 pm

illastrate wrote:You forgot that this is Wammy we're talking about. :lol:

(Mods, let me have this one, okay? I'm officially pissed off.)
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,375

Post#654 » by nickhx2 » Thu Sep 7, 2017 7:10 pm

why are you so angry at doc rivers?
Wammy Giveaway
Veteran

Post#655 » by Wammy Giveaway » Thu Sep 7, 2017 7:32 pm

nickhx2 wrote:why are you so angry at doc rivers?

Actually, my anger is aimed at Illastrate. Every time I make a post, he calls me out as harmless, an easy target, a joke of ridicule. Quotes like "This is so and so we're talking about" with the lol imply my incompetence gravely. He thinks I'm an idiot, plain and simple.

All the people who hate me - you, Neddy, and Illastrate - would love it if they saw me banned.

Well, they're gonna get their wish. If nobody takes me seriously, save for a good few, then why should I be here? Maybe I should join the Warriors thread or some other place where they'll accept me, even for my conspiratorial intricacies. I don't care if I'm right or wrong. What I do care about is when people ridicule me.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,375

Post#656 » by nickhx2 » Thu Sep 7, 2017 7:53 pm

actually read what you wrote. you seem to be very angry at doc rivers. and you're bashing him for things he hasn't said or even been speculated to say or want, and he has no stake in FO moves anymore. so i want to know why you're so angry at him.
Akklaim1
Rookie
And1: 821

Post#657 » by Akklaim1 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:06 am

I don't know where else to post this. But a quick question for my fellow Kings and Clipper fans here. With no more deep playoff expectations, which means no pressure, which team LA team gives their fans a little bit more optimism? The Kings or the Clippers? Both teams are kinda in a similar situation, except the Kings have a new coach and the Clippers are still stuck with Doc.
Ranma
RealGM

Clippers with Better Outlook Than Kings 

Post#658 » by Ranma » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:35 am

I definitely think the Clippers have a more optimistic outlook. Lombardi's gaffe's has the team stuck in a treadmill state and I'm not a fan of Blake at all taking over the GM duties. Unless the Kings get a top-3 overall NHL draft pick, I don't see L.A.'s hockey club making much progress. The prospects in the system outside of maybe the latest first-rounder, Gabriel Vilardi, don't present much upside for excitement. Plus, the Kings are still tied to some albatross contracts with Brown and Gaborik's deals.

The Clippers, on the other hand, are considered a free-agent destination with Jerry West presumably leading the off-season efforts albeit as a consultant rather than as a regular everyday team employee. Even without a projected lottery pick for the foreseeable future, the Clippers have a likelier possibility of bringing about significant change before their anticipated move into a state-of-the-art arena of their very own in a few years.

The objects of the Clippers optimism are represented by the possible free-agency of LeBron James, Paul George, Russell Westbrook, and Klay Thompson in the coming years. While the Clippers don't have the same amount of abundant cap space as the Lakers, the contracts of Blake Griffin, Danilo Gallinari, and maybe even DeAnde Jordan's provide movable assets in sign-and-trade deals.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Akklaim1
Rookie
And1: 821

Post#659 » by Akklaim1 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:20 am

Thanks for the input. Yeah I'm more excited about the Clips as well. It also looks like Doughty wants out.
Ranma
RealGM

Doughty Wants to Win Cups in L.A. (But Open to Moving On) 

Post#660 » by Ranma » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:42 am

Akklaim1 wrote:It also looks like Doughty wants out.

Read on Twitter

Return to Los Angeles Clippers