Open to a name change?

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,968

Open to a name change? 

Post#1 » by Manhattan Project » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:54 pm

You figure when all this plays out and the Clippers are sold, would you be welcome to a name change? Get the stench of the Sterling run as the owner of the team gone forever? Or are you still holding onto your Darius Miles jersey hoping it never goes out of style?
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Re: Open to a name change? 

Post#2 » by East Bay Sports » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:56 pm

Seattle Supersonics would be cool :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Post#3 » by Forte IV » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:07 pm

East Bay leave. Just leave. The Clippers were the Clippers before DTS, and they should be after.
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
Angel strike1
Lead Assistant
And1: 641

Post#4 » by Angel strike1 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:11 pm

Let the trolls troll.
If the team shows up gs is done.

And ya name change is must. Hope it gets ride of clipper curse
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#5 » by mttwlsn16 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:11 pm

Dmiles swingman was my first jersey. It's got a couple stains over the years but I still rock it on occasion haha
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by East Bay Sports » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:14 pm

SuperNova854 wrote:East Bay leave. Just leave. The Clippers were the Clippers before DTS, and they should be after.

Chill out. Jeez. I am just a fan of the Sonics is all. Meant nothing of it other than if they were to change names that would be my preference. Chill. Just chill. Awesome games on tonight man, smoke a bowl and relax.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#7 » by Neddy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:18 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:
SuperNova854 wrote:East Bay leave. Just leave. The Clippers were the Clippers before DTS, and they should be after.

Chill out. Jeez. I am just a fan of the Sonics is all. Meant nothing of it other than if they were to change names that would be my preference. Chill. Just chill. Awesome games on tonight man, smoke a bowl and relax.

please get out while we are still being civil.

this is a family matter.

let the family heal our wounds. we don't need, or want, or care what you or any other outsiders have to say right now, especially when its not giving a sincere condolences for the event or congrats for the commish's decision. anything you say will be trolling right at this point. your every reply simply rips the wound even bigger.

get out.

please.
ehhhhh f it.
azncorruptedo17
Starter
And1: 222

Post#8 » by azncorruptedo17 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:19 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:Seattle Supersonics would be cool :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :crazy:
Clipper fan since '95!!
Angel strike1
Lead Assistant
And1: 641

Post#9 » by Angel strike1 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:23 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:

Move worries there. They moving anyways. And would be win-win for u
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by East Bay Sports » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:25 pm

Angel strike1 wrote:
East Bay Sports wrote:

Move worries there. They moving anyways. And would be win-win for u

Swell idea, but we already purchased our plot of land for the new arena in SF. Ideally the Kings would move there.
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 700

Post#11 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:26 pm

I'm honestly fine with the Clipper name. We are the Clippers because of the clipper ships of San Diego. When ever we get a new owner, it will be up to them to change the team name.

East Bay Sports please understand that this may be an emotional time for some Clipper fans. We've had a deep troubled history. I know Seattle has lost it's team, but no need to joke about us replacing an other team. I'm fine with you posting in the forum, just please keep it civil.
I've been an LA Clipper fan since 1998 and that will never change. I hate our new logo and jerseys!
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#12 » by NBAWestFan » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:42 pm

it all depends what city/state they are in.

I am for a Seattle Super sonics team over a Anaheim team
and I do not like the name Anaheim Royals.

I would be in favor of a move away from the Staples Center.

If they stay in LA well then there are many names

LA Tigers
LA Swish
LA Slam
LA Dunks
LA Crossover
LA Flash
LA Showtime
Kyle
Pro Prospect
And1: 58

Post#13 » by Kyle » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:57 pm

We rename the team LA Lobsters ? :P
adiedanny
Senior
And1: 5

Post#14 » by adiedanny » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:59 pm

Neddy wrote:
East Bay Sports wrote:

please get out while we are still being civil.

this is a family matter.

let the family heal our wounds. we don't need, or want, or care what you or any other outsiders have to say right now, especially when its not giving a sincere condolences for the event or congrats for the commish's decision. anything you say will be trolling right at this point. your every reply simply rips the wound even bigger.

get out.

please.

Awesome day my brother
gelek
Junior
And1: 15

Post#15 » by gelek » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:03 pm

Well technically before 1978 they were the Celtics. Heinsohn and the others got their deferred payment checks from the Clippers office ;)
adiedanny
Senior
And1: 5

Post#16 » by adiedanny » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:03 pm

I want it to remain Clippers!!! Clippernation is at its strongest point after being at its lowest point. 25 years of ups and downs but mostly downs have not been as depressing as the last few days regarding my team. I'm joyfully happy right now
Neddy
RealGM

Post#17 » by Neddy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:17 pm

adiedanny wrote:Awesome day my brother

yeah the reality and the gravity of Adam Silver's decision is finally sinking in. I thought when i first heard the tape while going to the dodger stadium for a short visit to LA, and thought to myself this could be it make that change, but as the story kept unfolding and what NBA has been over the years, I thought the chances of DTS and clips severing was little to none.

i have to say, all those years of going to the LA Sports Arena was now all worth it.

:beer:

here is to the new era of the Clippers. we already got the team, the coach, and finally, the new brand of ownership hopefully we all can be proud of... cheers.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#18 » by Neddy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:18 pm

adiedanny wrote:I want it to remain Clippers!!! Clippernation is at its strongest point after being at its lowest point. 25 years of ups and downs but mostly downs have not been as depressing as the last few days regarding my team. I'm joyfully happy right now

AMEN! for those who have persevered from DTS's reign of terror since its birth as "LA" Clippers, the name means now more than ever.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#19 » by Neddy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:22 pm

gelek wrote:

Well technically before 1978 they were the Celtics. Heinsohn and the others got their deferred payment checks from the Clippers office ;)

have a reading comprehension?

Supernova stated that we were the clippers BEFORE the Sterling's purchase of the team. he never said we were ALWAYS clippers.

we are the clipper fans. do you really think we don't know our history? my daughter can recite the entire path.

now, be gone.

today belongs to us, the clipper nation. nobody else should interrupt this historical day.
ehhhhh f it.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,956

Post#20 » by ejftw » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:41 pm

Valley Quakes has a nice ring

Return to Los Angeles Clippers