ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA II

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Akklaim1
Rookie
And1: 821

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1041 » by Akklaim1 » Sat Jun 9, 2018 5:03 am

Did we sell our souls to the Devil so that we could just beat the Warriors in 2014? 3 championships in the next 4 years by our rivals...what a heavy price.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,299

Post#1042 » by wco81 » Sat Jun 9, 2018 5:10 am

Warriors did well to take that series to 7 games because Bogut got injured right before the playoffs started and Lee wasn't available either.

Jordan feasted in that series because Warriors had no size inside.

But I was shocked at how well Draymond defended Griffin by game 7, because Griffin had abused the Warriors up to that point in his career.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,273

Post#1043 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Jun 9, 2018 5:35 am

wco81 wrote:MTV accusing others of trolling is something.

You keep saying stupid **** like they ruined the NbA, what do you expect?

NBA is fine. It's your whiny, salty ass who wouldn't know a good thing.

As for OKC, almost every player who leaves becomes much better and has a lot of individual and team success. Why is that?

How am I trolling? You don't see me going on the Warriors board and lecturing Warriors fans on their cheap rings. In fact, I've never even been on the Warriors board and couldn't care less about what they're saying on there.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Competitive Greatness in Stepping Up Against Juggernaut (UPDATED) 

Post#1044 » by Ranma » Sat Jun 9, 2018 6:18 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,644

Post#1045 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Jun 9, 2018 6:31 am

LeBron is GOAT to me.

IDC who disagrees. I loved when Ralph Lawler put that on his facebook a couple of weeks ago too. What he did this year was remarkable and the fact that he's even convinced some people that the Cavs should have been on the floor with this Warriors team speaks volumes to who he is as a player.

For his sake, I hope he stays in Cleveland and brings them another title (as long as the Clippers aren't contenders) but for my sake, I would love to bring him into the Clipper fold. He'd make us instant contenders, and I'd love to have him show our 2 lottery picks how to prepare as professionals and how to be winners as he closes out his career.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#1046 » by nickhx2 » Sat Jun 9, 2018 7:15 am

used to really dislike him after the decision. but i respect him more than anyone in the league and i think he is the best player ever.

i hope he finds an organization next season that will actually put a good team around him.
Ranma
RealGM

Comedy Gold 

Post#1047 » by Ranma » Sat Jun 9, 2018 8:33 am

Read on Twitter

LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Akklaim1
Rookie
And1: 821

Post#1048 » by Akklaim1 » Sat Jun 9, 2018 5:46 pm

Warrior fans? Laker fans? They all look the same to me.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,939

Re: Around the NBA Finals 

Post#1049 » by esqtvd » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:48 pm

I can hang with this take

and blame the league too
those block/charging calls shouldn't be reversed on replay
that really sucked
should stick to possession, 3 pt line, and maybe goaltending

Read on Twitter
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Ranma
RealGM

Another Coach I'd Rather Have Than Doc 

Post#1050 » by Ranma » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:44 am

Read on Twitter
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,224

Re: Another Coach I'd Rather Have Than Doc 

Post#1051 » by Max Headrom » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:37 am

Ranma wrote:
Read on Twitter

You hate Doc and says he doesn't give young guys a chance and then say you'd rather have Larry Brown??? That makes absolutely no sense since Larry is NOTORIOUS for not playing rookies and young players :banghead: :banghead:
Ranma
RealGM

Separating Fact from Fiction and Going Beyond a Single Facet 

Post#1052 » by Ranma » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:03 am

Max Headrom wrote:You hate Doc and says he doesn't give young guys a chance and then say you'd rather have Larry Brown??? That makes absolutely no sense since Larry is NOTORIOUS for not playing rookies and young players :banghead: :banghead:

The thing is Larry Brown is actually a great coach who's also known for teaching his players and getting the most out of his teams. He won a championship with the Detroit Pistons without a superstar player and had the Philadelphia 76ers make it to the Finals with a team that was practically single-handedly led by Iverson. Neither of those teams were nearly as stacked as the Celtics team Doc rode the coattails of to get his ring.

At least Brown won't play favoritism with Austin Rivers. In either case, I'd trust Brown to play the best players whether they are rookies or not over Doc, especially with Jerry West putting the team together.

Also, the only rookie I'm aware of Brown notably not playing was Darko Milicic on a Pistons team that had won a championship without him the year before he was drafted and Jerry West has gone on record to say that he would not have selected Milicic if he had had the 2nd overall pick in 2003 because Milicic refused to play in a game he was scouting. Meanwhile, David Robinson seemed to get plenty of playing time his rookie season when Brown coached the Spurs. So did Antonio Davis with the Pacers when Brown coached in Indiana. Likewise with Allen Iverson and Tim Thomas when Brown was the Sixers' coach. So I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

There's more to coaching than a reputation for not playing rookies. Even, for the sake of argurment, if both coaches are known for not playing rookies, Larry Brown has made a career of accomplishing more with less while Doc has done the opposite in doing less with more. See Doc's tenure with the Lob City Clippers and the fact that he's the only coach in NBA history to blow a 3-1 series lead in the playoffs twice.

Do your homework and try looking at the whole, bigger picture.

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1053 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:32 pm

rekt
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Max Headrom
Sixth Man

Re: Separating Fact from Fiction and Going Beyond a Single Facet 

Post#1054 » by Max Headrom » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:17 pm

Ranma wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:You hate Doc and says he doesn't give young guys a chance and then say you'd rather have Larry Brown??? That makes absolutely no sense since Larry is NOTORIOUS for not playing rookies and young players :banghead: :banghead:

The thing is Larry Brown is actually a great coach who's also known for teaching his players and getting the most out of his teams. He won a championship with the Detroit Pistons without a superstar player and had the Philadelphia 76ers make it to the Finals with a team that was practically single-handedly led by Iverson. Neither of those teams were nearly as stacked as the Celtics team Doc rode the coattails of to get his ring.

At least Brown won't play favoritism with Austin Rivers. In either case, I'd trust Brown to play the best players whether they are rookies or not over Doc, especially with Jerry West putting the team together.

Also, the only rookie I'm aware of Brown notably not playing was Darko Milicic on a Pistons team that had won a championship without him the year before he was drafted and Jerry West has gone on record to say that he would not have selected Milicic if he had had the 2nd overall pick in 2003 because Milicic refused to play in a game he was scouting. Meanwhile, David Robinson seemed to get plenty of playing time his rookie season when Brown coached the Spurs. So did Antonio Davis with the Pacers when Brown coached in Indiana. Likewise with Allen Iverson and Tim Thomas when Brown was the Sixers' coach. So I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

There's more to coaching than a reputation for not playing rookies. Even, for the sake of argurment, if both coaches are known for not playing rookies, Larry Brown has made a career of accomplishing more with less while Doc has done the opposite in doing less with more. See Doc's tenure with the Lob City Clippers and the fact that he's the only coach in NBA history to blow a 3-1 series lead in the playoffs twice.

Do your homework and try looking at the whole, bigger picture.

He'd play the best player available huh? We're talking about the same Larry Brown that started players in their hometown even if they weren't starter material while he was in New York?? Yeah okay buddy... Maybe you should do your homework. Also, the only reason he wanted Darko is because he didn't want them to draft Carmelo because there's no way he could've got away with not playing him. So again, before you try and say someone should do their homework, you should do the same. Your Doc hate makes you contradict yourself often and you don't even realize it but you have your 2 other Doc haters to give you And1's so I'm sure you're happy with that right pal? Right... Hooray, you got an And1, good job buddy...
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1055 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:47 am

It's very funny how Ranma and I and MTV and I have had some of the most significant disagreements about this team (and with Ranma, the Dodgers as well) and wouldn't hesitate to go down the route of disagreement again....

And here comes Doc supporters thinking we are some bloc...some unified front...the NWO of this group or something just because we agree on ONE issue.

LMFAO. Like the only person who would criticize Doc is a "hater".

Anywho....I'm sure both of them are just as puzzled as I am when one of you Doc supporters says something like that.

hImage
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,939

Re: Separating Fact from Fiction and Going Beyond a Single Facet 

Post#1056 » by esqtvd » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:06 am

Max Headrom wrote:He'd play the best player available huh? We're talking about the same Larry Brown that started players in their hometown even if they weren't starter material while he was in New York?? Yeah okay buddy... Maybe you should do your homework. Also, the only reason he wanted Darko is because he didn't want them to draft Carmelo because there's no way he could've got away with not playing him. So again, before you try and say someone should do their homework, you should do the same. Your Doc hate makes you contradict yourself often and you don't even realize it but you have your 2 other Doc haters to give you And1's so I'm sure you're happy with that right pal? Right... Hooray, you got an And1, good job buddy...

LOL every thread is eventually hijacked by the Rivers Derangement Syndrome crew :spam:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Max Headrom
Sixth Man

Post#1057 » by Max Headrom » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:09 am

Quake Griffin wrote:It's very funny how Ranma and I and MTV and I have had some of the most significant disagreements about this team (and with Ranma, the Dodgers as well) and wouldn't hesitate to go down the route of disagreement again....

And here comes Doc supporters thinking we are some bloc...some unified front...the NWO of this group or something just because we agree on ONE issue.

Anywho....I'm sure both of them are just as puzzled as I am when one of you Doc supporters says something like that.

hImage

You know what they say about assumptions right??

One, I'm not a Doc supporter (nice try) I just call out BS when I see it and IN MY OPINION, saying he'd rather have Larry Brown over Doc, especially for the reasons he hates Doc sounds crazy to me.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1058 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:53 am

Max Headrom wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:It's very funny how Ranma and I and MTV and I have had some of the most significant disagreements about this team (and with Ranma, the Dodgers as well) and wouldn't hesitate to go down the route of disagreement again....

hImage

One, I'm not a Doc supporter (nice try) I just call out BS when I see it and IN MY OPINION, saying he'd rather have Larry Brown over Doc, especially for the reasons he hates Doc sounds crazy to me.

What's worse is you've assumed we're in cahoots as "Doc Haters" (yet, dont want someone to assume you're a supporter - pot, meet kettle) and Ranma and I have had very intense disagreements about Doc's role in this franchise, whether he should stay or go, and whether bashing his character is appropriate over the YEARS.

You let a goof troop in the forum who thinks he's a martyr taking on all things anti-Doc and you get convinced that anybody who thinks moving on from Doc is a good idea is a "Doc Hater."

You didn't call out his BS. You didn't start that trying to have a legit debate and hear his side of why Larry Brown was better. You came for him. He responded and it was funny. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Max Headrom
Sixth Man

Post#1059 » by Max Headrom » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:55 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:

hImage

What's worse is you've assumed we're in cahoots as "Doc Haters" (yet, dont want someone to assume you're a supporter - pot, meet kettle) and Ranma and I have had very intense disagreements about Doc's role in this franchise, whether he should stay or go, and whether bashing his character is appropriate over the YEARS.

You let a goof troop in the forum who thinks he's a martyr taking on all things anti-Doc and you get convinced that anybody who thinks moving on from Doc is a good idea is a "Doc Hater."

You didn't call out his BS. You didn't start that trying to have a legit debate and hear his side of why Larry Brown was better. You came for him. He responded and it was funny. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Uh, I specifically said why I thought it didn't make any sense to me in my initial response. A team trying to go younger with 2 early picks and he wants a guy who didn't even play the number 2 pick in a draft but yet somehow I'm wrong for questioning that logic?? Crazy...
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#1060 » by nickhx2 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:25 am

larry brown would sabotage this team the same way he sabotaged his own teams many times before.

he's a guy who will go out of his way to doghouse young players who won't do what he wants, regardless of the long term ramifications. and in 2-3 years after butchering the program he'll jump ship.

i don't care for doc but he's gonna have little choice in playing his rookies next year with west in tow. and if we're super lucky we'll be able to move our two picks for doncic or bamba and there will be no question about those guys getting PT.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers