ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA II

Moderators: TrueLAfan, QRich3, mkwest, og15

User avatar
Ranma
RealGM
Posts: 14,455
And1: 4,058
Joined: Jun 13, 2011
Location: OC, CA
Contact:
       

Houston, You Have a Problem 

Post#1461 » by Ranma » Sat May 25, 2019 2:32 am

Ranma wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
User avatar
Ranma
RealGM
Posts: 14,455
And1: 4,058
Joined: Jun 13, 2011
Location: OC, CA
Contact:
       

Rockets Putting Sale Items in Window 

Post#1462 » by Ranma » Wed May 29, 2019 5:46 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
User avatar
Ranma
RealGM
Posts: 14,455
And1: 4,058
Joined: Jun 13, 2011
Location: OC, CA
Contact:
       

D'Antoni's Days Numbered 

Post#1463 » by Ranma » Thu May 30, 2019 8:30 pm

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
User avatar
mkwest
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
Posts: 26,908
And1: 5,716
Joined: Dec 18, 2005
   

Re: D'Antoni's Days Numbered 

Post#1464 » by mkwest » Fri May 31, 2019 4:40 am

Ranma wrote:
Read on Twitter


They already fired his assistants.


Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
User avatar
mkwest
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
Posts: 26,908
And1: 5,716
Joined: Dec 18, 2005
   

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1465 » by mkwest » Fri May 31, 2019 11:37 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
User avatar
Ranma
RealGM
Posts: 14,455
And1: 4,058
Joined: Jun 13, 2011
Location: OC, CA
Contact:
       

Utah Looking Beyond Rubio 

Post#1466 » by Ranma » Sun Jun 2, 2019 10:28 pm

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
User avatar
Ranma
RealGM
Posts: 14,455
And1: 4,058
Joined: Jun 13, 2011
Location: OC, CA
Contact:
       

Looking Back at Run TMC 

Post#1467 » by Ranma » Sun Jun 2, 2019 10:53 pm

LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
User avatar
mkwest
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
Posts: 26,908
And1: 5,716
Joined: Dec 18, 2005
   

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1468 » by mkwest » Wed Jun 5, 2019 2:39 am

Read on Twitter
User avatar
mkwest
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
Posts: 26,908
And1: 5,716
Joined: Dec 18, 2005
   

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1469 » by mkwest » Thu Jun 6, 2019 9:19 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
User avatar
Ranma
RealGM
Posts: 14,455
And1: 4,058
Joined: Jun 13, 2011
Location: OC, CA
Contact:
       

Prigioni Hired Away from Brooklyn 

Post#1470 » by Ranma » Fri Jun 7, 2019 5:28 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
User avatar
mkwest
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
Posts: 26,908
And1: 5,716
Joined: Dec 18, 2005
   

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1471 » by mkwest » Sun Jun 9, 2019 4:31 am

Read on Twitter
User avatar
mkwest
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
Posts: 26,908
And1: 5,716
Joined: Dec 18, 2005
   

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1472 » by mkwest » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:22 am

NSFW

Read on Twitter
User avatar
mkwest
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
Posts: 26,908
And1: 5,716
Joined: Dec 18, 2005
   

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1473 » by mkwest » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:02 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter


Congrats to thee Raptors. Nurse is now the third first-time head coach to win the championship in the last 5 years.
User avatar
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
Posts: 6,572
And1: 1,613
Joined: Jan 30, 2012
Location: Charlotte
     

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1474 » by mttwlsn16 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:07 am

Couldn't be happier to see Curry come up small in the finals yet again, and for GS to lose.

Congrats Toronto!
Image
User avatar
Ranma
RealGM
Posts: 14,455
And1: 4,058
Joined: Jun 13, 2011
Location: OC, CA
Contact:
       

Clippers Miss Out on Another Opportunity 

Post#1475 » by Ranma » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:11 pm

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
User avatar
Ranma
RealGM
Posts: 14,455
And1: 4,058
Joined: Jun 13, 2011
Location: OC, CA
Contact:
       

O Canada! 

Post#1476 » by Ranma » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:33 pm




Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
User avatar
QRich3
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
Posts: 5,570
And1: 3,603
Joined: Apr 03, 2011
 

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1477 » by QRich3 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:33 am

Lakers really did trade unprotected picks in 2022 and 2025 plus a pick swap in 2023 didn't they? I don't fault them for going all in with how open the top of the league is gonna be next year after the Warriors' injuries, but they really opened themselves to a Billy King situation, after most people thought no team would ever dare to follow that cautionary tale again. It could end horribly for them.
User avatar
Max Headrom
Junior
Posts: 456
And1: 481
Joined: Mar 31, 2014
 

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1478 » by Max Headrom » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:48 pm

QRich3 wrote:Lakers really did trade unprotected picks in 2022 and 2025 plus a pick swap in 2023 didn't they? I don't fault them for going all in with how open the top of the league is gonna be next year after the Warriors' injuries, but they really opened themselves to a Billy King situation, after most people thought no team would ever dare to follow that cautionary tale again. It could end horribly for them.


And make no mistake, Bron and AD being Lakers is all Klutch sports. They still have idiots in the front office that have no clue what they're doing so I'm banking that they definitely screw this up with Rob Lowe and the Rambis couple running the show...
User avatar
esqtvd
Analyst
Posts: 3,354
And1: 757
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1479 » by esqtvd » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:54 pm

Max Headrom wrote:
QRich3 wrote:Lakers really did trade unprotected picks in 2022 and 2025 plus a pick swap in 2023 didn't they? I don't fault them for going all in with how open the top of the league is gonna be next year after the Warriors' injuries, but they really opened themselves to a Billy King situation, after most people thought no team would ever dare to follow that cautionary tale again. It could end horribly for them.


And make no mistake, Bron and AD being Lakers is all Klutch sports. They still have idiots in the front office that have no clue what they're doing so I'm banking that they definitely screw this up with Rob Lowe and the Rambis couple running the show...




That's a LOT of eggs in one basket. I'm still wary of the best player on a bad team, and of course the Lakers are finished for a decade if he breaks down. They may be finished anyway if they can't somehow fill out an 8-man rotation. That was the undoing of the CP-BG Clippers, and also the Sixers this year.


    But, there are still some nagging doubts whether he is truly THAT good. To begin with, his teams have made the playoffs in only 2 of his 7 seasons. Shouldn’t an elite star lead his team to better results than that? Virtually all of the league’s other top 10 players (arguably Kawhi Leonard, Kevin Durant, Steph Curry, Giannis Antetokounmpo, James Harden, Kyrie Irving, Russell Westbrook, Paul George and LeBron) have done better in that regard.

    Then, AD has averaged only 66 games per year in his seven seasons, which means he typically misses 16 games. That doesn’t exactly make him injury-prone, but it’s not a ringing endorsement of his ability to stay healthy either.

    ...

    For the Lakers, much will depend on how the roster is filled. Heading into free agency, the Lakers roster consists of Davis, James, Kuzma, Moe Wagner and Isaac Bonga. Yep, that’s it, just five players.

    That means that 10 more players will have to be added. And the Lakers have no picks remaining in the upcoming draft. Also, the team probably won’t count much on Bonga, who will turn 20 just after the season begins, played limited minutes in his rookie season and is still viewed as a project.

    The Lakers have perhaps $34 million remaining under the salary cap. They might use most of it for a single player such as Kemba Walker, or split it among multiple players. They’ll almost certainly end up using the veteran’s minimum for someone. But it looks like much of the roster will be filled by veterans willing to accept lower dollar contracts like JaVale McGee and Michael Beasley did this past season along with a few G-League quality players.

    Some say so what, there’s so much top-end talent it won’t matter. That assumes the Lakers will be completely healthy this coming season. Is that likely with a soon-to-be 35-year-old James, who was sidelined for 27 games this past year? And as previously mentioned, AD typically misses 16 games a season.

    So yes, roster depth does matter. And chances are good that the Lakers will have a fairly weak bench this coming season.



https://lakeshowlife.com/2019/06/17/los-angeles-lakers-5-concerns-anthony-davis-trade/3/
..............................................................................IGNORED: nobody really, though some folks tend to make my eyes glaze over :lol:
User avatar
Max Headrom
Junior
Posts: 456
And1: 481
Joined: Mar 31, 2014
 

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1480 » by Max Headrom » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:08 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:
QRich3 wrote:Lakers really did trade unprotected picks in 2022 and 2025 plus a pick swap in 2023 didn't they? I don't fault them for going all in with how open the top of the league is gonna be next year after the Warriors' injuries, but they really opened themselves to a Billy King situation, after most people thought no team would ever dare to follow that cautionary tale again. It could end horribly for them.


And make no mistake, Bron and AD being Lakers is all Klutch sports. They still have idiots in the front office that have no clue what they're doing so I'm banking that they definitely screw this up with Rob Lowe and the Rambis couple running the show...




That's a LOT of eggs in one basket. I'm still wary of the best player on a bad team, and of course the Lakers are finished for a decade if he breaks down. They may be finished anyway if they can't somehow fill out an 8-man rotation. That was the undoing of the CP-BG Clippers, and also the Sixers this year.


    But, there are still some nagging doubts whether he is truly THAT good. To begin with, his teams have made the playoffs in only 2 of his 7 seasons. Shouldn’t an elite star lead his team to better results than that? Virtually all of the league’s other top 10 players (arguably Kawhi Leonard, Kevin Durant, Steph Curry, Giannis Antetokounmpo, James Harden, Kyrie Irving, Russell Westbrook, Paul George and LeBron) have done better in that regard.

    Then, AD has averaged only 66 games per year in his seven seasons, which means he typically misses 16 games. That doesn’t exactly make him injury-prone, but it’s not a ringing endorsement of his ability to stay healthy either.

    ...

    For the Lakers, much will depend on how the roster is filled. Heading into free agency, the Lakers roster consists of Davis, James, Kuzma, Moe Wagner and Isaac Bonga. Yep, that’s it, just five players.

    That means that 10 more players will have to be added. And the Lakers have no picks remaining in the upcoming draft. Also, the team probably won’t count much on Bonga, who will turn 20 just after the season begins, played limited minutes in his rookie season and is still viewed as a project.

    The Lakers have perhaps $34 million remaining under the salary cap. They might use most of it for a single player such as Kemba Walker, or split it among multiple players. They’ll almost certainly end up using the veteran’s minimum for someone. But it looks like much of the roster will be filled by veterans willing to accept lower dollar contracts like JaVale McGee and Michael Beasley did this past season along with a few G-League quality players.

    Some say so what, there’s so much top-end talent it won’t matter. That assumes the Lakers will be completely healthy this coming season. Is that likely with a soon-to-be 35-year-old James, who was sidelined for 27 games this past year? And as previously mentioned, AD typically misses 16 games a season.

    So yes, roster depth does matter. And chances are good that the Lakers will have a fairly weak bench this coming season.



https://lakeshowlife.com/2019/06/17/los-angeles-lakers-5-concerns-anthony-davis-trade/3/


I've said for a couple of years now, AD gets his numbers but he doesn't affect the game when it comes to WINNING because he usually fades in the 4th


He reminds me of a more athletic Kevin Love in Minnesota that put up monster numbers but the team didn't win.

Also, we saw what Bosh and Love became playing with Bron, spot up shooters and their numbers dipped considerably...

Return to Los Angeles Clippers