ImageImageImageImageImage

Clippers Might Relocate... To Inglewood

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan, QRich3

Kelphus
Junior
Posts: 282
And1: 239
Joined: Feb 25, 2014
   

Re: Clippers Might Relocate... To Inglewood 

Post#301 » by Kelphus » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:27 pm

I was at the final home game, they actually had a guy turn out the lights.
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
nickhx2
General Manager
Posts: 7,811
And1: 3,801
Joined: Feb 13, 2014

Re: Clippers Might Relocate... To Inglewood 

Post#302 » by nickhx2 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:20 am

at the old sports arena? amazing
NickP
Senior
Posts: 604
And1: 340
Joined: Aug 20, 2020
 

Re: Clippers Might Relocate... To Inglewood 

Post#303 » by NickP » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:15 pm

Kelphus wrote:I was at the final home game, they actually had a guy turn out the lights.

Wow. That's something!
Akklaim1
Rookie
Posts: 1,052
And1: 716
Joined: Aug 12, 2013
         

Re: Clippers Might Relocate... To Inglewood 

Post#304 » by Akklaim1 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:17 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
NickP wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:Several.

And a few at the Pond.

My last memory is Zo and the Heat completely tearing us down. :)

LMAO.

There were plenty of those.
Crazy to me (because I dont live in LA anymore and don't pass by it enough) that that place is gone and has been gone for some time.



Because it’s been replaced by a soccer stadium
User avatar
BenchOnaQUEST
Junior
Posts: 284
And1: 134
Joined: Apr 10, 2013
Location: Brazil
Contact:
     

Any Updates on the Clippers' New Arena in Inglewood? 

Post#305 » by BenchOnaQUEST » Mon May 24, 2021 6:45 pm

WC NBA Fan wrote:I actually started a thread a few months ago titled "envisioninglewood.org" or something like that. That's the website that details the future of Inglewood and the tram, which is called the "Inglewood transit connector". They should be finishing up the EIR for it this summer. Here is the website specific to the tram.

http://envisioninglewood.org/transportation-solutions/inglewood-transit-connector/

Hey, have they finished the EIR?
And it's almost summer there in the States, which is when groundbreaking usually takes place. Any updates in regards to the arena?
WC NBA Fan
Junior
Posts: 385
And1: 165
Joined: Aug 28, 2011

Re: Any Updates on the Clippers' New Arena in Inglewood? 

Post#306 » by WC NBA Fan » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:49 pm

BenchOnaQUEST wrote:
WC NBA Fan wrote:I actually started a thread a few months ago titled "envisioninglewood.org" or something like that. That's the website that details the future of Inglewood and the tram, which is called the "Inglewood transit connector". They should be finishing up the EIR for it this summer. Here is the website specific to the tram.

http://envisioninglewood.org/transportation-solutions/inglewood-transit-connector/

Hey, have they finished the EIR?
And it's almost summer there in the States, which is when groundbreaking usually takes place. Any updates in regards to the arena?


Sorry for the late response. I haven't heard anything about groundbreaking which is why I'm so late responding to your inquiry. I've been wondering about it myself but since there hasn't been anything in the news, I haven't had anything to add to this thread.

I do believe that the EIR for the transit connector is done but they haven't said anything about when they'll start building it. I've been to LAX a few times and will say that the progress on the LAX monorail has been swift and they've done a lot. The connector is gonna be much smaller and less complex so I see no reason why they can't get this done quickly.

But you're right about the arena. One would think that with it being summer like you said and the playoffs already in the 2nd round, that we would've seen new renderings or at least heard something about groundbreaking but nothing and I say that as someone who has followed this closer than anyone.
clipperlover
Junior
Posts: 490
And1: 307
Joined: Sep 10, 2019

Re: Any Updates on the Clippers' New Arena in Inglewood? 

Post#307 » by clipperlover » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:23 pm

WC NBA Fan wrote:
BenchOnaQUEST wrote:
WC NBA Fan wrote:I actually started a thread a few months ago titled "envisioninglewood.org" or something like that. That's the website that details the future of Inglewood and the tram, which is called the "Inglewood transit connector". They should be finishing up the EIR for it this summer. Here is the website specific to the tram.

http://envisioninglewood.org/transportation-solutions/inglewood-transit-connector/

Hey, have they finished the EIR?
And it's almost summer there in the States, which is when groundbreaking usually takes place. Any updates in regards to the arena?


The connector is gonna be much smaller and less complex so I see no reason why they can't get this done quickly.


L.A. isn't Dubai. You have to deal with labor unions, government inspectors and be willing to grease pockets. So things don't get done quickly. In Dubai, they could have an entire airport built in less time.

Ballmer had to grossly overpay for the Forum just to remove the MSG roadblocks to building the new arena. https://www.forbes.com/sites/timnewcomb/2020/03/25/steve-ballmer-buys-the-forum-clearing-path-toward-new-la-clippers-arena/?sh=4b78a9021459
Roscoe Sheed
General Manager
Posts: 8,761
And1: 2,503
Joined: May 01, 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Any Updates on the Clippers' New Arena in Inglewood? 

Post#308 » by Roscoe Sheed » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:05 am

clipperlover wrote:
WC NBA Fan wrote:
BenchOnaQUEST wrote:Hey, have they finished the EIR?
And it's almost summer there in the States, which is when groundbreaking usually takes place. Any updates in regards to the arena?


The connector is gonna be much smaller and less complex so I see no reason why they can't get this done quickly.


L.A. isn't Dubai. You have to deal with labor unions, government inspectors and be willing to grease pockets. So things don't get done quickly. In Dubai, they could have an entire airport built in less time.

Ballmer had to grossly overpay for the Forum just to remove the MSG roadblocks to building the new arena. https://www.forbes.com/sites/timnewcomb/2020/03/25/steve-ballmer-buys-the-forum-clearing-path-toward-new-la-clippers-arena/?sh=4b78a9021459


HBO Real Sports ran a segment about Qatar in which they showed that they basically have slave labor there- they take in foreign workers and won't give them their passports back, forcing them to work for low wages and in hazardous conditions. I think Dubai has similar problems from what I've read.
WC NBA Fan
Junior
Posts: 385
And1: 165
Joined: Aug 28, 2011

Re: Any Updates on the Clippers' New Arena in Inglewood? 

Post#309 » by WC NBA Fan » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:52 pm

clipperlover wrote:
WC NBA Fan wrote:
BenchOnaQUEST wrote:Hey, have they finished the EIR?
And it's almost summer there in the States, which is when groundbreaking usually takes place. Any updates in regards to the arena?


The connector is gonna be much smaller and less complex so I see no reason why they can't get this done quickly.


L.A. isn't Dubai. You have to deal with labor unions, government inspectors and be willing to grease pockets. So things don't get done quickly. In Dubai, they could have an entire airport built in less time.

Ballmer had to grossly overpay for the Forum just to remove the MSG roadblocks to building the new arena. https://www.forbes.com/sites/timnewcomb/2020/03/25/steve-ballmer-buys-the-forum-clearing-path-toward-new-la-clippers-arena/?sh=4b78a9021459


I get that. What I'm saying is that this connector was proposed awhile ago. People had to get greased in order to get Staples Center done as well as the LAx monorail and the various rail projects in town. The Inglewood transit connector is moving along at a much slower pace than all of them. It makes you wonder just how much anyone wants to get it done. I don't blame Ballmer since he would prefer that people drive to the game and park so he can rake in parking revenue but there are lots of people who want this done.

Mayor Butts was right. They really should've added a rail spur down Prairie off the under construction LAX/Crenshaw rail line. Would've been much cheaper and could've fit within the Prop M budget as opposed to figuring out complex ways in which to finance the connector.
Clemenza
Analyst
Posts: 3,509
And1: 2,536
Joined: Jan 21, 2013
Location: California
   

Re: Any Updates on the Clippers' New Arena in Inglewood? 

Post#310 » by Clemenza » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:11 pm

WC NBA Fan wrote:
clipperlover wrote:
WC NBA Fan wrote:
The connector is gonna be much smaller and less complex so I see no reason why they can't get this done quickly.


L.A. isn't Dubai. You have to deal with labor unions, government inspectors and be willing to grease pockets. So things don't get done quickly. In Dubai, they could have an entire airport built in less time.

Ballmer had to grossly overpay for the Forum just to remove the MSG roadblocks to building the new arena. https://www.forbes.com/sites/timnewcomb/2020/03/25/steve-ballmer-buys-the-forum-clearing-path-toward-new-la-clippers-arena/?sh=4b78a9021459


I get that. What I'm saying is that this connector was proposed awhile ago. People had to get greased in order to get Staples Center done as well as the LAx monorail and the various rail projects in town. The Inglewood transit connector is moving along at a much slower pace than all of them. It makes you wonder just how much anyone wants to get it done. I don't blame Ballmer since he would prefer that people drive to the game and park so he can rake in parking revenue but there are lots of people who want this done.

Mayor Butts was right. They really should've added a rail spur down Prairie off the under construction LAX/Crenshaw rail line. Would've been much cheaper and could've fit within the Prop M budget as opposed to figuring out complex ways in which to finance the connector.

I live in Inglewood, they're already testing the tract as we speak with train-cars so its getting there. Everything metro design wise has been suspect since day one. Even finally hooking the metro rail to LAX isn't going to be all that great when its finally completed.
User avatar
Quake Griffin
RealGM
Posts: 15,154
And1: 4,473
Joined: Jul 06, 2012
     

Re: Any Updates on the Clippers' New Arena in Inglewood? 

Post#311 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:21 pm

Clemenza wrote:
WC NBA Fan wrote:
clipperlover wrote:
L.A. isn't Dubai. You have to deal with labor unions, government inspectors and be willing to grease pockets. So things don't get done quickly. In Dubai, they could have an entire airport built in less time.

Ballmer had to grossly overpay for the Forum just to remove the MSG roadblocks to building the new arena. https://www.forbes.com/sites/timnewcomb/2020/03/25/steve-ballmer-buys-the-forum-clearing-path-toward-new-la-clippers-arena/?sh=4b78a9021459


I get that. What I'm saying is that this connector was proposed awhile ago. People had to get greased in order to get Staples Center done as well as the LAx monorail and the various rail projects in town. The Inglewood transit connector is moving along at a much slower pace than all of them. It makes you wonder just how much anyone wants to get it done. I don't blame Ballmer since he would prefer that people drive to the game and park so he can rake in parking revenue but there are lots of people who want this done.

Mayor Butts was right. They really should've added a rail spur down Prairie off the under construction LAX/Crenshaw rail line. Would've been much cheaper and could've fit within the Prop M budget as opposed to figuring out complex ways in which to finance the connector.

I live in Inglewood, they're already testing the tract as we speak with train-cars so its getting there. Everything metro design wise has been suspect since day one. Even finally hooking the metro rail to LAX isn't going to be all that great when its finally completed.


What makes you say that about LAX?

I'ma former resident of Los Angeles (born and raised) and my pops owns a building in Inglewood, so I'm genuinely interested in your take. Nonetheless, that's disheartening to hear that the rail is just gonna be meh when it is done.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Clemenza
Analyst
Posts: 3,509
And1: 2,536
Joined: Jan 21, 2013
Location: California
   

Re: Any Updates on the Clippers' New Arena in Inglewood? 

Post#312 » by Clemenza » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:26 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:
Clemenza wrote:
WC NBA Fan wrote:
I get that. What I'm saying is that this connector was proposed awhile ago. People had to get greased in order to get Staples Center done as well as the LAx monorail and the various rail projects in town. The Inglewood transit connector is moving along at a much slower pace than all of them. It makes you wonder just how much anyone wants to get it done. I don't blame Ballmer since he would prefer that people drive to the game and park so he can rake in parking revenue but there are lots of people who want this done.

Mayor Butts was right. They really should've added a rail spur down Prairie off the under construction LAX/Crenshaw rail line. Would've been much cheaper and could've fit within the Prop M budget as opposed to figuring out complex ways in which to finance the connector.

I live in Inglewood, they're already testing the tract as we speak with train-cars so its getting there. Everything metro design wise has been suspect since day one. Even finally hooking the metro rail to LAX isn't going to be all that great when its finally completed.


What makes you say that about LAX?

I'ma former resident of Los Angeles (born and raised) and my pops owns a building in Inglewood, so I'm genuinely interested in your take. Nonetheless, that's disheartening to hear that the rail is just gonna be meh when it is done.

I have to dig the articles up on it as there was a lot of criticism on the blueprint/layout/design as the metro rail and LAX monorail connection is still going to be clunky and slightly under par as opposed to just basically extending the metro rail all the way into LAX like most cities and airports would do. The wording general consensus is that when finished its basically going to be better than nothing done at all
WC NBA Fan
Junior
Posts: 385
And1: 165
Joined: Aug 28, 2011

Re: Any Updates on the Clippers' New Arena in Inglewood? 

Post#313 » by WC NBA Fan » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:17 pm

Clemenza wrote:
WC NBA Fan wrote:
clipperlover wrote:
L.A. isn't Dubai. You have to deal with labor unions, government inspectors and be willing to grease pockets. So things don't get done quickly. In Dubai, they could have an entire airport built in less time.

Ballmer had to grossly overpay for the Forum just to remove the MSG roadblocks to building the new arena. https://www.forbes.com/sites/timnewcomb/2020/03/25/steve-ballmer-buys-the-forum-clearing-path-toward-new-la-clippers-arena/?sh=4b78a9021459


I get that. What I'm saying is that this connector was proposed awhile ago. People had to get greased in order to get Staples Center done as well as the LAx monorail and the various rail projects in town. The Inglewood transit connector is moving along at a much slower pace than all of them. It makes you wonder just how much anyone wants to get it done. I don't blame Ballmer since he would prefer that people drive to the game and park so he can rake in parking revenue but there are lots of people who want this done.

Mayor Butts was right. They really should've added a rail spur down Prairie off the under construction LAX/Crenshaw rail line. Would've been much cheaper and could've fit within the Prop M budget as opposed to figuring out complex ways in which to finance the connector.

I live in Inglewood, they're already testing the tract as we speak with train-cars so its getting there. Everything metro design wise has been suspect since day one. Even finally hooking the metro rail to LAX isn't going to be all that great when its finally completed.


Just out of curiosity, when you talk about testing tract, I assume that you're talking about the LAX/Crenshaw metro line that will connect to the LAX monorail. If so, then you are right, they are testing it but it was supposed to be done back in 2019. They can't even blame covid for the delay either. They completely bungled the electrical work and had to re-do it. The hope is that it will be ready to go in October but I won't hold my breath.

What I'm talking about is the Inglewood transit connector, which is supposed to link the Downtown Inglewood metro stop to the Forum, Sofi Stadium and the arena. As bad as they have bungled the metro line, the Connector is moving at an incredibly slow pace. I've seen other projects that are larger and more complex in the state of California that were able to get done quicker. The Coliseum BART to Oakland airport connector is very similar to the proposed Inglewood transit connect but is a longer route and more expensive as a result in a region of the country that is tougher to get things done politically than even Inglewood or LA.

I'm the biggest transit connector supporter out there but I for one wouldn't be surprised if this thing gets scrapped altogether and they just go with shuttles.
Clemenza
Analyst
Posts: 3,509
And1: 2,536
Joined: Jan 21, 2013
Location: California
   

Re: Any Updates on the Clippers' New Arena in Inglewood? 

Post#314 » by Clemenza » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:56 am

WC NBA Fan wrote:
Clemenza wrote:
WC NBA Fan wrote:
I get that. What I'm saying is that this connector was proposed awhile ago. People had to get greased in order to get Staples Center done as well as the LAx monorail and the various rail projects in town. The Inglewood transit connector is moving along at a much slower pace than all of them. It makes you wonder just how much anyone wants to get it done. I don't blame Ballmer since he would prefer that people drive to the game and park so he can rake in parking revenue but there are lots of people who want this done.

Mayor Butts was right. They really should've added a rail spur down Prairie off the under construction LAX/Crenshaw rail line. Would've been much cheaper and could've fit within the Prop M budget as opposed to figuring out complex ways in which to finance the connector.

I live in Inglewood, they're already testing the tract as we speak with train-cars so its getting there. Everything metro design wise has been suspect since day one. Even finally hooking the metro rail to LAX isn't going to be all that great when its finally completed.


Just out of curiosity, when you talk about testing tract, I assume that you're talking about the LAX/Crenshaw metro line that will connect to the LAX monorail. If so, then you are right, they are testing it but it was supposed to be done back in 2019. They can't even blame covid for the delay either. They completely bungled the electrical work and had to re-do it. The hope is that it will be ready to go in October but I won't hold my breath.

What I'm talking about is the Inglewood transit connector, which is supposed to link the Downtown Inglewood metro stop to the Forum, Sofi Stadium and the arena. As bad as they have bungled the metro line, the Connector is moving at an incredibly slow pace. I've seen other projects that are larger and more complex in the state of California that were able to get done quicker. The Coliseum BART to Oakland airport connector is very similar to the proposed Inglewood transit connect but is a longer route and more expensive as a result in a region of the country that is tougher to get things done politically than even Inglewood or LA.

I'm the biggest transit connector supporter out there but I for one wouldn't be surprised if this thing gets scrapped altogether and they just go with shuttles.

Yeah the metro Crenshaw to LAX line is being tested with actual train cars right now and yes its definitely way behind schedule. Not sure about the Inglewood Connector. I know its been discussed and supposed to start construction late this year but as of right now I can see them just doing shuttle busses from the Market Street rail stop to the stadium on NFL game days for now.
wco81
RealGM
Posts: 13,337
And1: 5,125
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: Clippers Might Relocate... To Inglewood 

Post#315 » by wco81 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:08 pm

Crenshaw to LAX?

Isn't Crenshaw the hood? How many people there take flights?

Must run through downtown areas?

Seems like a train to the airport would also be useful to the suburbs.
Clemenza
Analyst
Posts: 3,509
And1: 2,536
Joined: Jan 21, 2013
Location: California
   

Re: Clippers Might Relocate... To Inglewood 

Post#316 » by Clemenza » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:20 pm

wco81 wrote:Crenshaw to LAX?

Isn't Crenshaw the hood? How many people there take flights?

Must run through downtown areas?

Seems like a train to the airport would also be useful to the suburbs.

Crenshaw is a major boulevard that stretches from north to south for about 30 miles in length through numerous different communities. Google Maps is your best friend. Get outside little more and come join us in the year 2021.
User avatar
Quake Griffin
RealGM
Posts: 15,154
And1: 4,473
Joined: Jul 06, 2012
     

Re: Clippers Might Relocate... To Inglewood 

Post#317 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:53 pm

Leimert Park baby.

Crenshaw District. That's my neighborhood.
I'ma Huxtable too.

Put some respek on our name.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
clipperlover
Junior
Posts: 490
And1: 307
Joined: Sep 10, 2019

Re: Clippers Might Relocate... To Inglewood 

Post#318 » by clipperlover » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:37 pm

wco81 wrote:Crenshaw to LAX?

Isn't Crenshaw the hood? How many people there take flights?

Must run through downtown areas?

Seems like a train to the airport would also be useful to the suburbs.


https://www.metro.net/projects/crenshaw_corridor/
https://media.metro.net/2020/map-crenshawlax-eng-2020-08.pdf
WC NBA Fan
Junior
Posts: 385
And1: 165
Joined: Aug 28, 2011

Re: Clippers Might Relocate... To Inglewood 

Post#319 » by WC NBA Fan » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:00 pm

wco81 wrote:Crenshaw to LAX?

Isn't Crenshaw the hood? How many people there take flights?

Must run through downtown areas?

Seems like a train to the airport would also be useful to the suburbs.


What these rail lines do is connect people from all over LA county via transfer from other lines. For example, if you live in Santa Monica, you would take the Expo line to Crenshaw then transfer to the LAX Crenshaw line to get to LAX.

If you live in the valley, you would take the Orange line then transfer to the Red line subway in North Hollywood then transfer to the Expo line downtown then transfer to the LAX Crenshaw line at Crenshaw.

If you live in Duarte, Monrovia or Sierra Madre, you would take the gold line to Union Station then make your way to the Expo line and of course, transfer at Crenshaw to the LAX Crenshaw line. You can basically make your way to the Crenshaw LAX line from any other metro rail line provided you're willing to transfer enough.
User avatar
Quake Griffin
RealGM
Posts: 15,154
And1: 4,473
Joined: Jul 06, 2012
     

Re: Clippers Might Relocate... To Inglewood 

Post#320 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:23 pm

WC NBA Fan wrote:
wco81 wrote:Crenshaw to LAX?

Isn't Crenshaw the hood? How many people there take flights?

Must run through downtown areas?

Seems like a train to the airport would also be useful to the suburbs.


What these rail lines do is connect people from all over LA county via transfer from other lines. For example, if you live in Santa Monica, you would take the Expo line to Crenshaw then transfer to the LAX Crenshaw line to get to LAX.

If you live in the valley, you would take the Orange line then transfer to the Red line subway in North Hollywood then transfer to the Expo line downtown then transfer to the LAX Crenshaw line at Crenshaw.

If you live in Duarte, Monrovia or Sierra Madre, you would take the gold line to Union Station then make your way to the Expo line and of course, transfer at Crenshaw to the LAX Crenshaw line. You can basically make your way to the Crenshaw LAX line from any other metro rail line provided you're willing to transfer enough.

Sounds yucky.

I lived in Chicago for a few years. I'd def catch the Orange Line to Midway (you could catch the Blue to O'Hare but I never did). I just got dropped off at the Orange and it was a straight shot. All that transferring sounds terrible and sounds like no way to travel at all.

:cry:
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers