Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1781 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Jun 1, 2021 2:04 am

Is Doc going to become #The3-0Bum?
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#1782 » by NippySudz » Tue Jun 1, 2021 9:01 am

I still want a Clippers-Lakers WCF for the theater.

But without the theater, I want to see Clippers-Phx for the WCF.

Utah is going to be tough. If we beat Utah, I believe we are going to the finals. One game at a time!
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
And1: 240

Post#1783 » by RingColluder » Wed Jun 2, 2021 2:30 am

Where were those posts were people were saying how easy a Suns matchup would be? :lol: :lol: :lol: I believe in that Suns thread..
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 28,807

Post#1784 » by og15 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 3:47 am

RingColluder wrote:Where were those posts were people were saying how easy a Suns matchup would be? :lol: :lol: :lol: I believe in that Suns thread..

Not sure I remember anyone calling the Suns an "easy" matchup, but one can always find some random person who said something I suppose.

I mean I was a bit confused when you said there was arrogance on the Clippers board about the Mavs matchup and proud proclamations of Clippers in 4, then I checked the series preview thread and saw responses like, " I would not suprise at all if we lose it.", "It’s going to be tough without a doubt", "I don't think the Mavs are going to roll over", "not worried about beating the mavs. but i do think the team is gonna look rough for at least a couple games", then one facetious joke post about sweeping if we bench PG. If you then concluded from all those posts that the Clippers board was arrogant about the matchup and thinking sweep, then you sure you aren't hyperbolizing this too?
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#1785 » by og15 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 3:50 am

Tough night for the Lakers, but no AD, Lebron off, they have no clue how to protect the paint vs the Suns, and Booker after being cold on the road (and really since game 1) started off hot. If they aren't close enough by the end of the third, just time to pack it up and play another day, try and win two in a row.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#1786 » by og15 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 3:58 am

Nuggets vs Blazers just trying to entertain us, Lillard just going off
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#1787 » by RingColluder » Wed Jun 2, 2021 4:00 am

og15 wrote:
RingColluder wrote:Where were those posts were people were saying how easy a Suns matchup would be? :lol: :lol: :lol: I believe in that Suns thread..

Not sure I remember anyone calling the Suns an "easy" matchup, but one can always find some random person who said something I suppose.

I mean I was a bit confused when you said there was arrogance on the Clippers board about the Mavs matchup and proud proclamations of Clippers in 4, then I checked the series preview thread and saw responses like, " I would not suprise at all if we lose it.", "It’s going to be tough without a doubt", "I don't think the Mavs are going to roll over", "not worried about beating the mavs. but i do think the team is gonna look rough for at least a couple games", then one facetious joke post about sweeping if we bench PG. If you then concluded from all those posts that the Clippers board was arrogant about the matchup and thinking sweep, then you sure you aren't hyperbolizing this too?

I recall many people even after our loss how confident they felt a matchup with them would be. Definitely more than one person.

And there was arrogance from at least 2 posters on the Mavs (who I will not mention, but I'm sure you could deduce it), if I recall but not in the Mavs thread but the GT where it was relatively official we were playing them.. maybe the 2nd or 3rd to last game? I can check at some point but one poster who makes quite bold proclamations cockily exclaimed how easy the series would be against the Mavs..
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,157

Post#1788 » by Max Headrom » Wed Jun 2, 2021 4:02 am

You guys hear that sound??

It's the beautiful sound of silence from the many entitled, cocky Laker fans and it's my favorite sound in the world :D 8-)
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#1789 » by og15 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 4:12 am

RingColluder wrote:
og15 wrote:

I recall many people even after our loss how confident they felt a matchup with them would be. Definitely more than one person.

And there was arrogance from at least 2 posters on the Mavs (who I will not mention, but I'm sure you could deduce it), if I recall but not in the Mavs thread but the GT where it was relatively official we were playing them.. maybe the 2nd or 3rd to last game? I can check at some point but one poster who makes quite bold proclamations cockily exclaimed how easy the series would be against the Mavs..

