Around the NBA II

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1601 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:01 pm

His daughter was on board.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
MartinRiggs
Junior
And1: 136

Post#1602 » by MartinRiggs » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:09 am

Jermy Lamb got badly injured. :noway:

On Monday, the Pacers announced that Lamb tore his left ACL and lateral meniscus, and fractured his lateral femoral condyle. Lamb went down after a dunk attempt. He might be out for 20/21 season. :o
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#1603 » by QRich3 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:46 pm

That is crazy, how many times have we seen the ligament, meniscus and bone, all broken at the same time? Livingston? And he shot his free throws like a champ and walked it out by himself.

Too bad for him, he was blossoming into a really good player, this sucks.
MartinRiggs
Junior

Post#1604 » by MartinRiggs » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:58 am

And he got injured while going for contested fastbreak dunk. Maybe players should just let go in thoose situations. Klay also got injured like that.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#1605 » by NippySudz » Tue Mar 3, 2020 8:32 am

Read on Twitter

The toronto wall still works on giannis
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#1606 » by NippySudz » Sat Mar 7, 2020 12:28 pm

Lakers won and bron looks like playoff LeBron. I'm excited for the match up. Hopefully we win tomorrow game and later go on to face the Lakers in the WCF. This is career defining stuff for kawhi Leonard. If kawhi had to go through LeBron to be the first player to win fmvp for the different teams, idk where he'll be historically but it'll help his case.

How fitting would it be to go through the premier la team that has arguably top 2 player of all time to reach the finals for the first time in franchise history?

Tough challenge but I'm sure the team is up for it.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#1607 » by esqtvd » Sat Mar 7, 2020 11:19 pm

NippySudz wrote:Lakers won and bron looks like playoff LeBron. I'm excited for the match up. Hopefully we win tomorrow game and later go on to face the Lakers in the WCF. This is career defining stuff for kawhi Leonard. If kawhi had to go through LeBron to be the first player to win fmvp for the different teams, idk where he'll be historically but it'll help his case.

How fitting would it be to go through the premier la team that has arguably top 2 player of all time to reach the finals for the first time in franchise history?

FTR, I'm fine with somebody knocking off the Lakers for us. I ain't picky. :D
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#1608 » by NippySudz » Sun Mar 8, 2020 5:33 am

https://streamable.com/emeso

This is why I wanted Noah, he has quick hands, smart positioning, just a savy veteran. Zu cannot do this. Zu will foul in most of these cases. Zu plays hands straight up defense for everything.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#1609 » by NippySudz » Sun Mar 8, 2020 5:40 am

esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:Lakers won and bron looks like playoff LeBron. I'm excited for the match up. Hopefully we win tomorrow game and later go on to face the Lakers in the WCF. This is career defining stuff for kawhi Leonard. If kawhi had to go through LeBron to be the first player to win fmvp for the different teams, idk where he'll be historically but it'll help his case.

I rather go with the hardest road. Elevates greatness. I'm sure they don't care, but its a great narrative on both sides. Great for lebron if he can beat the clippers and go on to win the title and great for kawhi and the clippers if they go through the lakers and win the title. It sets up for an historic narrative
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#1610 » by esqtvd » Sun Mar 8, 2020 10:46 am

NippySudz wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

I rather go with the hardest road. Elevates greatness. I'm sure they don't care, but its a great narrative on both sides. Great for lebron if he can beat the clippers and go on to win the title and great for kawhi and the clippers if they go through the lakers and win the title. It sets up for an historic narrative

I'd be interested to see how you live your life. When I was younger I suppose I wanted to scale the highest mountain in one shot, as if no smaller mountain was worth the effort.

I have learned it's better to conquer a few smaller peaks before you attempt Everest. If we win the Larry without going through the Lakers I'm still very cool with that.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#1611 » by NippySudz » Sun Mar 8, 2020 10:55 am

esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

I'd be interested to see how you live your life. When I was younger I suppose I wanted to scale the highest mountain in one shot, as if no smaller mountain was worth the effort.

I have learned it's better to conquer a few smaller peaks before you attempt Everest. If we win the Larry without going through the Lakers I'm still very cool with that.

I get your point, but when you were younger, it wasn't about history books for you or you setting a precedent. That precendent has been set.

This is about building legacy. Historical narrative. If kawhi and the clippers have to go through Lebron, Jokic(or Harden/Westbrook) then face giannis and the bucks, and becomes the first player to win three fmvp for three different teams, this is huge. This is not just huge for his own legacy, but its huge for the clippers.

Kawhi's past two titles have been doubted by nay sayers. First one being a collective team win where the fmvp could have gone to 3 or 4 of their players. The second one even with a dominant playoff performance avg 30pts through the whole playoffs on ~50% shooting, its in doubt because of the injuries to golden state to the naysayers.

If he wins and everyones healthy, imo it cements him as the best player currently in the league when it matters and that will attract free agents for years to come. Just my opinion. It's not only big for him, its big for the organization.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#1612 » by esqtvd » Sun Mar 8, 2020 11:08 am

NippySudz wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:I rather go with the hardest road. Elevates greatness. I'm sure they don't care, but its a great narrative on both sides. Great for lebron if he can beat the clippers and go on to win the title and great for kawhi and the clippers if they go through the lakers and win the title. It sets up for an historic narrative

I get your point, but when you were younger, it wasn't about history books for you or you setting a precedent. That precendent has been set.

This is about building legacy. Historical narrative. If kawhi and the clippers have to go through Lebron, Jokic(or Harden/Westbrook) then face giannis and the bucks, and becomes the first player to win three fmvp for three different teams, this is huge. This is not just huge for his own legacy, but its huge for the clippers.

Kawhi's past two titles have been doubted by nay sayers. First one being a collective team win where the fmvp could have gone to 3 or 4 of their players. The second one even with a dominant playoff performance avg 30pts through the whole playoffs on ~50% shooting, its in doubt because of the injuries to golden state to the naysayers.

If he wins and everyones healthy, imo it cements him as the best player currently in the league when it matters and that will attract free agents for years to come. Just my opinion. It's not only big for him, its big for the organization.

Kawhi's past two titles have been doubted by nay sayers.

F*** naysayers. I doubt it bothers Kawhi of all people.

Winning the another Larry with a 3rd team will speak for itself. Plus he will have joined a historically crap franchise and led them to their first title. Their first conference finals, even, win or lose!!
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#1613 » by NippySudz » Sun Mar 8, 2020 11:26 am

esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Kawhi's past two titles have been doubted by nay sayers.

F*** naysayers. I doubt it bothers Kawhi of all people.

Winning the another Larry with a 3rd team will speak for itself. Plus he will have joined a historically crap franchise and led them to their first title. Their first conference finals, even, win or lose!!

Yeah, but my narrative is juicer and much more fulfilling :lol: 8-)
MartinRiggs
Junior

Post#1614 » by MartinRiggs » Sun Mar 8, 2020 7:22 pm

So Houston and Denver lost to bad teams. Thanks Cavaliers. :)
MartinRiggs
Junior

Post#1615 » by MartinRiggs » Mon Mar 9, 2020 6:04 am

Wow,what is going on in Houston? they started so well after the trade and now they are loosing to everybody. :lol:
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#1616 » by mttwlsn16 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:45 am

Boban had 31 and 17 tonight
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#1617 » by esqtvd » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:49 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:Boban had 31 and 17 tonight

fool's gold
Young Sterling
Sophomore
And1: 137

Post#1618 » by Young Sterling » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:49 pm

Recession time boyz.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#1619 » by NippySudz » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:18 am

blazers are now facing the lakers.

Lakers in 4. Maybe 5.

for multiple reasons. The trailblazers don't play defense. They've been playing these bubble games like playoff games, logging big mins. It's going to catch up to the sooner than later.
MartinRiggs
Junior

Post#1620 » by MartinRiggs » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:20 am

Ouch,Jazz destroyed Denver. :o

Return to Los Angeles Clippers