Around the NBA II

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,320

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#2361 » by og15 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:52 pm

The more picks you have, the higher chance you have to get a contributor, and they are cheap for a little bit. Makes sense for Denver, productive players on their first contract are the best bargain in the league, so gotta take advantage of it when you can since payrolls can start to skyrocket when re-signing productive vets.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,276

Post#2362 » by wco81 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:17 pm

Looks like Denver is trying to avoid the second apron.

They're going to have to give Jokic a super max in a year or two and Murray a year or two after that.
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,738

Post#2363 » by KL2 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:05 pm

Read on Twitter
KL2
Analyst

Post#2364 » by KL2 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:57 pm

Read on Twitter

Whew
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,250

Post#2365 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:05 pm

I would puke if we traded that much for Bradley freaking Beal.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,476

Post#2366 » by Ballings7 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:37 pm

Feel like Golden State is going to get Myles Turner next.. they still need skilled-size up front past Green/Looney, and they know it.

Indiana wants wing talent = Kuminga package from GS with another established player.

We'll see.

Had a feeling GS was going to get CP3.. should fit in fine there, him and Draymond will probably get into it enough but shouldn't bother the team too much. I don't see him starting but finishing games selectively; will help them though in their system, and Curry/Draymond lesser load.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
KL2
Analyst

Post#2367 » by KL2 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:05 am

Interesting trades.

OKC getting better.

Winger wasting no time getting Washington on a better track too.
wakelaunch1
Senior
And1: 382

Post#2368 » by wakelaunch1 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:03 am

lol
Read on Twitter
?s=20
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,250

Post#2369 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:12 pm

Read on Twitter

This guy has low-key been annoying ever since the days of him whining about not making all-star teams.

And the whole "loyalty" card as an excuse for his diva behavior is also wearing pretty thin. There's a difference between loyalty and convenience. True loyalty involves sacrificing to do what's best for the team - Duncan and Dirk taking paycuts, DRob and Wade graciously stepping aside for Duncan and LeBron to run the show, etc. It's not a one-way street.

Lillard hogs every last penny he can get out of the Blazers' salary cap and stays around just to make the most money and be the big fish in a small pond. Then he complains about not winning and complains when the Blazers draft their next star. His "loyalty" is just a marketing campaign.
wakelaunch1
Senior

Post#2370 » by wakelaunch1 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:11 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
Read on Twitter

This guy has low-key been annoying ever since the days of him whining about not making all-star teams.

And the whole "loyalty" card as an excuse for his diva behavior is also wearing pretty thin. There's a difference between loyalty and convenience. True loyalty involves sacrificing to do what's best for the team - Duncan and Dirk taking paycuts, DRob and Wade graciously stepping aside for Duncan and LeBron to run the show, etc. It's not a one-way street.

Lillard hogs every last penny he can get out of the Blazers' salary cap and stays around just to make the most money and be the big fish in a small pond. Then he complains about not winning and complains when the Blazers draft their next star. His "loyalty" is just a marketing campaign.

I agree but he is still a 100000000 times better fit basketball wise with either PG/Kawhi. Kawhi/PG is one of the worst pairings. I would take him over PG and fill in the rest. Or send PG to Portland for Scoot. Two wings that basically play the same position is a terrible way to build a team.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,919

Post#2371 » by esqtvd » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:44 pm

poor Tobi

Philly is a tough town

Read on Twitter
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
wakelaunch1
Senior

Post#2372 » by wakelaunch1 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:37 pm

esqtvd wrote:poor Tobi

Philly is a tough town

Read on Twitter

I would do Morris, Powell, and Coffey

For Harris.

Put Harris at the 4.

Harris is also on a 1 year deal so cap space freed up after this year.

Westbrook or Bones
PG
Kawhi
Harris
Zubac

Mann
Roco
Boston
Diabate
Plumlee
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#2373 » by esqtvd » Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:50 pm

wakelaunch1 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:poor Tobi

Philly is a tough town

Read on Twitter

I would do Morris, Powell, and Coffey

For Harris.

Put Harris at the 4.

Harris is also on a 1 year deal so cap space freed up after this year.

Westbrook or Bones
PG
Kawhi
Harris
Zubac

Mann
Roco
Boston
Diabate
Plumlee

As a fan of both teams I'm not dealing a productive player for the Clippers' spare parts and trash. If things go well with Nick Nurse it's not impossible to re-sign Tobi at a reduced rate when his contract expires. My interest in Powell would be about a 3, in Coffey 0, and Mook minus-5. He sucks, and we already have PJ Tucker signed long term in the same role.

Otherwise, Tobi can be dealt to a contender at the deadline for a positive return. IMO, the Clippers have nothing anyone wants outside of Mann and Zubac. Maybe Boston as a throw-in sweetener. RoCo as depth and salary ballast or maybe for a second-rounder.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 735

Post#2374 » by Captain Ballmer » Sat Jul 1, 2023 7:57 pm

In case you guys don't see it...

Read on Twitter
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 4,023

Post#2375 » by ejftw » Sat Jul 1, 2023 8:05 pm

Captain Ballmer wrote:In case you guys don't see it...

Read on Twitter

Wish we could've found a road to TyTy, still buying his potential
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 735

Post#2376 » by Captain Ballmer » Sat Jul 1, 2023 8:39 pm

ejftw wrote:

Read on Twitter

I'm more interested on whom Rockets are getting prepared for? They even created more cap space after Brook Lopez stayed with Bucks. They needed C and traded Garuba as well. I mean Zubac coming in as a third team Houston-LAC-Philly. They are the one gonna pay something Zu that Philly interested ?
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,320

Post#2377 » by og15 » Sun Jul 2, 2023 12:11 am

Captain Ballmer wrote:
ejftw wrote:

Read on Twitter

I'm more interested on whom Rockets are getting prepared for? They even created more cap space after Brook Lopez stayed with Bucks. They needed C and traded Garuba as well. I mean Zubac coming in as a third team Houston-LAC-Philly. They are the one gonna pay something Zu that Philly interested ?

They want Tobias Harris I guess??

Or they want to be a third team in some deal, but they wouldn't need cap space cleared for Zubac, they already had enough.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#2378 » by esqtvd » Sun Jul 2, 2023 12:46 am

Max Strus is leaving the Miami Heat for the Cleveland Cavaliers in a sign-and-trade after agreeing to a 4-year, $63 million deal in 2023 NBA free agency

Free agent guard Gabe Vincent is expected to join the Los Angeles Lakers on a three-year, $33 million deal, per multiple reports.

The thing about scoring on second-rounders and undrafted FAs is soon they get PAID too. And the problem is they take 2-3-4 years to develop so by the time they're of any use, they're on the last year of their minimum contract and then it's time to pay the piper.

"Developing" talent is all well and good but the clock's ticking. There is no free lunch.
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,431

Post#2379 » by TrueLAfan » Tue Jul 4, 2023 8:44 pm

So, the stealth success continues. Sacramento is killing it this offseason. Killing it.

--Restructured and extended Sabonis
--Resigned Barnes at a good price (3 years/$54 million)
--Resigned Trey Lyles at a good price (2 years/$16 million)

Those are big moves. Sabonis is an All-NBA player. Barnes is an above average starter and has become a better defender. Lyles, as I’ve said for a while, is a perfect modern backup 4/5—he’d be immensely valuable for us. Instead, he’ll remain a key component on a top level team.

The kicker is the offbeat trade moves and signings and what they’re set up for now.

--First, they traded the #24 pick and Richaun Holmes for what I assume will be nothing—almost certainly a future second rounder. Out of context, that looks stupid. Holmes hasn’t played much recently, but he could end up being productive. But for the Kings, he didn’t play at all on a team that improved—so why keep him ... and his $12 million cap hit?
--Traded the #38 pick and a future second rounder (the one they’ll get from Dallas) on Colby Jones, who was a steal. Dude is going to be in the league for a long time. Smart player, can play both guard positions or SF, improved his perimeter game, very good defender. The Kings believed in him enough to make him the first player to sign the new second round exception contract—4 years at $8.75 million. That will be a steal, IMO.
--Signed Sasha Veznekov to a 3 year/$20M deal. Who? He’s a Euroleague player. Actually, he’s a good Euroleague player. Okay, he’s the Euroleague MVP. Seriously. 6’9” 225 guy that will play at both forward positions. Fluid, great stroke from outside. Can create his own shot, and passes the ball well.

…which means they swapped

Holmes (who played less than 350 minutes for them last year)
#24 pick
#38 pick

For

Euroleague MVP Sasha Veznekov
Colby Jones (already signed for 4 years at a low, low price)
About $7 million more in cap space to pursue Grant Williams. Or absorb a contract and get more draft picks.

The Kings are on the rise in a big way.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,476

Post#2380 » by Ballings7 » Thu Jul 6, 2023 12:56 am

Re: Kings.. yes I think they'll retain their legitimacy and high-ish seeding (don't think they'll get #3 again though), but, prominent injuries definitely helped them out last season and a flukey mentality Golden State team who will be better chemistry-wise. And, specifically this Clips team was scattered and on-the-fly developed.. which shouldn't happen again with better stability, balance of roles, and talent insurance in the Clips hands.

I wouldn't say their on "the rise" but will be a damn good team again. I want to see them prove it again versus a healthier, more stable west which should make for tougher seeding for Sac to be in the top 3 seeding again.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics

Return to Los Angeles Clippers