Honestly not sure why people would be overconfident in any Western matchup vs a top 4 team or think any team (except Memphis) is easy. That said, one can always find outliers, but the general tone of the board was in no way represented by thinking Dallas was a push over opponent. Wouldn't make sense since most people didn't even want to match up with Dallas in the first place :lol:
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#1790 » by RingColluder » Wed Jun 2, 2021 4:14 am

og15 wrote:
RingColluder wrote:
og15 wrote:Not sure I remember anyone calling the Suns an "easy" matchup, but one can always find some random person who said something I suppose.

Honestly not sure why people would be overconfident in any Western matchup vs a top 4 team or think any team (except Memphis) is easy. That said, one can always find outliers, but the general tone of the board was in no way represented by thinking Dallas was a push over opponent. Wouldn't make sense since most people didn't even want to match up with Dallas in the first place :lol:

I agree! I only liked the Grizzlies and Trailblazers matchups (still like them even after Dame's game tonight). But there aren't THAT many posters on this board (maybe 8-10 active ones) so when 2 or so post in that manner that's already 20-25% of the board :lol:
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#1791 » by og15 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 4:18 am

I know Vogel has issues with Harrell's defense and such, but they couldn't defend anyways, why didn't he try him out more?
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,128

Post#1792 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Jun 2, 2021 4:21 am

og15 wrote:I know Vogel has issues with Harrell's defense and such, but they couldn't defend anyways, why didn't he try him out more?

Probably because, unlike Doc, he knows Trez is a fraud.
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,157

Post#1793 » by Max Headrom » Wed Jun 2, 2021 4:22 am

og15 wrote:I know Vogel has issues with Harrell's defense and such, but they couldn't defend anyways, why didn't he try him out more?

Just glad it's not our problem anymore...lol
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#1794 » by RingColluder » Wed Jun 2, 2021 4:39 am

I miss Trez. Lakers are making a big mistake not at least putting him in for some energy!!
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 961

Post#1795 » by clipperlover » Wed Jun 2, 2021 4:54 am

The Suns were on their way home until AD went down. Now, they are getting a false sense of success. If they make it through, they will get a Denver team that has overcome adversity and is battle tested for the third straight playoffs.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#1796 » by og15 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 3:55 pm

clipperlover wrote:The Suns were on their way home until AD went down. Now, they are getting a false sense of success. If they make it through, they will get a Denver team that has overcome adversity and is battle tested for the third straight playoffs.

I mean they had CP3 significantly hampered for their first couple of games, even dribbling withhis dominant right hand like he's DeAndre Jordan and clogging the floor because he couldn't shoot three's. He's better but still not as healthy as one would want, and still avoiding three's. They (Suns) could have been the ones up if that didn't happen. They had also tied the previous game before AD went down, so I wouldn't really crown either team here, a lot of injuries have been a factor.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 961

Post#1797 » by clipperlover » Wed Jun 2, 2021 10:32 pm

og15 wrote:
clipperlover wrote:The Suns were on their way home until AD went down. Now, they are getting a false sense of success. If they make it through, they will get a Denver team that has overcome adversity and is battle tested for the third straight playoffs.

I mean they had CP3 significantly hampered for their first couple of games, even dribbling withhis dominant right hand like he's DeAndre Jordan and clogging the floor because he couldn't shoot three's. He's better but still not as healthy as one would want, and still avoiding three's. They (Suns) could have been the ones up if that didn't happen. They had also tied the previous game before AD went down, so I wouldn't really crown either team here, a lot of injuries have been a factor.

Except CP3 getting injured in the playoffs is almost a given. That and choking away a possession in a crucial moment.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#1798 » by og15 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 11:24 pm

clipperlover wrote:
og15 wrote:

Except CP3 getting injured in the playoffs is almost a given. That and choking away a possession in a crucial moment.

Whether it is common or not doesn't negate the advantage it affords the opponent. Davis suffering an injury is not uncommon. Last season with the long break before the season restarted might not have accurately represented his durability through a playoff run.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#1799 » by NippySudz » Wed Jun 2, 2021 11:27 pm

Is Doc going to squander another 3-1 lead? I don't care if embiid is out. Surely, he can win one game with this team, right?
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#1800 » by NippySudz » Wed Jun 2, 2021 11:28 pm

RingColluder wrote:I miss Trez. Lakers are making a big mistake not at least putting him in for some energy!!

What? You serious? :lol:

No disrespect, but Trezz ain't that guy he thinks he is.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers