ImageImageImageImageImage

Transaction Discussion Part 3 (Trades, Free-Agency, News, Rumors & Ideas)

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan, QRich3

esqtvd
Assistant Coach
And1: 993

Re: Transaction Discussion Part 3 (Trades, Free-Agency, News, Rumors & Ideas) 

Post#1181 » by esqtvd » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:45 pm

Thank God that Doc's not GM anymore or Iman Shumpert would have been on the first plane to LAX.
..............................................................................IGNORED: nobody really, though some folks make my eyes glaze over :lol:
Blockwatcher
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,008

Post#1182 » by Blockwatcher » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:50 pm

If you guys are looking for a big body you should think up some deals for Julias Randle.
1 John 2 : 15-17
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 479

Post#1183 » by TrueLAfan » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:33 pm

Blockwatcher wrote:If you guys are looking for a big body you should think up some deals for Julias Randle.

If we hadn't picked up Paul George, I'd agree. With PG, the last thing we need is a high usage, low D guy--no matter how well he scores. He won't get offensive touches here. Taj Gibson would fit in better.

But I really don'y see us going after (another) big. With 2Pat and JaMychal, we've got good enough big man depth. What we could use is a true PG; I'd rather have a vet there.
Young Sterling
Sophomore
And1: 114

Post#1184 » by Young Sterling » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:56 pm

https://hoopshype.com/2019/12/17/jrue-holiday-trade-rumors-heat-timberwolves-clippers-mavericks/

So after reading this, I think we might be able to put together one of the most enticing offers for Jrue... and I totally didn't think that would be the case. That is if we include Landry though.
SK21209
Starter
And1: 2,513

Post#1185 » by SK21209 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:39 pm

I think Elfrid Payton is someone we should target. He’s played well for the Knicks when healthy this year and is the kind of unselfish, play-making PG the starting unit needs. I think Jerome, McGruder and 2nd round picks or maybe even our 1st this year could get it done. Problem is I don’t know when McGruder can be traded.
JayClips92
Junior
And1: 143

Post#1186 » by JayClips92 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:29 pm

Jerome Robinson and a late 2nd round pick

FOR

Willie Cauley Stein & Alec Burks
DieHardFan
Sophomore
And1: 182

Post#1187 » by DieHardFan » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:03 am

If we are looking for another piece for the playoffs, It looks like we have around $10 million trade exception from Tobias Harris trade. So here is the list of guys(All FA in 2020) we can add without losing any rotation player.(Sorry Walton Jr)
- John Henson
- Aron Baynes(This might cost a Future 1st Pick)
- Alex Len
- DJ Augustin
- Jae Crowder
- E'Twaun Moore
- Bogdan Bogdanovic(Hey I can dream OK.)
- Yogi Ferrell
50CalClips
Pro Prospect
And1: 260

Post#1188 » by 50CalClips » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:23 pm

Transporting this post here:

esqtvd wrote:um, duh

Read on Twitter

According to Dan Woike of Los Angeles Times, several NBA executives believe that the Clippers could make a move to bolster both their frontcourt and backcourt depth.

Rival executives believe the Clippers could be on the hunt for another physical center — a potential Finals matchup with Milwaukee or Philadelphia would demand more size — or another playmaking guard.

Ivica Zubac, the Clippers’ starting center, has been playing well as of late, but he’s still not that consistent on both ends of the floor. He’s averaging 8.5 points and 6.6 rebounds per game this season.

Moreover, although Patrick Beverley is a terrific on-ball defender, he is really not someone who can run a team’s offense. The Clippers actually have the option to put Lou Will in the starting line-up, but he has been doing really well as the team’s primary scorer off the bench.

There is no notable free-agent at the moment who could fill the Clippers’ needs, so they are more likely to make a trade or explore the buyout market in the next couple of months. According to Woike though, they could be interested in trading for Chicago Bulls veteran Thaddeus Young.

Doc Rivers and Co., however, do not really look like a team in a hurry to make moves. Although they are now fifth in the Western Conference standings, they are well aware of how good they are, so they are taking their sweet time and are being patient with everything that they’re doing.
50CalClips
Pro Prospect

Post#1189 » by 50CalClips » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:35 pm

Thaddeus Young???

Is he a good Playoff performer, is that it?
esqtvd
Assistant Coach

Post#1190 » by esqtvd » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:05 am

50CalClips wrote:Thaddeus Young???

Young's Contract

2019-20 2020-21 2021-22
    $12,900,000 $13,545,000 $14,190,000

2021-22 is partially guaranteed for $6M.

If true, Harkless's expiring [$11.5M] has to be the main bait. Meaning the Clippers are not as in love with him as some on this board are. :wink:

Maybe J-Myke [$4.5M] as well. Plus J-Rob maybe a sweetener for a rebuilding team. Those are our assets. Mann if there's somebody we REALLY want, and or/Fi. [I doubt McGruder can bring any value.]

Or if you want to tear it all up a bit for a real center, Zubac.
..............................................................................IGNORED: nobody really, though some folks make my eyes glaze over :lol:
esqtvd
Assistant Coach

Post#1191 » by esqtvd » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:58 am

looks like our problems are over :-)

Read on Twitter
50CalClips
Pro Prospect

Post#1192 » by 50CalClips » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:51 pm

esqtvd wrote:
50CalClips wrote:Thaddeus Young???

Young's Contract
    2019-20 -- 2020-21 -- 2021-22
    $12,900,000 -- $13,545,000 -- $14,190,000

2021-22 is partially guaranteed for $6M.

If true, Harkless's expiring [$11.5M] has to be the main bait. Meaning the Clippers are not as in love with him as some on this board are. :wink:

Maybe J-Myke [$4.5M] as well. Plus J-Rob maybe a sweetener for a rebuilding team. Those are our assets. Mann if there's somebody we REALLY want, and or/Fi. [I doubt McGruder can bring any value.]

Or if you want to tear it all up a bit for a real center, Zubac.

If the Clippers are making a significant trade, I expect it to involve either Zubac or Montrezl, and Harkless is almost a given. But trading just for Thaddeus Young??? That would limit other further trade scenarios, wouldn't it?

***CONSPIRACY THEORY-LEVEL THOUGHT*** that just flashed in my mind:

Pat Beverley to Chicago, his hometown.

Mic-Drop.
50CalClips
Pro Prospect

Post#1193 » by 50CalClips » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:39 pm

Mic, picked back up...

The name Kris Dunn has been popping up on just about every 'rating systems' that I've seen when looking up defensive ratings. He leads the Bulls in Def WinShare, while only playing 24 mins (as per BBall-Ref)... He's rated #1(?) among PG's on some of the Defensive RAPTOR Ratings (on FiveThirtyEight).

He's 25 years old, but I think he's had injury issues(?) Here in his 4th season, his minutes have dropped-off... so there are signs that the Bull might now want him (EDIT: it's actually been widely reported that the Bulls are in fact looking to trade him).

It's a stretch, but stay with me...

There's something going on in Chicago. Whether the team is good, bad, or mediocre, the Chicago Bull have had great home attendance over the years. But look at the current trend....

Chicago Bulls Home Attendance:
2014 - 103.8% Capacity (#2 in the NBA)
2015 - 102.0% Capacity (#2 in the NBA)
2016 - 104.3% Capacity (#2 in the NBA)
2017 - 103.6% Capacity (#1 in the NBA)
2018 - 99.3% Capacity (#11 in the NBA)
2019 - 96.0% Capacity (#17 in the NBA)
2020 - 90.0% Capacity (#23 in the NBA)

There's a problem a-brewin' in Chicagoland. The Chicago Bulls might be looking to "circle the wagons" so to speak. Perhaps a strategy/gimmick that they want to try is "bring home" some of their home-town heroes. Pat Bev is a quasi-Star. His "rep" is well-established, and it's something people in Chicago could really grab on to, to get behind (with their eye on Anthony Davis in a couple of years).

Thoughts on my thought?

Clippers <-- Kris Dunn and Thaddeus Young (and whatever small pieces as needed)
Bulls <---- Pat Beverley and Harkless (and Robinson/small pieces as needed)
esqtvd
Assistant Coach

Post#1195 » by esqtvd » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:03 pm

50CalClips wrote:Mic, picked back up...

The name Kris Dunn has been popping up on just about every 'rating systems' that I've seen when looking up defensive ratings. He leads the Bulls in Def WinShare, while only playing 24 mins (as per BBall-Ref)... He's rated #1(?) among PG's on some of the Defensive RAPTOR Ratings (on FiveThirtyEight).

He's 25 years old, but I think he's had injury issues(?) Here in his 4th season, his minutes have dropped-off... so there are signs that the Bull might now want him.

It's a stretch, but stay with me...

There's something going on in Chicago. Whether the team is good, bad, or mediocre, the Chicago Bull have had great home attendance over the years. But look at the current trend....

Chicago Bulls Home Attendance:
2014 - 103.8% Capacity (#2 in the NBA)
2015 - 102.0% Capacity (#2 in the NBA)
2016 - 104.3% Capacity (#2 in the NBA)
2017 - 103.6% Capacity (#1 in the NBA)
2018 - 99.3% Capacity (#11 in the NBA)
2019 - 96.0% Capacity (#17 in the NBA)
2020 - 90.0% Capacity (#23 in the NBA)

There's a problem a-brewin' in Chicagoland. The Chicago Bulls might be looking to "circle the wagons" so to speak. Perhaps a strategy/gimmick that they want to try is "bring home" some of their home-town heroes. Pat Bev is a quasi-Star. His "rep" is well-established, and it's something people in Chicago could really grab on to, to get behind (with their eye on Anthony Davis in a couple of years).

Thoughts on my thought?

Clippers <-- Kris Dunn and Thaddeus Young (and whatever small pieces as needed)
Bulls <---- Pat Beverley and Harkless (and Robinson/small pieces as needed)

Your stuff about Chicago being hot to trot is good. They need to stir the pot, for sure. I'd take Trezz and Bev in a NY minute if I were them.

I'd have to ask Lee Jenkins. Pat Bev and Trezz are THE true Clippers and the most vocal leaders. You could end up with no more than a random collection of guys if you move them. Not what Kawhi and PG thought they were joining. Neither of them can fill that dynamic.
MartinToVaught
General Manager
And1: 13,591

Post#1196 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:35 pm

Why are we even entertaining these Thad Young rumors? Our front office never leaks anything. There's no reason to believe it.
50CalClips
Pro Prospect

Post#1197 » by 50CalClips » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:12 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:Why are we even entertaining these Thad Young rumors? Our front office never leaks anything. There's no reason to believe it.

The Clippers’ obvious interest in Kawhi Leonard, explained
    By Matt Ellentuck@mellentuck Updated Dec 11, 2018 - SBNation

Never?
Besides, it could be that it's the other team(s) involved that 'leak' things.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 14,178

Post#1198 » by og15 » Wed Jan 1, 2020 5:10 pm

I have said in the past that I like areas of Young’s game, but I don’t think the fit on this team is great. He’s just not much of a 3PT shooter, and at this stage I don’t believe he gives you much more than JaMychal Green who makes about a third of the money, has a shorter contract and actually shoots the 3PT shot better and with more volume.
esqtvd
Assistant Coach

Post#1199 » by esqtvd » Thu Jan 2, 2020 1:25 am

RealGM Wiretap
Darren Collison Considering February Return To NBA With Lakers, Clippers Favorites
JAN 1, 2020 4:30 PM

Darren Collison is considering a return to the NBA in February with the Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers emerging as his preferred destinations.

Collison was expected to command offers in the offseason of $10 million per season, but he instead decided to retire.

Many teams have monitored Collison's situation and thought he might return this season.

In an interview with The Undefeated and ESPN's Marc Spears on June 28, Collison cited religious reasons for retiring.

"While I still love basketball, I know there is something more important, which is my family and my faith. I am one of the Jehovah's Witnesses and my faith means everything to me.

"I receive so much joy from volunteering to help others and participate in a worldwide ministry. The joy I feel is unmatched.
ADRIAN WOJNAROWSKI/ESPN

TAGS: DARREN COLLISON, LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS, LOS ANGELES LAKERS, NBA, NBA SIGNING RUMOR, NBA MISC RUMOR
clipsfever
Ballboy
And1: 14

Post#1200 » by clipsfever » Thu Jan 2, 2020 3:59 am

Collison is a monkey wrench.... I think he could really help LAL if he's fit

Return to Los Angeles Clippers