ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA II

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan, QRich3

User avatar
Max Headrom
Senior
Posts: 687
And1: 700
Joined: Mar 31, 2014
 

Re: Shaq Called Out for Shooting Off at the Mouth 

Post#1521 » by Max Headrom » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:26 am

og15 wrote:
Ranma wrote:
Read on Twitter

Has Shaq kissed Kerr’s feet yet, and if not, will it be televised when it happens?


To be fair, you and I could've coached that Warriors team and had the same record...lol Look at how they played when Like "coached" them...lol
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
Posts: 34,683
And1: 14,144
Joined: Jun 23, 2004
Location: NBA Fan
 

Re: Shaq Called Out for Shooting Off at the Mouth 

Post#1522 » by og15 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:38 am

Max Headrom wrote:
og15 wrote:
Ranma wrote:
Read on Twitter

Has Shaq kissed Kerr’s feet yet, and if not, will it be televised when it happens?


To be fair, you and I could've coached that Warriors team and had the same record...lol Look at how they played when Like "coached" them...lol

Shaq didn't give any qualifications though :lol: :wink:
User avatar
Max Headrom
Senior
Posts: 687
And1: 700
Joined: Mar 31, 2014
 

Re: Shaq Called Out for Shooting Off at the Mouth 

Post#1523 » by Max Headrom » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:30 am

og15 wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:
og15 wrote:Has Shaq kissed Kerr’s feet yet, and if not, will it be televised when it happens?


To be fair, you and I could've coached that Warriors team and had the same record...lol Look at how they played when Like "coached" them...lol

Shaq didn't give any qualifications though :lol: :wink:


Tis true :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Ranma
RealGM
Posts: 14,456
And1: 4,062
Joined: Jun 13, 2011
Location: OC, CA
Contact:
       

EJ Extended in Houston 

Post#1524 » by Ranma » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:31 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter


Spoiler:
Image
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
User avatar
Ranma
RealGM
Posts: 14,456
And1: 4,062
Joined: Jun 13, 2011
Location: OC, CA
Contact:
       

Wilson Chandler Suspended 

Post#1525 » by Ranma » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:36 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter


The 25-game suspension will cost Wilson Chandler $23,316 per game and a total of $582,898. The Brooklyn forward will start the regular season on the active list and moved to the suspension list after the 5th game (Nov. 1 vs. Houston) of the regular season. The Nets with 15 guaranteed contracts can add a 16th player after the game against the Rockets. Brooklyn plays the following night (Nov. 2) at Detroit. Chandler will be removed off the suspension list for the Dec. 15 game vs. Philadelphia. Chandler can participate during training camp and play in the Nets pre-season games.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
User avatar
Ranma
RealGM
Posts: 14,456
And1: 4,062
Joined: Jun 13, 2011
Location: OC, CA
Contact:
       

Friendly Neighborhood SpidaMitchell 

Post#1526 » by Ranma » Sun Sep 8, 2019 2:54 am

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
User avatar
Ranma
RealGM
Posts: 14,456
And1: 4,062
Joined: Jun 13, 2011
Location: OC, CA
Contact:
       

MJ Selling Large Stake in Ownership of Hornets 

Post#1527 » by Ranma » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:18 pm

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
User avatar
Ranma
RealGM
Posts: 14,456
And1: 4,062
Joined: Jun 13, 2011
Location: OC, CA
Contact:
       

NBA to Clarify Traveling Rule with Focus on "Gather" Component 

Post#1528 » by Ranma » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:18 pm

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
User avatar
Ranma
RealGM
Posts: 14,456
And1: 4,062
Joined: Jun 13, 2011
Location: OC, CA
Contact:
       

Tragedy for Emmett Family 

Post#1529 » by Ranma » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:28 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
User avatar
esqtvd
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,192
And1: 990
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1530 » by esqtvd » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:46 am

..............................................................................IGNORED: nobody really, though some folks make my eyes glaze over :lol:
User avatar
Ranma
RealGM
Posts: 14,456
And1: 4,062
Joined: Jun 13, 2011
Location: OC, CA
Contact:
       

Apparently Anybody Can Be Sports Agent Nowadays 

Post#1531 » by Ranma » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:24 pm

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
User avatar
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 26,910
And1: 5,724
Joined: Dec 18, 2005
   

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1532 » by mkwest » Wed Oct 2, 2019 6:32 am

Read on Twitter
User avatar
QRich3
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
Posts: 5,775
And1: 3,886
Joined: Apr 03, 2011
 

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1533 » by QRich3 » Wed Oct 2, 2019 12:29 pm

lol yeah that thing on their chest looks hideous, what were they thinking?

It does look wrong though, all three of them :(
User avatar
esqtvd
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,192
And1: 990
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1534 » by esqtvd » Mon Oct 7, 2019 2:12 am

woke Adam Silver was such a badass against Sterling and North Carolina but when it comes down to it he's just another puke

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/255615/NBA-Releases-Statement-Addressing-Daryl-Morey-Tweet
..............................................................................IGNORED: nobody really, though some folks make my eyes glaze over :lol:
User avatar
QRich3
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
Posts: 5,775
And1: 3,886
Joined: Apr 03, 2011
 

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1535 » by QRich3 » Mon Oct 7, 2019 10:55 am

It's sad that no one at all in the whole league stood with Morey. I don't have enough information about the Hong Kong situation to take a stance either way, but the fact that such an innocuous statement by Morey was met with such a disproportionate reaction and a country wide boycott of anything he's tangentially related to, says a lot about the situation.

Really bad look for Silver and everyone in the league, I understand it's a business that has to protect their interests, but this was a pretty clear situation, and now their image is gonna take a big hit locally because of the fear they had of losing the China market.

Good on Morey for not backtracking even when he's forced to make a public apology.
User avatar
esqtvd
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,192
And1: 990
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1536 » by esqtvd » Tue Oct 8, 2019 12:40 am

Read on Twitter
..............................................................................IGNORED: nobody really, though some folks make my eyes glaze over :lol:
TheNewEra
RealGM
Posts: 20,364
And1: 5,785
Joined: Aug 28, 2008
Location: Lob City
       

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1537 » by TheNewEra » Wed Oct 9, 2019 1:48 am

SGA out here getting buckets in OKC
User avatar
QRich3
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
Posts: 5,775
And1: 3,886
Joined: Apr 03, 2011
 

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1538 » by QRich3 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 8:16 am

QRich3 wrote:It's sad that no one at all in the whole league stood with Morey. I don't have enough information about the Hong Kong situation to take a stance either way, but the fact that such an innocuous statement by Morey was met with such a disproportionate reaction and a country wide boycott of anything he's tangentially related to, says a lot about the situation.

Really bad look for Silver and everyone in the league, I understand it's a business that has to protect their interests, but this was a pretty clear situation, and now their image is gonna take a big hit locally because of the fear they had of losing the China market.

Good on Morey for not backtracking even when he's forced to make a public apology.

Took a few days, but I tip my hat off to Silver's response in that press conference. Really tricky issue with big stakes that go way beyond sports, but I think Silver's handled this as well as it can reasonably be expected.

The league's gonna take a big hit though, and for us fans, this thing with China will have big consequences in the salary cap and next CBA's negotiations. There will be a lot less money to share and we'll have to see how this affects the league's configuration.
User avatar
esqtvd
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,192
And1: 990
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1539 » by esqtvd » Wed Oct 9, 2019 6:50 pm

Read on Twitter
..............................................................................IGNORED: nobody really, though some folks make my eyes glaze over :lol:
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
Posts: 7,537
And1: 476
Joined: Apr 11, 2001

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1540 » by TrueLAfan » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:11 pm

QRich3 wrote:
QRich3 wrote:It's sad that no one at all in the whole league stood with Morey. I don't have enough information about the Hong Kong situation to take a stance either way, but the fact that such an innocuous statement by Morey was met with such a disproportionate reaction and a country wide boycott of anything he's tangentially related to, says a lot about the situation.

Really bad look for Silver and everyone in the league, I understand it's a business that has to protect their interests, but this was a pretty clear situation, and now their image is gonna take a big hit locally because of the fear they had of losing the China market.

Good on Morey for not backtracking even when he's forced to make a public apology.

Took a few days, but I tip my hat off to Silver's response in that press conference. Really tricky issue with big stakes that go way beyond sports, but I think Silver's handled this as well as it can reasonably be expected.

The league's gonna take a big hit though, and for us fans, this thing with China will have big consequences in the salary cap and next CBA's negotiations. There will be a lot less money to share and we'll have to see how this affects the league's configuration.


I agree. I think the NBA has a lot more leverage here than they—or the Chinese government—will say publicly. There’s absolutely no way for the league to restrict commentary by every player associated with the NBA. (The only players this could/should conceivably affect are those going to play in China.) I think the Chinese government overstepped in trying to, essentially, make the NBA issue a gag order.

And the thing that makes this a potential financial problem for the league makes it a pretty significant political issue for the Chinese. NBA TV viewership in China is equal to viewership here. Billions in merchandise gets sold in China. A restriction on any of that would hurt obviously hurt the league. But NBA viewers/consumers skew young and wealthy and cosmopolitan in China. This is not a group that you want to alienate with a hamfisted, unpopular ban on something they care passionately about. I think the Chinese government will realize this and do as much of nothing as possible from this point forward.
Image

Return to Los Angeles Clippers