Clippers getting a new logo next year?

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Hopeful Rumors 

Post#21 » by Ranma » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:19 pm

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
TucsonClip
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Re: Clippers getting a new logo next year? 

Post#22 » by TucsonClip » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:53 am

Would love to see more of the light blue with nautical theme. Pretty good looking options.

Plus, why would I want to go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros.

- Shane Battier
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#23 » by mkwest » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:27 pm

Now, this doesn’t necessarily mean that the Clippers are definitely going with the entire graphics package that was shown to me by Source One. But it probably means that they’re going with something pretty close to it. With that caveat in mind, here’s what Source One originally sent to me:

The logo tagged as “Secondary” is the one that Source Two says he’s seen. The captions are similar to what you’d find in a branding proposal from a design firm, and I suspect that’s where these were taken from. I expect some details will be different in the finished design. And just to be clear, I do not have any independent confirmation on any of these elements except for that one secondary logo. But if that logo is being used, it seems like a fair bet that the rest of the package, or something similar to it, is also in the works.

Update: Several people have pointed out to me that the black design (and maybe the red one too) looks more like an NBA Summer League uniform, and they’re right — it does. Should have thought of that. So these probably wouldn’t be regular season unis, but they still show the direction that the team may be taking.

Paul Lukas, Uni Watch
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#24 » by mkwest » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:41 pm

I've read on Twitter a few times in the last month or so that the new look was going to be pretty bad.

There's still a possibility that the official look will be different, but this is disappointing to me.
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Post#25 » by Forte IV » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:51 pm

If those are them oh my. They payed money for those?
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
MrHill
Freshman
And1: 60

Post#26 » by MrHill » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:05 pm

I'm not feeling those at all. I've never been a fan of the current primary logo (or the one before it), but I've been fond of the uniforms, because of the old-schoolish, traditional look. After seeing the new Cleveland Browns uniforms the other day, it seems like sports uniform design are getting progressively uglier each time. I just saw the Bucks unveiled their new logos the other day...actually looks pretty good. Just curious to see what their new unis will look like.
kylem4711
Sixth Man
And1: 518

Post#27 » by kylem4711 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:30 pm

i was a big clipper ship. do a big clipper ship!
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#28 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:24 pm

The logo is actually pretty nice. I'm assuming it's a secondary logo meant to replace the "LAC" one we have now. It kind of looks like something you'd see on an old-timey baseball cap.

Those uniforms on the other hand are a horror show. I'm hoping that they're either an extremely early rough draft that has been greatly refined or just a quick mockup of a possible application of the logo.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,693

Post#29 » by madmaxmedia » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:32 pm

That proposed design is horrible. It's practically enough for me to root for another team.

Speaking of new uniforms, the new Cleveland Browns uniforms are awesome. Could we have something half as cool as that? That alone would get us 5 more wins next year.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#30 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:41 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:That proposed design is horrible. It's practically enough for me to root for another team.

Speaking of new uniforms, the new Cleveland Browns uniforms are awesome. Could we have something half as cool as that? That alone would get us 5 more wins next year.

I want to like the Browns' new look, especially since the old ones were boring and outdated, but I absolutely hate those weird-looking numbers and the fact that the stitching on the jersey is a completely different color from the fabric. So it's more of a lateral move in my eyes. I do like the fact that they brought back orange pants like Brian Sipe wore, though.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#31 » by mttwlsn16 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:41 pm

Those are absolutely terrible. If that is the new design, whoever signed off on them should be fired immediately.
clip set
Junior
And1: 402

Post#32 » by clip set » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:57 pm

That mock up is so bad. It looks like a local youth league logo and uniform. I don't know why there's no indications of adding back some kind of nautical theme. Maybe they are summer league designs, but it doesn't feel like they're going the right direction regardless, especially after seeing what the Bucks are doing.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,140

Post#33 » by Froob » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:57 pm

You guys need to make a petition and bring it to the main board. Those are absolutely horrific, I don't want to see those. I can only imagine being a fan of the team. Clips should have change up their main logo to a ship or something and spiced up the court but their jerseys were great as they were. Adding black to them is like making tuna flavored chocolates.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Lindecision
Banned User
And1: 151

Post#34 » by Lindecision » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:08 pm

Distraction.
semjazy
Junior
And1: 169

Post#35 » by semjazy » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:16 pm

God damn, they are awful... These uniforms would make Clippers unwatchable to me...
LACtdom
Sixth Man
And1: 341

Post#36 » by LACtdom » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:37 pm

Because neither of these Jerseys are white, does that mean these uniforms are just 'away' uniforms and we would keep our current home jersey with the current logo print on it?
mike3
Sixth Man
And1: 120

Post#37 » by mike3 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:32 am

This is terrible and I have to ask whether this could be one of those things to get the publics feedback?

Not a fan of:
- the logo
- the jerseys
- us always getting new jerseys
Ranma
RealGM

From General Board 

Post#38 » by Ranma » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:09 am

funkatron101 wrote:Yeesh....

Here is a concept I came up with a while back.

LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

Another From General Board 

Post#39 » by Ranma » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:11 am

nashrambler13 wrote:Good gracious, Clippers. Come on now. Why do they refuse to use the actual name of their team in their logos?

^something like this plz
Ranma
RealGM

Lakers Envy 

Post#40 » by Ranma » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:19 am

I'm reluctant to admit it, but I'm actually jealous of the Lakers logo in the design below. If we could use that for the Clippers with maybe a silhouette of a clipper ship inside the ball or incorporate the speedlines, I'd much rather have that than the leaked version.

funkatron101 wrote:Not to derail, but here are some other logos that I toyed with.

This was inspired by an old clock that my parents had. A little 70s throwback

This one has obvious implications of Indy 500, and "pushing the pace."

Just a recolor and slight tweaks. Just because I am tired of so many teams having blue in their color scheme.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers