ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA II

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan, QRich3

User avatar
MartinToVaught
RealGM
Posts: 12,146
And1: 14,831
Joined: Oct 19, 2014
     

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1821 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Jun 4, 2021 3:29 am

og15 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:For all the remaining Trez apologists: your guy is getting humiliated by Dario Saric. At least last year you could use the excuses that Boban is too big and Jokic is too good. What's the excuse now?

It's Kaminsky, I made the same mistake :lol:

Lakers looking BAD though, wow, like bad bad

Whoops, thanks for pointing that out. :lol:
Image
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
Posts: 963
And1: 240
Joined: Mar 02, 2021

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1822 » by RingColluder » Fri Jun 4, 2021 3:30 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
RingColluder wrote:This is EXACTLY why I wanted to play the Lakers in round 1. Was I the only one??

The Lakers were injured and depleted. Even if we lost in round 2 at least we would have been able to beat this AD-less Lakers team.


Unbelievable.

We're still the Clippers. If they were playing us, AD would be having the game of his life tonight, injury be damned, instead of limping out of the game after a few minutes. We'd be making Schroder, KCP and Kuzma look like Curry, Klay and Ray Allen all series. And on top of that, we'd still have Playoff LeBron to contend with.

It's whatever at this point. Here's hoping LeBron demands a trade to the Clippers and makes this all worth it.


No, we would have won this series. Like the Trailblazers we match up well with the Lakers. Unless you'd be forced to admit Trez would destroy us against Zu but I doubt you'll say that..

Not sure of contracts but I can easily see Kawhi going to the Lakers especially with AD's injury..
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
Posts: 963
And1: 240
Joined: Mar 02, 2021

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1823 » by RingColluder » Fri Jun 4, 2021 6:50 am

Read on Twitter


If we can trade Paul George for Dame Lillard we are winning a ring. PLEASE.
User avatar
MartinToVaught
RealGM
Posts: 12,146
And1: 14,831
Joined: Oct 19, 2014
     

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1824 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Jun 4, 2021 9:16 pm

I would be very surprised if he asked out of Portland. It's best for his brand to stay.
Image
LamarWho
Junior
Posts: 388
And1: 219
Joined: Oct 06, 2019

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1825 » by LamarWho » Fri Jun 4, 2021 10:10 pm

Why would they trade Dame? He's not the problem. Plus he's the face of the franchise.

Just like how we were stuck with Doc and stayed plateaued for all those years, they been stuck with an overrated coach in Stotts. I expect to see serious house cleaning for them this summer.

Their biggest issue, for the longest time, is defense. You need a brand new coaching staff from top to bottom to change the culture. I would trade McCollum for bigger and more athletic wing players. Keep RoCo and Nurk since they are good defenders.
User avatar
MartinToVaught
RealGM
Posts: 12,146
And1: 14,831
Joined: Oct 19, 2014
     

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1826 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Jun 6, 2021 12:25 am

Read on Twitter


I still miss Blake. Maybe he'll finally get some respect from casual fans with the toughness and grit he's showing tonight.
Image
NippySudz
Analyst
Posts: 3,440
And1: 1,215
Joined: Jul 08, 2019

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1827 » by NippySudz » Mon Jun 7, 2021 3:40 am

Doc being Doc

Read on Twitter
User avatar
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
Posts: 6,945
And1: 1,886
Joined: Jan 30, 2012
Location: Charlotte
     

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1828 » by mttwlsn16 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 5:55 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
Read on Twitter


I still miss Blake. Maybe he'll finally get some respect from casual fans with the toughness and grit he's showing tonight.
Makes me think Blake just quit on the Pistons to get out.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Image
User avatar
MartinToVaught
RealGM
Posts: 12,146
And1: 14,831
Joined: Oct 19, 2014
     

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1829 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:36 pm

mttwlsn16 wrote:Makes me think Blake just quit on the Pistons to get out.

You must not have watched him in Detroit. He was great for them until his body finally broke down from all the injuries and their front office had no choice but to start tanking. Blake isn't a quitter.
Image
User avatar
Quake Griffin
RealGM
Posts: 15,197
And1: 4,522
Joined: Jul 06, 2012
     

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1830 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:57 pm

Enjoying Blake, the Hustling big off the bench.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
Posts: 38,907
And1: 18,472
Joined: Jun 23, 2004
Location: NBA Fan
 

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1831 » by og15 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 5:12 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:Makes me think Blake just quit on the Pistons to get out.

You must not have watched him in Detroit. He was great for them until his body finally broke down from all the injuries and their front office had no choice but to start tanking. Blake isn't a quitter.

Nah, this last season on the Pistons he had clearly checked out, it is what it is, but he was generally just coasting up and down the floor, shoot a couple of three's, minimal effort on defense. His body broke down, but so did his spirit.
User avatar
esqtvd
Head Coach
Posts: 6,670
And1: 1,783
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1832 » by esqtvd » Tue Jun 8, 2021 12:17 am

og15 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:Makes me think Blake just quit on the Pistons to get out.

You must not have watched him in Detroit. He was great for them until his body finally broke down from all the injuries and their front office had no choice but to start tanking. Blake isn't a quitter.


Nah, this last season on the Pistons he had clearly checked out, it is what it is, but he was generally just coasting up and down the floor, shoot a couple of three's, minimal effort on defense. His body broke down, but so did his spirit.


He was stealing their money. No effort at leadership or mentoring even.

Barkley just had an interesting point though--don't be misled by Blake's big game--Chuckster said he'd have one good game like that at age 35 then hurt for two weeks!! We shall see.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
User avatar
MartinToVaught
RealGM
Posts: 12,146
And1: 14,831
Joined: Oct 19, 2014
     

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1833 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Jun 8, 2021 12:26 am

Blake legitimately has Giannis shook right now. The Clippers need to bring back Blake next season!

Read on Twitter
Image
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
Posts: 38,907
And1: 18,472
Joined: Jun 23, 2004
Location: NBA Fan
 

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1834 » by og15 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 12:48 am

MartinToVaught wrote:Blake legitimately has Giannis shook right now. The Clippers need to bring back Blake next season!

Read on Twitter

Tough start to the series for the Bucks. On the other hand, if they end up losing tonight, down 2-0 after road games, even getting blown out has happened before and it is 2-2 after 4 games, so for me until it is 3-0 or 3-1, it's not interesting yet.
User avatar
MartinToVaught
RealGM
Posts: 12,146
And1: 14,831
Joined: Oct 19, 2014
     

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1835 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:42 am

Hate to say it, but Doc probably blew our only chance last season. Durant broke the league again and the Nets probably have the next three rings minimum on lock. The day KD retires will be one of the greatest days in NBA history. :noway:
Image
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
Posts: 38,907
And1: 18,472
Joined: Jun 23, 2004
Location: NBA Fan
 

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1836 » by og15 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:35 am

MartinToVaught wrote:Hate to say it, but Doc probably blew our only chance last season. Durant broke the league again and the Nets probably have the next three rings minimum on lock. The day KD retires will be one of the greatest days in NBA history. :noway:

Harden isn't even playing right now though, so I'd say part of this is Bud still kind of supporting the idea that he's a great regular season coach, but pretty average playoff coach. Irving/Durant, elite shooter in Joe Harris, post-prime Blake Griffin and random role players they picked up from all over is what has destroyed the Bucks in two games, not some super team.

Of course, sure, when Harden comes back, they are a beast, but the current commentary should be about Milwaukee's poor showing in game 1 and 2. They need to win game 3 and 4 at home.
Clemenza
Analyst
Posts: 3,529
And1: 2,570
Joined: Jan 21, 2013
Location: California
   

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1837 » by Clemenza » Tue Jun 8, 2021 7:15 am

I better not ever hear anyone mention the Bucks having the prototype #1 and #2 guy on here ever again.
NippySudz
Analyst
Posts: 3,440
And1: 1,215
Joined: Jul 08, 2019

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1838 » by NippySudz » Tue Jun 8, 2021 7:28 am

If Mike budenholzer wasn't the coach and they weren't going against kdo, I'd give these guys a chance to come back 0-2. We'll see. I want the bucks to win.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
Clemenza
Analyst
Posts: 3,529
And1: 2,570
Joined: Jan 21, 2013
Location: California
   

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1839 » by Clemenza » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:11 am

So what would the consensus be around here if Ben Simmons was our #2 guy?

Sunday 3/10 17points 10assists 4reb
Tonight 2/3 4 points 7assists 3reb
User avatar
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
Posts: 6,945
And1: 1,886
Joined: Jan 30, 2012
Location: Charlotte
     

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1840 » by mttwlsn16 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:13 am

Clemenza wrote:So what would the consensus be around here if Ben Simmons was our #2 guy?

Sunday 3/10 17points 10assists 4reb
Tonight 2/3 4 points 7assists 3reb
Ben Simmons is trash

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Image

Return to Los Angeles Clippers