Around the NBA II

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Simplified Solution 

Post#1301 » by Ranma » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:20 pm

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,900

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1302 » by esqtvd » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:57 am

With Redick headed off for a bigger payday, Austin had earned JJ's spot at the 2. Not quite the deadeye, but a plus 3-pt shooter and iso player who could get his own shot--and even if his D had fallen off, Austin was still better than JJ. He looked to be an adequate lower-priced replacement. But the CP/BG era came to a close before Austin had his chance to move up.

Austin was a hero in his years here mostly as a fill-in starter at 3 positions when somebody got injured. And unfortunately for him, although his talent says "bench player," his stats are vastly superior when he starts.

And he's not a PG either, in any way, shape, matter or form. He's not a combo guard. He's a marginal starter at the 2 for a team that has a hole there. And since the Suns' best player is Devin Booker, Austin is still a man without a home. He's a square peg in a league full of round holes. I hope he lands safely somewhere next summer. There must be a square hole out there somewhere.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#1303 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:08 am

lol

Sign him Doc.
"We need his defense" :lol:
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#1304 » by esqtvd » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:45 am

Quake Griffin wrote:lol

Sign him Doc.
"We need his defense" :lol:

your first version of this post was just "lol"

whatever, Quake
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1305 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:43 am

Yeah, then I remembered that Doc quote.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#1306 » by esqtvd » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:31 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Yeah, then I remembered that Doc quote.

Austin did well for us as a Clipper, for reasons given. No need to spit on him. Let it go, bro. He gave us his best.

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1307 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:43 am

He can give us his best again.

Go get em Doc.
#WeNeedHisDefense

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Ranma
RealGM

Junior About to Be Put on Waivers 

Post#1308 » by Ranma » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:24 am

The front office better not let Doc bring his son back onto this team. It was already bad enough Doc gave him undeserved minutes and then signed him to that big contract.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

Cap Consequences for Suns' Wheeling and Dealing 

Post#1309 » by Ranma » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:15 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#1310 » by mkwest » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:23 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Junior Rivers Apparently Changes Mind 

Post#1311 » by Ranma » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:12 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#1312 » by esqtvd » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:48 am

I'm so sick of fake news

Read on Twitter
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#1313 » by esqtvd » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:13 am

Wizards already missing Austin badly

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Junior Rivers Joins CP3 in Houston 

Post#1314 » by Ranma » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:09 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1315 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:25 pm

Ranma wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Thought the [twitter] record was clear that CP3 was against JJ starting and wanted Austin in the starting lineup?

To bring up these “disagreements” up is irresponsible and feeds into whatever click bait is left of lob city’s dysfunction. Even if they disagreed over things fundamentally, CP3, compartmentalized and lobbied for him to start.

He obviously did not view Austin the same way Big Baby did.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#1316 » by esqtvd » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:41 pm

obviously CP3 doesn't agree with the "experts" that Austin Rivers sucks

you KNOW Morey wouldn't stick CP with Austin against his will
CP had to sign off on this
Ranma
RealGM

Minimum-Wage Flier 

Post#1317 » by Ranma » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:28 am

For as much as I like Chris Paul, he's not the best judge of talent. Remember, he wanted Melo on the Clippers despite how inefficient he's been for the latter years. Melo wasn't even good enough for Morey's sabermetrically-inclined team. The Rockets are desperate enough for talent and handicapped by their salary cap that they'll settle for Junior Rivers.

However, to be fair to Rivers, there were reportedly multiple teams interested in his services at the minimum while Doc rewarded his son with a huge contract the the Suns were willing to pay not to have him play for them.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
esqtvd
RealGM

Re: Minimum-Wage Flier 

Post#1318 » by esqtvd » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:34 am

Ranma wrote:For as much as I like Chris Paul, he's not the best judge of talent. Remember, he wanted Melo on the Clippers despite how inefficient he's been for the latter years. Melo wasn't even good enough for Morey's sabermetrically-inclined team. The Rockets are desperate enough for talent and handicapped by their salary cap that they'll settle for Junior Rivers.

However, to be fair to Rivers, there were reportedly multiple teams interested in his services at the minimum while Doc rewarded his son with a huge contract the the Suns were willing to pay not to have him play for them.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Ah, TS% Eliot. Recognized basketball authority. :nod:
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#1319 » by esqtvd » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:38 am

esqtvd wrote:
Ranma wrote:For as much as I like Chris Paul, he's not the best judge of talent. Remember, he wanted Melo on the Clippers despite how inefficient he's been for the latter years. Melo wasn't even good enough for Morey's sabermetrically-inclined team. The Rockets are desperate enough for talent and handicapped by their salary cap that they'll settle for Junior Rivers.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

keep quoting nobodies off twitter, big guy

"such as" is not a complete list
it's a hit job

were there others who were as mediocre through age 26?
was Austin as mediocre after he joined the Clippers?

No, that's not how it went down. There were reportedly other teams interested in Austin's services at roughly the same money.

I'm not saying you're lying. I prefer to say you might be misinformed:

there were reportedly multiple teams interested in his services at the minimum while Doc rewarded his son with a huge contract

is pretty close to a lie--in the least with zero backup.

Austin was signed for bigger money [the same as many others in that crazy year] because we were over the sal cap, Doc couldn't risk losing him, and you could only exceed the sal cap for your own free agents.

never quit, Ramna
never quit

everyone is stupid except you
just keep talkin spit
and don't ever let the facts get in your way

I think the folks on our board deserve better, which is the only reason I give you the time of day :(
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1320 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:28 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Ouch.

And Chris Paul definitely is not the best judge of talent by any stretch.
I just hate this twitter head acting like the narrative of their relationship is some kind of beef when we know it wasn't.

I wish Austin the best. Just not with our Clippers. Just not within 10 football fields of our Clippers.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers