Around the NBA II

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1261 » by QRich3 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:42 am

Blake's been killin it this year, he's been the whole offense for the Pistons and he's playing pretty good defense too. If he had an NBA team around him he'd be one of the main MVP candidates. I've been having a lot of fun watching the Pistons this season. He's shooting 40% from 3 on 6 attempts a game, and he's one of the best pull-up shooters in the league this season too, so that game winner was not even a bad shot for him.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#1262 » by esqtvd » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:46 pm

QRich3 wrote:Blake's been killin it this year, he's been the whole offense for the Pistons and he's playing pretty good defense too. If he had an NBA team around him he'd be one of the main MVP candidates. I've been having a lot of fun watching the Pistons this season. He's shooting 40% from 3 on 6 attempts a game, and he's one of the best pull-up shooters in the league this season too, so that game winner was not even a bad shot for him.

Nothing to do in Detroit but concentrate on basketball. :D

But the effort is back, too. Rebs and FTAs are his highest in 5 years. He was coasting a bit here.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,254

Post#1263 » by wco81 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:14 pm

Didn’t he start out hot shooting from 3 in one of his last Clippers seasons and then leveled off?
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#1264 » by QRich3 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:25 am

wco81 wrote:Didn’t he start out hot shooting from 3 in one of his last Clippers seasons and then leveled off?

Never like this, no. It's his second season shooting 3's, so there's not a lot to look at to take that conclusion. Obviously he's not a better pull-up 3PT shooter than Steph and Harden, so those numbers will come down, but even if they do, he has a lot of margin to remain among the best in the league.

But I love how you always go out of your way to diminish his accomplishments, you really don't like the guy, do you? :lol:
wco81
RealGM

Post#1265 » by wco81 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:49 pm

I’d not have a strong feeling about him either way.

Now CP3 and Austin OTOH ...

Definitely wanted to see Pistons beat Rockets that game.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Korver Traded to Jazz 

Post#1266 » by Ranma » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:16 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

Bobby Marks's Breakdown of Salary Implications in Cleveland-Utah Deal 

Post#1267 » by Ranma » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:24 am

Read on Twitter

The Kyle Korver contract has a $7.56M cap hit this season and $7.5M for 2019-20. The salary for next season has $3.44M guaranteed with the full amount becoming protected if not waived by July 7. Alec Burks is in the last year of his contract with a salary of $11..53M. The guard also has $1M of unlikely bonuses in his contract.
Read on Twitter

For cap purposes, Cleveland is now $4M below the luxury tax and will gain salary relief next season with the $3.4M partially guaranteed contract of Kyle Korver now removed. The Cavaliers have $88.5M in guaranteed contracts for 2019-20 that will increase when factoring in a likely 2019 lottery pick. The guaranteed money includes a combined $4.87M in salary for George Hill and JR Smith. Both players have partially protected contracts. The salary cap is projected to be $109M. The Jazz are now $10.5M below the tax and have $65.6M in guaranteed salary for 2019-20. Cap flexibility next summer for Utah will depend on the non-guaranteed contracts of Derrick Favors, Raul Neto, Georges Niang, Royce O'Neale and the $22.4M free agent hold of point guard Ricky Rubio.
Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

Noah to Sign with Grizzlies 

Post#1268 » by Ranma » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:04 pm

Akklaim1
Rookie
And1: 821

Post#1269 » by Akklaim1 » Sat Dec 1, 2018 12:20 am

Can't shoot. Fits with the Grizzlies very well.
Ranma
RealGM

1st Step Towards Eventual Return of SuperSonics 

Post#1270 » by Ranma » Tue Dec 4, 2018 8:49 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

LeBron Wants Brotherhood with Lakers 

Post#1271 » by Ranma » Fri Dec 7, 2018 2:31 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Popovich
Pro Prospect
And1: 293

Post#1272 » by Popovich » Fri Dec 7, 2018 3:00 am

Meanwhile...

Stephen AS acts like he wasn't telling that Donic pronounced / D o n ˈtʃ I tʃ / Dončić (srb: Дончић) is overrated draft pick? And of course that he was wrong. Compare these numerous contradictory statements by watching this first two videos versus last one.

https://youtu.be/KVETWsF-fB8

https://youtu.be/_g3OIa2PJsI

I think SAS ought to be more self-critical and much more honest to himself.

PS.

Everybody is talking about Luka's BB IQ but what about his off-court IQ ?
The fact is that he probably speaks 4 different languages if we discount Croatian, Bosnian, Montenegrin.
1. Mother-tongue - Slovenian >No need for showing.
2. Father-tongue - Serbian >
3. 3rd language - Spanish >
4. 4th language - English >

In this area he beat Kobe, Tony Parker, maybe Gasol?
Ranma
RealGM

Nonsense is SAS's Specialty 

Post#1273 » by Ranma » Fri Dec 7, 2018 3:15 am

Popovich wrote:Stephen AS acts like he wasn't telling that Donic pronounced / D o n ˈtʃ I tʃ / Dončić (srb: Дончић) is overrated draft pick? And of course that he was wrong.

Stephen A. Smith is a moron. He's paid to be loud and obnoxious, not necessarily for his basketball knowledge. He's the same idiot who publicly ripped Phil Jackson and the Knicks for drafting Kristaps Porzingis, then made excuses and backtracked afterwards when he's been called out on that. He'll likely come up with another excuse for picking Ayton over Doncic.

