ImageImageImageImageImage

Steve Ballmer to Buy Clippers

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Angel strike1
Lead Assistant
And1: 641

Re: Steve Ballmer to Buy Clippers 

Post#141 » by Angel strike1 » Fri Jun 6, 2014 4:49 am

next bunch years lebron gives anyone best chance.

sure teams won around mj times. but team with mj won way more.

just knowing mtt16 would be rooting for lebron in clipper jersy is alone worth it.

the rings are just the icing. LOL
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#142 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Jun 6, 2014 5:00 am

Angel strike1 wrote:
just knowing mtt16 would be rooting for lebron in clipper jersy is alone worth it.

could have left the post at this.

it's 95% of the reason I want LeBron now.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#143 » by Neddy » Fri Jun 6, 2014 5:16 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
Angel strike1 wrote:

could have left the post at this.

it's 95% of the reason I want LeBron now.

LOL I second this...

or is it being third?
ehhhhh f it.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#144 » by mttwlsn16 » Fri Jun 6, 2014 1:08 pm

Screw you guys :lol:
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,747

Post#145 » by madmaxmedia » Fri Jun 6, 2014 5:22 pm

Neddy wrote:
SuperNova854 wrote:
Neddy wrote:
made trade for Pierce and Garnett before re-signing Deron and Brook to max, i believe.

correct me if I'm wrong on the chronological order here.

You are way wrong

please enlighten us. i wasn't sure if i was correct to begin with. what is the chronological order of the events?

Out of curiosity I looked it up-
July 2012 Joe Johnson comes in trade (2 years into a 6 year, $119M deal)
July 2012 Brook Lopez re-ups 4 year $61M
July 2012- Deron Williams re-ups 5 years $98.7M
July 2013- Garnett/Pierce trade. There was a bunch of players involved so the salaries matched (or were close enough) for the trade to go through.

The big reason the Nets are way over the cap is Joe Johnson, Brook Lopez, and Deron Williams.

The big problem for the Nets is they traded 3 first round picks in the Garnett/Pierce trade. They are also paying $20M each to 2 guys that really aren't worth it. Those 2 guys alone make it impossible for them to compete for a title, which is why they threw good money (and draft picks) after bad trading for Garnett and Pierce.

But the real big winner of the trade? Not the Celtics, but Keith Bogans, who got a huge raise in a sign-and-trade solely to make the salaries match!
http://www.shamsports.com/2013/07/its-o ... um=twitter
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#146 » by Neddy » Fri Jun 6, 2014 10:37 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:
Out of curiosity I looked it up-
July 2012 Joe Johnson comes in trade (2 years into a 6 year, $119M deal)
July 2012 Brook Lopez re-ups 4 year $61M
July 2012- Deron Williams re-ups 5 years $98.7M
July 2013- Garnett/Pierce trade. There was a bunch of players involved so the salaries matched (or were close enough) for the trade to go through.

The big reason the Nets are way over the cap is Joe Johnson, Brook Lopez, and Deron Williams.

The big problem for the Nets is they traded 3 first round picks in the Garnett/Pierce trade. They are also paying $20M each to 2 guys that really aren't worth it. Those 2 guys alone make it impossible for them to compete for a title, which is why they threw good money (and draft picks) after bad trading for Garnett and Pierce.

But the real big winner of the trade? Not the Celtics, but Keith Bogans, who got a huge raise in a sign-and-trade solely to make the salaries match!
http://www.shamsports.com/2013/07/its-o ... um=twitter

A HA!

thanks a bunch, now the mystery solved!
ehhhhh f it.
Angel strike1
Lead Assistant
And1: 641

Post#147 » by Angel strike1 » Sat Jun 7, 2014 4:26 am

lebron would know how to deal with the heat if he was in LA :)
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#148 » by mttwlsn16 » Sat Jun 7, 2014 3:07 pm

Angel strike1 wrote:lebron would know how to deal with the heat if he was in LA :)

I'd be embarrassed if he pulled that **** on our team
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#149 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Jun 7, 2014 3:44 pm

mttwlsn16 wrote:
Angel strike1 wrote:lebron would know how to deal with the heat if he was in LA :)

that's because you're a hater

2 of these and 6 more potential games left in the next finals wouldn't have you feeling embarrassed at all.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#150 » by mttwlsn16 » Sat Jun 7, 2014 3:49 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:

2 of these and 6 more potential games left in the next finals wouldn't have you feeling embarrassed at all.

Those would be great w clipper logos. No need for him to be carried the last 5 feet like Paul Pierce did. Just walk to the bench. And it would likely cost us Blake in a sign and trade to get him, so no thank you :)
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#151 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Jun 7, 2014 6:53 pm

he walked most of the way. wth!

u think he walked that far and said, "look y'all, lift me the last 5 feet cuz the cameras are on"
come on man...the hate is a bit ridiculous there.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#152 » by NBAfan3024 » Sat Jun 7, 2014 7:28 pm

mttwlsn16 wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:

Those would be great w clipper logos. No need for him to be carried the last 5 feet like Paul Pierce did. Just walk to the bench. And it would likely cost us Blake in a sign and trade to get him, so no thank you :)

You wouldn't trade Blake to get Lebron?
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#153 » by mttwlsn16 » Sat Jun 7, 2014 7:45 pm

NBAfan3024 wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:that's because you're a hater

**** no
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#154 » by mttwlsn16 » Sat Jun 7, 2014 7:47 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:he walked most of the way. wth!

u think he walked that far and said, "look y'all, lift me the last 5 feet cuz the cameras are on"
come on man...the hate is a bit ridiculous there.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit lol. He's a diva
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#155 » by NBAfan3024 » Sat Jun 7, 2014 7:48 pm

mttwlsn16 wrote:
NBAfan3024 wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:

**** no

I love Blake but when you have the chance to get the best player in the game you do it.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#156 » by mttwlsn16 » Sat Jun 7, 2014 8:10 pm

NBAfan3024 wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:
NBAfan3024 wrote:

**** no

I love Blake but when you have the chance to get the best player in the game you do it.

I also would never, now or 5-10 yrs ago, wanted kobe, Dwight, fisher, battier. There are a few guys in the league that just irk me. Can't help it lol
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#157 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Jun 7, 2014 8:12 pm

yea....MIGHT have to pull the trigger on that one.

wouldn't even ask RealGM for a name change either.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,409

Post#158 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Jun 7, 2014 9:00 pm

Only thing that would really scare me in a LeBron-Griffin trade is that Griffin is about 5 years younger than LeBron. LeBron realistically has about 3-4 more years left in his prime.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,956

Post#159 » by ejftw » Mon Jun 9, 2014 4:50 pm

Balmer is also interested in purchasing the Los Angeles Kings, Staples Center AND L.A. Arena Company?

The speculation surrounding Ballmer is that, according to our source, is in negotiations to purchase the Staples Center from AEG and the L.A. Arena Company (a subsidiary of AEG) for a price tag of about $1 billion. But our source tells us that AEG would only sell the Staples Center if the Kings were also part of the deal. That would push the deal to as high as $1.5 billion. AEG owner Philip Anschutz tried to sell AEG in its entirety two years ago, but could not find a buyer for the price tag of between $8 billion and $10 billion. So the notion that AEG might sell off its assets piecemeal makes some sense.

That would mean Ballmer overpaid for both the Clippers and Kings, but if they’re rolled into an ownership group that also owns the Staples Center, their value would certainly rise. One of the reasons the Kings don’t make any money, and in fact lose millions each season despite having a string of 119 sellouts as of Game 2 of the Stanley Cup final, is that despite the fact they’re owned by the same company that owns the Staples Center, it is a tenant in the building.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/could ... -of-kings/

I've never heard of The Hockey News, so can't state anything about credibility, but if this were true.... :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Ballmer Sports Conglomerate 

Post#160 » by Ranma » Mon Jun 9, 2014 6:02 pm

ejftw wrote:Balmer is also interested in purchasing the Los Angeles Kings, Staples Center AND L.A. Arena Company?

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/could ... -of-kings/

I've never heard of The Hockey News, so can't state anything about credibility, but if this were true.... :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

I can vouch for The Hockey News as a legit media outlet, although their quality in coverage has been diminishing over the years as talent has left for more prestigious gigs. This makes sense as Philip Anschutz has supposedly been trying to unload AEG and the Kings after fully realizing his vision of developing Downtown L.A. especially with the NFL not inclined to sign off on their Farmer's Field proposal.

As a Kings and Clippers fan, it'd be convenient to root for the same corporation that owns both teams given the cross-promotional opportunities and tying the team together with broadcast negotiations where both teams can be found on the same stations.

While some chicken littles may see it as another scheme to eventually get Seattle its pro basketball and hockey team in one fell swoop, I see it as tying the Clippers even more so to Los Angeles. The Dodgers and Kings have already partnered in cross-promotional activities and events. With Magic being part owner of the Dodgers albeit a minor and public one, they'd probably prefer to partner with the Lakers more but in the meantime that shouldn't be too much of a concern with the Clippers' continued success as the hot team during the Purple-and-Gold rebuild. Who knows? It may even get my favorite football team, the Rams, under the Ballmer umbrella but owner Stan Kroenke, from what I understand, is reluctant to partner with anyone to bring the team back to L.A. even if he seems to have designs on a return back to the City of Angels.

Plus, having an accomplished organization-builder in Kings GM Dean Lombardi a part of the same sports family can only help the Clippers if Doc and he were to compare notes.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip

Return to Los Angeles Clippers