ImageImageImageImageImage

Wayns Waived

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Bring on the Bigs 

Post#21 » by Ranma » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:09 am

TheNewEra wrote:Why can't this team look to take chances on young bigs though?

I'm far from against bringing in quality bigs but we're limited by Doc's own maneuverings over this past summer. Wasting roster spots and guaranteed contracts on the likes of Mullens and Jamison has hindered our flexibility when you consider that we are quite close to the hard cap. I'd be okay with signing someone like Ike Diogu to 10-day contracts after releasing Darius Morris.

I'm still against adding Bynum, but apparently Doc & Co. are interested so if they sign him, I'll keep an open mind. I'd rather wait for a buyout of Emeka Okafor, but that can't be counted on either. I guess we can bring in someone like Hilton Armstrong but quality big men are scarce at the moment. Plus, the CP3 injury further burdens our situation.

In essence, I'm not really interested in bringing in someone just for the sake of bringing in a big body. We have to be careful and selective given our particular cap and roster situation so as to avoid keeping us out of getting a better option down the road. Obviously, if a good opportunity presents itself, then by all means, jump on it.

Aside from possibly Bynum, what would you do or who would you consider in particular? Would you package Crawford in order to unload Mullens and Jamison's contract? I wouldn't.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Re: Bring on the Bigs 

Post#22 » by TheNewEra » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:01 pm

Ranma wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:Why can't this team look to take chances on young bigs though?

I'm far from against bringing in quality bigs but we're limited by Doc's own maneuverings over this past summer. Wasting roster spots and guaranteed contracts on the likes of Mullens and Jamison has hindered our flexibility when you consider that we are quite close to the hard cap. I'd be okay with signing someone like Ike Diogu to 10-day contracts after releasing Darius Morris.

I'm still against adding Bynum, but apparently Doc & Co. are interested so if they sign him, I'll keep an open mind. I'd rather wait for a buyout of Emeka Okafor, but that can't be counted on either. I guess we can bring in someone like Hilton Armstrong but quality big men are scarce at the moment. Plus, the CP3 injury further burdens our situation.

In essence, I'm not really interested in bringing in someone just for the sake of bringing in a big body. We have to be careful and selective given our particular cap and roster situation so as to avoid keeping us out of getting a better option down the road. Obviously, if a good opportunity presents itself, then by all means, jump on it.

Aside from possibly Bynum, what would you do or who would you consider in particular? Would you package Crawford in order to unload Mullens and Jamison's contract? I wouldn't.

We need bigs just to try them out hit the d league or free agents to see who floats we are getting nothing from bench bigs. PG backups is a concern but Boston ate the contract of Ryan Gomes for the Thunder think with a 2nd we could do the same for Mullens. The more roster space the better chance to add some kind of prospect that may show something.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers