ImageImageImageImageImage

Transaction Discussion Part 3 (Trades, Free-Agency, News, Rumors & Ideas)

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Kelphus
Senior
And1: 533

Re: Transaction Discussion Part 3 (Trades, Free-Agency, News, Rumors & Ideas) 

Post#541 » by Kelphus » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:51 pm

Tom!

We've got, what, 12 new guys (officially)... we have already turned over the shopping cart, let's not dump it twice in the same trip. It's academic, I know, they passed. I wonder if that was just a "we're glad to be considered" offer from our front office.... they couldn't have seriously believed they had the assets to do a deal.
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,900

Post#542 » by esqtvd » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:09 pm

Kelphus wrote:Tom!

We've got, what, 12 new guys (officially)... we have already turned over the shopping cart, let's not dump it twice in the same trip. It's academic, I know, they passed. I wonder if that was just a "we're glad to be considered" offer from our front office.... they couldn't have seriously believed they had the assets to do a deal.

As they say in my biz, it never hurts to talk. It was a non-insulting offer, and opened the lines of communication. I'm loving Beverley ALREADY, but he is only 6'1" and is unlikely to become a 20 ppg game guy. And I'm hoping Willie Reed wins 20 mpg of DJ's PT and not just 12, which would probably push DJ out the door with his opt-out. So basically, we offered little, but it sent a message to the league we're open for business. Give us a call!

Good to seeya, bro. 8-)
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,186

Post#543 » by og15 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 2:41 am

DJ played 32 mpg last season, I think Reed should be able to get all the minutes that DJ isn't on the court so he should at least be able to carve out about 16 mpg which is quite solid for a backup.

I'm actually hoping Beverley doesn't try to do too much. He keeps mentioning how he wants to explore what more he can do, but most of our fans like him for what he already does. Efficient and tough two way player. If Beverley takes on more on offense and is a more turnover prone and less efficient scoring version of himself, that's not really too exciting.

We'll see though, it would be nice if he is a capable 15/6 player at the same efficiency while playing that same level of defense.
Jingles2
Junior
And1: 63

Post#544 » by Jingles2 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:03 pm

Pistons fan here with trade proposal. I doubt my Pistons would do this, but would you?

Clippers out: Deandre Jordan, Austin Rivers, Lou Williams, Wesley Johnson, Sam Dekker and a couple firsts

Clippers in: Andre Drummond, Avery Bradley, Reggie Jackson, and Stanley Johnson
TucsonClip
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Post#545 » by TucsonClip » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:04 pm

Pass
Plus, why would I want to go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros.

- Shane Battier
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,956

Post#546 » by ejftw » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:18 pm

Jingles2 wrote:Pistons fan here with trade proposal. I doubt my Pistons would do this, but would you?

Clippers out: Deandre Jordan, Austin Rivers, Lou Williams, Wesley Johnson, Sam Dekker and a couple firsts

Maybe if the firsts were coming to L.A., otherwise, makes 0 sense.
Jingles2
Junior

Post#547 » by Jingles2 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:22 pm

ejftw wrote:
Jingles2 wrote:Pistons fan here with trade proposal. I doubt my Pistons would do this, but would you?

Maybe if the firsts were coming to L.A., otherwise, makes 0 sense.

Yeah, I don't think that would happen. Players wise I would say you are getting the better overall hall, so I don't see us adding picks to that. Drummond is 5 years younger than Jordan and locked up for two more years. I was thinking adding Bradley especially would make your backcourt quite a defensive beast. Bradley and Beverly would probably the best defensive backcourt in the league and Jackson is merely better than Rivers in my opinion.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#548 » by og15 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:26 pm

Pistons wouldn't do it an Clippers wouldn't do it.

DJ is better than Drummond even though Drummond is younger and has more offensive usage. Drummond unless he can become more effective actually needs to reduce his usage. For Detroit, DJ has an opt out, can they convince him to stay? Why take that chance.

For the Clippers, Avery Bradley is nice, but but he's an upcoming FA looking for a nice raise, more than what Austin is making. Reggie Jackson is also signed for 3 more seasons at $16-18 million, and his fit with Blake is not really one I would call ideal in any way.

Then the Clippers would need to give a couple of 1st round picks? Johnson seemed to have all the potential, but so far, Dekker has been the better NBA player. Just doesn't make much sense, sorry.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#549 » by Neddy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:09 pm

haha no.
ehhhhh f it.
Jingles2
Junior

Post#550 » by Jingles2 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:07 am

Neddy wrote:haha no.

Okay. Any interest in Bradley, who is in the last year of his deal, but is a west coast guy? Beverly and Bradley would be a nice defensive backcourt. Maybe Williams and Dekker for Bradley. Bradley is definitely worth more than Williams and is the best player in the deal. Williams is in the last year of his deal too, so I guess it depends on how much you value Dekker. He's a potential starter down the road, but I'm sure he's behind Danilo this year and he may never be more than a backup.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#551 » by Neddy » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:13 am

Jingles2 wrote:
Neddy wrote:haha no.

Okay. Any interest in Bradley, who is in the last year of his deal, but is a west coast guy? Beverly and Bradley would be a nice defensive backcourt. Maybe Williams and Dekker for Bradley. Bradley is definitely worth more than Williams and is the best player in the deal. Williams is in the last year of his deal too, so I guess it depends on how much you value Dekker. He's a potential starter down the road, but I'm sure he's behind Danilo this year and he may never be more than a backup.

well? that modified counter offer is more reasonable, but we aren't about to compete for the 'ship, so trading out another young future asset makes no sense for us. love Bradley tho, wish we had him the last 2 years alongside of CP3 and Luc. but it is what it is now. we are in semi rebuilding mode. I do agree Bradley is worth more than Williams. Lou is just a younger version of Jamal who was a net negative player for us.

as for Dekker tho, it is true that if Gallo plays out his contact with us, he could be wasted. but I don't necessarily believe that is the case. either Gallo or Dekker will be a part of a blockbuster package of the newly installed FO of ours. even Blake is not safe. our boss big ole Steve wants to win and win now and tomorrow and the day after, and hiring all these brain trust of NBA at premium means we are about to wheel and deal the next 3 years to make Ballmer's dream come true. Im sure DeAndre is gonna be the first victim of it, but I still wouldn't want to trade him in your original offer.

BTW, it is cool of you to come back with a counter offer. most would be pouting and complaining about not getting a positive feedback. kudos, my man.
ehhhhh f it.
TucsonClip
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Post#552 » by TucsonClip » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:24 pm

No chance we lock up even more money on Bradley next summer. That would be another pass.
Plus, why would I want to go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros.

- Shane Battier
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#553 » by og15 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:53 pm

Yea, Bradley is nice, but if the goal is to win a championship, paying $20 million on Avery Bradley to add to Griffin at $30 million, Gallo at $22 million, and DJ who is looking to be re-signed between at least $25-30 million, that's not a championship team, but you're already over the cap with those 4 players and your small contracts.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#554 » by jcsunsfan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:45 pm

Why are the Pistons shopping Drummond?
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,900

Post#555 » by esqtvd » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:34 pm

Van Gundy says he wants Andre Drummond to play more like DeAndre Jordan
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/van-gundy-says-he-wants-andre-drummond-to-play-more-like-deandre-jordan/

"The step, to me, for Andre is to do a little bit of what DeAndre Jordan does and dominate the game at the defensive end of the floor. Become that All-Defense type of guy. Because he's already a historically great rebounder and to add to that becoming a great defender and build his game from there and everything to be built around the basket – his pick and rolls, going to the rim, running the floor, all of that."
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,190

Post#556 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Nov 2, 2017 4:56 pm

With Tristan Thompson out for at least a month and the Cavs off to a slow start, now is the time to see if we can fleece the Cavs out of the Brooklyn pick in a trade for DJ. They're probably not dumb enough to do it, but it can't hurt to ask.
JayClips92
Junior
And1: 147

Post#557 » by JayClips92 » Fri Nov 3, 2017 7:15 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:With Tristan Thompson out for at least a month and the Cavs off to a slow start, now is the time to see if we can fleece the Cavs out of the Brooklyn pick in a trade for DJ. They're probably not dumb enough to do it, but it can't hurt to ask.

I'd do that if we could trade Wes Johnson and a 2nd rounder for Okafor
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#558 » by og15 » Fri Nov 3, 2017 11:02 pm

Cavs are dumb, their defense was garbage last season too, they have needed a mobile big that can protect the rim for some time. There are even cheap ones like Willie Reed who were on the market, but they did other stuff. I have no specific desire to help them.

Aren't we still trying to win this season? If so, why would we be trading DJ? The only way we trade him is if the team has decided they don't want to bring him back, or DJ has decided he doesn't want to return.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#559 » by og15 » Fri Nov 3, 2017 11:28 pm

JayClips92 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:With Tristan Thompson out for at least a month and the Cavs off to a slow start, now is the time to see if we can fleece the Cavs out of the Brooklyn pick in a trade for DJ. They're probably not dumb enough to do it, but it can't hurt to ask.

I'd do that if we could trade Wes Johnson and a 2nd rounder for Okafor

Does Okafor fit here? Pairing Blake with a poor defensive and rebounding big doesn't seem like a recipe for success
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,190

Post#560 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Nov 3, 2017 11:32 pm

og15 wrote:Cavs are dumb, their defense was garbage last season too, they have needed a mobile big that can protect the rim for some time. There are even cheap ones like Willie Reed who were on the market, but they did other stuff. I have no specific desire to help them.

Aren't we still trying to win this season? If so, why would we be trading DJ? The only way we trade him is if the team has decided they don't want to bring him back, or DJ has decided he doesn't want to return.

IMO, we can still win with Reed and Harrell - and then add an elite prospect like Doncic (my personal favorite), Porter or Ayton to pair with Blake.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers