ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA II

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan, QRich3

User avatar
esqtvd
Head Coach
Posts: 6,208
And1: 1,556
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1681 » by esqtvd » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:33 pm

Captain Ballmer wrote:
og15 wrote:What happened to Blake? I suggested at another point that I think he's coasting, but his numbers are REALLY bad. If you want to get traded, putting up trash numbers like this with his injury history and the concerns about his health won't get it done.

2021 Blake is still better than 2020 Batum. Look at Batum now...

Just put him on a defined "Role" then he will be fine piece for 25 mpg.


Yah, but Charlotte took it up the chute and bought Batum out. We're paying him the minimum.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Captain Ballmer
Junior
Posts: 482
And1: 334
Joined: Jul 14, 2015
Location: Istanbul
     

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1682 » by Captain Ballmer » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:11 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Captain Ballmer wrote:
og15 wrote:What happened to Blake? I suggested at another point that I think he's coasting, but his numbers are REALLY bad. If you want to get traded, putting up trash numbers like this with his injury history and the concerns about his health won't get it done.

2021 Blake is still better than 2020 Batum. Look at Batum now...

Just put him on a defined "Role" then he will be fine piece for 25 mpg.


Yah, but Charlotte took it up the chute and bought Batum out. We're paying him the minimum.


That's likely what Pistons gonna do next summer. Buyout! 2021 Charlotte Batum model > 2022 Detroit Blake model.

Whoevet gets the Blake for minimum will have the value instead of pistons.
Sam Cassell, Cuttino Mobley, Shaun Livingston, Corey Maggette, Chris Kaman.
User avatar
MartinToVaught
RealGM
Posts: 11,162
And1: 14,270
Joined: Oct 19, 2014
     

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1683 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:56 am

Hard to believe this Mavs team beat us by 51 not too long ago with the way they've been playing all season. Also incredible to think that Doc and Trez almost choked a playoff series away to these guys.

With all the talk about Blake being washed, Porzingis looks worse than Blake does nowadays. On a side note, I'd love to see Blake come back to the Clippers and be the next Batum for us. I feel like the Clippers still owe him a ring one of these years for all he did to turn this franchise around.
Image
User avatar
MartinToVaught
RealGM
Posts: 11,162
And1: 14,270
Joined: Oct 19, 2014
     

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1684 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:34 pm

Read on Twitter


Did the Jazz trade for Trez and not tell anyone? :lol:
Image
User avatar
esqtvd
Head Coach
Posts: 6,208
And1: 1,556
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1685 » by esqtvd » Mon Feb 1, 2021 2:18 am

Captain Ballmer wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Captain Ballmer wrote:2021 Blake is still better than 2020 Batum. Look at Batum now...

Just put him on a defined "Role" then he will be fine piece for 25 mpg.


Yah, but Charlotte took it up the chute and bought Batum out. We're paying him the minimum.


That's likely what Pistons gonna do next summer. Buyout! 2021 Charlotte Batum model > 2022 Detroit Blake model.

Whoever gets the Blake for minimum will have the value instead of pistons.




:noway:


https://hoopshabit.com/2021/01/03/detroit-pistons-questions-blake-griffin/

Last season, in his abbreviated action, that knee injury crippled his athleticism and ability to go through or around defenders. As a result, he relied even more on that 3-point shooting, taking 44.4 percent of his field goal attempts from long distance. He wasn’t even able to get enough lift to shoot effectively and his percentage dipped precipitously to 24.3 percent.

This season he’s treating the 3-pointer as a crutch. 64.8 percent of his field goal attempts have come from behind the 3-point line.

Thanks to a blistering stretch against the Cleveland Cavaliers he’s shooting 41.2 percent from 3*, but that doesn’t change the fact that he can’t do anything else on offense at this point, and he’s a non-entity on defense. In fact, he’s largely playing 3-point line to 3-point line as games go on.

_______________

*now down to 34.4%
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
User avatar
MartinToVaught
RealGM
Posts: 11,162
And1: 14,270
Joined: Oct 19, 2014
     

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1686 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Feb 2, 2021 4:17 am

Knicks fans already want Austin benched, that was fast. At some point, people need to stop pretending he hasn't been one of the worst players in the league throughout his career.
Image
User avatar
esqtvd
Head Coach
Posts: 6,208
And1: 1,556
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1687 » by esqtvd » Wed Feb 3, 2021 7:12 am

it must suck to be this guy
nothing better to do than hate-stalking Doc Rivers and his son all over the internet?

meanwhile, Austin's made 50 million dollars playing basketball
laughing all the way to the bank at people like this

personally I think Austin has never enjoyed the game, he's just good enough to play it at a high enough level that's worth millions, even at the league minimum
three million dollars a year

as the world turns, Austin's story is not so tragic ;-)
$50 million
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
User avatar
esqtvd
Head Coach
Posts: 6,208
And1: 1,556
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1688 » by esqtvd » Wed Feb 3, 2021 7:13 am

not the NBA but :-D

Read on Twitter
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
Posts: 37,664
And1: 17,394
Joined: Jun 23, 2004
Location: NBA Fan
 

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1689 » by og15 » Tue Feb 9, 2021 3:35 am

I didn't realize how bad this was before, so pardon me if this is known to everyone else, but I just mentioned on the GB how I realized that the Wizards are 2-12 with Westbrook and 4-3 without him after tonight, yikes!
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
Posts: 37,664
And1: 17,394
Joined: Jun 23, 2004
Location: NBA Fan
 

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1690 » by og15 » Tue Feb 9, 2021 4:15 am


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
esqtvd
Head Coach
Posts: 6,208
And1: 1,556
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1691 » by esqtvd » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:39 am

"James’ flop was blatant, but he did get the call. That infuriated the Grizzlies’ announcers, which you can hear in this video. In the end, James may well have no regrets about this one."

Read on Twitter
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
User avatar
ForeverRDjazz
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,607
And1: 355
Joined: Jan 08, 2017
     

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1692 » by ForeverRDjazz » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:33 am

MartinToVaught wrote:Knicks fans already want Austin benched, that was fast. At some point, people need to stop pretending he hasn't been one of the worst players in the league throughout his career.

Good luck Clips fans tomorrow. FYI I'm just glad Doc's son isn't on your team this year. He freaking kills Utah every time he plays us! Worst player in the league? For Utah he has been!
TheNewEra
RealGM
Posts: 24,334
And1: 7,675
Joined: Aug 28, 2008
Location: Lob City
       

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1693 » by TheNewEra » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:14 am

ForeverRDjazz wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:Knicks fans already want Austin benched, that was fast. At some point, people need to stop pretending he hasn't been one of the worst players in the league throughout his career.

Good luck Clips fans tomorrow. FYI I'm just glad Doc's son isn't on your team this year. He freaking kills Utah every time he plays us! Worst player in the league? For Utah he has been!


Austin has one of the oddest careers in the league. Tomorrow should be interesting but it seems like everyone will be out again
User avatar
ForeverRDjazz
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,607
And1: 355
Joined: Jan 08, 2017
     

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1694 » by ForeverRDjazz » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:08 am

TheNewEra wrote:
ForeverRDjazz wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:Knicks fans already want Austin benched, that was fast. At some point, people need to stop pretending he hasn't been one of the worst players in the league throughout his career.

Good luck Clips fans tomorrow. FYI I'm just glad Doc's son isn't on your team this year. He freaking kills Utah every time he plays us! Worst player in the league? For Utah he has been!


Austin has one of the oddest careers in the league. Tomorrow should be interesting but it seems like everyone will be out again
I love to hate Austin because he killed us. Good chance Conley will also be out. These are the games I love watching the most. Only wish both teams were fully loading and healthy.
TheNewEra
RealGM
Posts: 24,334
And1: 7,675
Joined: Aug 28, 2008
Location: Lob City
       

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1695 » by TheNewEra » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:22 pm

Lonzo Ball looking great
User avatar
esqtvd
Head Coach
Posts: 6,208
And1: 1,556
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1696 » by esqtvd » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:55 am

Wow, do the Celts blow dogs or what? I remember hearing how much smarter Brad Stevens was than our coach and what a genius Ainge was too. What did he do with those 50 draft picks he stockpiled?
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
User avatar
esqtvd
Head Coach
Posts: 6,208
And1: 1,556
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1697 » by esqtvd » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:58 am

TheNewEra wrote:Lonzo Ball looking great


Probably never be an all-star but Ricky Rubio being his ceiling is no sin. Shame [for him] he came in with so much hype.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
Posts: 37,664
And1: 17,394
Joined: Jun 23, 2004
Location: NBA Fan
 

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1698 » by og15 » Fri Mar 5, 2021 5:27 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
User avatar
esqtvd
Head Coach
Posts: 6,208
And1: 1,556
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1699 » by esqtvd » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:38 am

Might be the Drummond talk and he certainly hasn't recovered from his grandmother's death. Trezz is suffering. :-(

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
Posts: 37,664
And1: 17,394
Joined: Jun 23, 2004
Location: NBA Fan
 

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1700 » by og15 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:22 pm

Well, LeBron is out for a while, that sucks for the Lakers, but it will benefit the Clippers. LeBron having an injury that forces him out is always odd to me, I just don't ever think he can get injured, lol

Return to Los Angeles Clippers