While Doncic still has issues to address like his doughy build and there's still time for things to work out differently in both cases, Ayton still hasn't shown an inclination to play defense and, if that continues, it was a wasted 1st overall selection, especially in this day and age where the game has moved away from the traditional big man.
Popovich
Pro Prospect

Re: Nonsense is SAS's Specialty 

Post#1274 » by Popovich » Fri Dec 7, 2018 3:24 am

Ranma wrote:
Popovich wrote:Stephen AS acts like he wasn't telling that Dončić(srb: Дончић) is overrated draft pick? And of course that he was wrong.

Stephen A. Smith is a moron. He's paid to be loud and obnoxious, not for his basketball knowledge. He's the same moron who ripped Phil Jackson and the Knicks for drafting Kristaps Porzingis, then made excuse afterwards when he's been called out on that. He'll likely come up with another excuse for picking Ayton over Doncic.

While Doncic still has issues to address like his doughy build and there's still time for things to work out differently in both cases, Ayton still doesn't show an inclination to play defense and, if that continues, it was a wasted 1st overall selection, especially in this day and age where the game has moved away from the traditional big man.

Well I can't say I disagree but I would't use such a spiteful remarks such as "moron"... (which is serious mental ill state, placed on a scale just one or few levels above idiot.)... on a man just because he is doing job for which he is payed to do.
About the rest.... you are right
Ranma
RealGM

Smith Tones Down Rhetoric Without Owning Up to His Mistake 

Post#1275 » by Ranma » Fri Dec 7, 2018 3:35 am

Popovich wrote:Well I can't say I disagree but I would't use such a spiteful remarks such as "moron"... (which is serious mental ill state, placed on a scale just one or few levels above idiot.)... on a man just because he is doing job for which he is payed to do.

I'm not one to sugarcoat things and just because he's paid to be a clown doesn't afford him much leeway when he props himself as some kind of so-called expert. It's one thing if he was a parody of his type of character, but he actually takes himself seriously, so he deserves to be called out for his buffoonery.

And now he's calling Doncic special. Notice how soft-spoken he is when he's interviewing Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle and not fully owning up to his previous loudmouthed claims. Granted, this is not the entire segment, but I doubt he's fully admitted that he was wrong about the kid when he was a boisterous chest-thumping carnival barker before propping himself up as knowing what he's talking about as some sort of talent evaluator.

esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Re: Nonsense is SAS's Specialty 

Post#1276 » by esqtvd » Fri Dec 7, 2018 4:53 am

Popovich wrote:
Ranma wrote:
Popovich wrote:Stephen AS acts like he wasn't telling that Dončić(srb: Дончић) is overrated draft pick? And of course that he was wrong.

Stephen A. Smith is a moron. He's paid to be loud and obnoxious, not for his basketball knowledge. He's the same moron who ripped Phil Jackson and the Knicks for drafting Kristaps Porzingis, then made excuse afterwards when he's been called out on that. He'll likely come up with another excuse for picking Ayton over Doncic.

While Doncic still has issues to address like his doughy build and there's still time for things to work out differently in both cases, Ayton still doesn't show an inclination to play defense and, if that continues, it was a wasted 1st overall selection, especially in this day and age where the game has moved away from the traditional big man.

Well I can't say I disagree but I would't use such a spiteful remarks such as "moron"... (which is serious mental ill state, placed on a scale just one or few levels above idiot.)... on a man just because he is doing job for which he is payed to do.

let's let Ranma off the hook on this one
in the US everybody calls everybody a moron
you're just not allowed to say '(Please Use More Appropriate Word)', which is the spirit of where I think is where you're going with this

FTR, Brother Pop, this scene--the funniest one in the movie--is now censored on American TV

https://filmschoolrejects.com/boiling-point-when-censorship-goes-full-retard-fff79d96fa71/

we went full moron

___

ADD: Real GM just censored the r.e.t.a.r.d. word in this post. "Moron" is still OK. Welcome to America 2018. :lol:

you're just not allowed to say '(Please Use More Appropriate Word)', which is the spirit of where I think is where you're going with this
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Popovich
Pro Prospect

Post#1277 » by Popovich » Fri Dec 7, 2018 8:19 am

Yeah , I watched that movie , and this black dude , well I actually thought it is a real person not a masked white guy. I got the point, in Serbia we use all of those words as insults also but mostly , "debil" which is equivalent of moron.
wco81
RealGM

Post#1278 » by wco81 » Fri Dec 7, 2018 6:39 pm

Yeah Luka has to get serious about offseason training.

He may be able to get away with not being optimally fit at 19 but as he gets older, its going to require more work to improve his game.
TucsonClip
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Post#1279 » by TucsonClip » Fri Dec 7, 2018 9:55 pm

Luka has been really good. So has Ayton, and hes playing on a team that quits every single night. Not a great situation for him, but hes only scratching the surface offensively.

Defensively, he is always going to have issues, mainly because everyone wants him to be a rim protector. However, he defend much better on the perimeter at Arizona, even switching onto guards and sliding with them at times. That is where his defensive value is, but the Suns are so historically bad on that end they need him to be a rim protector.

As we all know, asking guys to do things they arent good at, especially during the development stage, isnt exactly a good idea.
Plus, why would I want to go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros.

- Shane Battier
Ranma
RealGM

Hill & Dekker Traded to Bucks with Dellavedova, Henson + 2021 Picks to Cavaliers 

Post#1280 » by Ranma » Fri Dec 7, 2018 10:52 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Return to Los Angeles Clippers