Around the NBA II

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1721 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:29 am

Read on Twitter

Man, if only a certain other coach had done this last year, imagine how different things would have been. (Cue the "but, but, PG and Kawhi missed shots in Game 7!" argument, as if Doc and Trez hadn't already choked the series away by then.)
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,225

Post#1722 » by Clemenza » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:19 am

Trez with a DNP tonight. Wow! From 6th man of the year to DNP's. RIP to the Lakers locker room
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,204

Post#1723 » by Max Headrom » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:32 am

There are some Laker fans really saying they wanted the 6th seed to play the Clippers in the first round. Boy would they be in for a rude awakening...lol
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#1724 » by NippySudz » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:30 am

Max Headrom wrote:There are some Laker fans really saying they wanted the 6th seed to play the Clippers in the first round. Boy would they be in for a rude awakening...lol

I still think the lakers are no joke. Lebron does a lot of special things. He makes it all work.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#1725 » by NippySudz » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:32 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
Read on Twitter

Man, if only a certain other coach had done this last year, imagine how different things would have been. (Cue the "but, but, PG and Kawhi missed shots in Game 7!" argument, as if Doc and Trez hadn't already choked the series away by then.)

Read on Twitter

Vogel is making up bull. He 100% wasn't okay with it. Just showing face. At this point in Harrell's career, he doesn't have a choice but to play along. He thought he was on the same level as PG and quickly finding out, it's not the case. I really would be shocked if this guy got considerable playing time in the playoffs. They'll use him in spurts, but he won't play a lot and credit to vogel if he doesn't.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 727

Post#1726 » by Captain Ballmer » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:28 am

Vogel is clearly a good coach.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
Max Headrom
Sixth Man

Post#1727 » by Max Headrom » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:53 pm

NippySudz wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:There are some Laker fans really saying they wanted the 6th seed to play the Clippers in the first round. Boy would they be in for a rude awakening...lol

I still think the lakers are no joke. Lebron does a lot of special things. He makes it all work.

Eh, even last year's team presented a match up problems for the Lakers and this team is way better than last year. They remind me of the Clippers last year and they don't look cohesive this year. They don't scare me at all
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,290

Post#1728 » by playaloc916 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:26 am

I'd prefer a later matchup with the Lakers, but a first round matchup at least guarantees it will happen.... It seems the two teams are destined to meet in the playoffs, yet something always prevents it from happening. There was last year, and that year the Suns beat the Lakers in the first round on a lucky Tim Thomas 3? Then the Suns went on to eliminate the Clips after some boneheaded plays (Cassell 8 seconds and Raja Bell 3).
Max Headrom
Sixth Man

Post#1729 » by Max Headrom » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:49 am

playaloc916 wrote:

I'd prefer a later matchup with the Lakers, but a first round matchup at least guarantees it will happen.... It seems the two teams are destined to meet in the playoffs, yet something always prevents it from happening. There was last year, and that year the Suns beat the Lakers in the first round on a lucky Tim Thomas 3? Then the Suns went on to eliminate the Clips after some boneheaded plays (Cassell 8 seconds and Raja Bell 3).

I think you'd actually prefer playing the Lakers while Davis and LeBron are still rusty. And later or early, I still think the Clippers beat them if healthy. They have no one that can check Kawhi or PG and really believe based off of eye test and stats that the Clippers are a match up problem for the Lakers
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#1730 » by Clemenza » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:59 pm

OKC have shut SGA down for the season but labeling it as an "injury". That sucks for him as he's in a contract year and he could be furthering his development into star player status. Sitting Hortford I get because he's made his name and money already but a kid like SGA is too young to sit out for a tank job. They have 17 first rounders coming up in the upcoming years so don't be surprised if he's eventually not in their future plans.
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,290

Post#1731 » by playaloc916 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:00 pm

Max Headrom wrote:
playaloc916 wrote:

I think you'd actually prefer playing the Lakers while Davis and LeBron are still rusty. And later or early, I still think the Clippers beat them if healthy. They have no one that can check Kawhi or PG and really believe based off of eye test and stats that the Clippers are a match up problem for the Lakers

That's a good point. I also think Rondo will have extra motivation against the Lakers, which may trickle down to Boogie as well. I'm legit more excited about this year than last year.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#1732 » by esqtvd » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:09 am

I didnt know it was THIS bad

Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#1733 » by Clemenza » Sat May 1, 2021 5:37 am

Read on Twitter
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,409

Post#1734 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat May 1, 2021 1:33 pm

Drafting Robinson over Porter Jr. is looking worse and worse. I know they were concerned about MPJ's health, but if they knew he had even a fraction of the talent he has shown then it is unforgivable to overlook him- especially with having back to back picks. Quite upsetting.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#1735 » by Clemenza » Sat May 1, 2021 4:30 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:Drafting Robinson over Porter Jr. is looking worse and worse. I know they were concerned about MPJ's health, but if they knew he had even a fraction of the talent he has shown then it is unforgivable to overlook him- especially with having back to back picks. Quite upsetting.

Its was asinine on draft night when it happened and now its at an unbelievable level of horrific-ness at this point. Elgin Baylor/Sterling wouldn't have even screwed that up
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#1736 » by NippySudz » Mon May 3, 2021 5:38 pm

so Dennis shroeder revealed Lebron is not vaccinated. Ouch.

I hope the clipper players are, star players at least, but something tells me we would have saw it if they were. If we lose someone to covid, omg, I'm going to kill myself.
Max Headrom
Sixth Man

Post#1737 » by Max Headrom » Tue May 4, 2021 4:21 am

Just remember, Jerry West is the main reason the Clippers took Robinson.

Also, looks like the Lakers might do the Clippers a favor with a win tonight
LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,096

Post#1738 » by LamarWho » Tue May 4, 2021 5:02 am

Max Headrom wrote:Just remember, Jerry West is the main reason the Clippers took Robinson.

Vogel made the adjustment in the 2nd half to bench Benedict in favor of Gasol. The result speaked for itself.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#1739 » by MartinToVaught » Tue May 4, 2021 5:30 am

Read on Twitter

Holy crap. Doc is straight-up DELUSIONAL.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#1740 » by NippySudz » Tue May 4, 2021 7:28 am

LamarWho wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:Just remember, Jerry West is the main reason the Clippers took Robinson.

Vogel made the adjustment in the 2nd half to bench Benedict in favor of Gasol. The result speaked for itself.

He was forced to bench drummond and brough in gasol.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers