ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA Gatorade League: Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Re: NBA Gatorade League: Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario 

Post#201 » by TheNewEra » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:15 pm

QRich3 wrote:I'm all for trading away one of our C's to upgrade the roster and promoting Mfi to the 10-15 MPG back-up C. I think he's ready for a small role like that.

We could just promote J Green to the starting PF spot have Harkless play backup 3 and let Fi and Harrell play 4 and 5
Young Sterling
Sophomore
And1: 137

Post#202 » by Young Sterling » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:04 pm

TheNewEra wrote:
QRich3 wrote:I'm all for trading away one of our C's to upgrade the roster and promoting Mfi to the 10-15 MPG back-up C. I think he's ready for a small role like that.

We could just promote J Green to the starting PF spot have Harkless play backup 3 and let Fi and Harrell play 4 and 5

I think we need to totally try this out. Doc is being stubborn about those Fi and Green minutes though. I think the best thing to do would be to buy two Austin Rivers jerseys and put those on both players. They will end the week as permanent starters.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#203 » by TheNewEra » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:33 pm

Young Sterling wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:

I think we need to totally try this out. Doc is being stubborn about those Fi and Green minutes though. I think the best thing to do would be to buy two Austin Rivers jerseys and put those on both players. They will end the week as permanent starters.

Yeah and I believe Fi might be a inch taller than Green. Fi will have to get a bit stronger to help out in the paint but then again might just have Harkless crash the glass with Harrell
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#204 » by QRich3 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:15 pm

I thought Green was gonna be the starter instead of Moe, but the defense has worked a lot better with 3 wings so I understand him wanting to start with Moe. I’m not a fan of any of the 2 bigs line ups, if we want room for Mfi there needs to be a consolidation trade where we send out Moe and one of the bigs for a better 3&D wing. There’s not enough minutes for both bigs as is.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#205 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:12 pm

Bumping this thread for the first time in a while because the AC Clippers are looking like they'll be a lot of fun this season.

madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,692

Post#206 » by madmaxmedia » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:53 pm

It would be a great sign if Boston can score with reasonable FG% and 3P% in AC this season.

He has NBA length and likes to take it to the hole, and the athleticism and raw talent seems to be there (along with a 78.5 FT% in college.)
Goner
Pro Prospect
And1: 695

Post#207 » by Goner » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:35 pm

To me, Keon is highly reminiscent of Kawhi. First, he's a defense-first type player who's willing to leave it all out on that end. Second He appears to have the makings of a mid-range rainmaker with an eerily similar wrinkle in his shot mechanics to Kawhi. Most players in this era are what is called "turn shooters," meaning that when they shoot they rotate their lead foot away from the basket and align their (lead) knee, hip, and (shooting) shoulder to the basket. However, Keon (and Kawhi) don't do this. Instead, they align their toes to the basket and finish with their shoulders, knees, and hips square with the basket. The telltale sign of this shooting motion is where the shooter leaves their hand in the follow-through: if their shooting hand is left outward at a Y-type angle relative to their body, then they are a turn shooter; but if it is directly in front of them then they are a traditional shooter.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#208 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:13 am

Read on Twitter

39-9... wow. This team is looking real good. :o
Goner
Pro Prospect

Post#209 » by Goner » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:55 am

For those not keeping up, Keon has serious potential- every bit as much as Boston.
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,671

Post#210 » by KL2 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:42 pm

Johnson has been doing impressive work with them. I’d say he’s been more impressive than Boston in terms of having complete games. He looks comfortable with the ball in his hands and making the right plays. He also rebounds and has a defensive tenacity/instinct that Leonard has (we know he models his game after him).

Obviously he doesn’t have an offensive arsenal that Boston has now but his jumper looks improved than what he had in summer league. He’s been putting in work there.

I’ve said many times before but I see his trajectory like Leonard’s. Defense and rebounding will get him minutes. The offensive game, which I think is ahead of Leonard’s when he first entered the league, will expand as he goes.

Not saying he’s going to be as good or better than Leonard. But the similarities are there. I think the Clippers have a keeper here and don’t understand why so many want him included in trade packages all ready.
clipsfever
Junior
And1: 150

Post#211 » by clipsfever » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:45 pm

Thanks KL... at age 19... if he could grow a bit taller/longer and then fill-out... 3-and-D NBA rotation minutes next season?
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,260

Post#212 » by nickhx2 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:07 pm

i think it's just normal for fans to take a casual glance at the roster and go "oh what's the easiest way to get better? trade our young dudes with potential and get a star!"

i'd like to see what keon johnson can build up to and i don't think it makes sense to try and trade him while his value is non-existent.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#213 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:07 pm

KL2 wrote:I think the Clippers have a keeper here and don’t understand why so many want him included in trade packages all ready.

We apparently have some posters here who would be the second coming of GM Doc if they were running a team. :lol:
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,671

Post#214 » by KL2 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:13 pm

Read on Twitter
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Post#215 » by esqtvd » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:37 pm

KL2 wrote:
Read on Twitter

easy there Justin :wink:

Mfiondu Kabengele G-League Stats

https://www.basketball-reference.com/gleague/players/k/kabenmf01d.html
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Goner
Pro Prospect

Post#216 » by Goner » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:09 am

KL2 wrote:I think the Clippers have a keeper here and [I] don’t understand why so many want him included in trade packages all ready.

People just haven't done their homework and therefore haven't been exposed to his upside. Keon seems to have the makings of a low-variance scorer, which are vanishingly rare in this league and beyond.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,196

Post#217 » by Clemenza » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:19 pm

esqtvd wrote:
KL2 wrote:
Read on Twitter

What does Keon have to do with Kabengele? It's just literally impossible for a young player to have any kind upside with us right? :nonono:
ERClips
Junior
And1: 335

Post#218 » by ERClips » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:58 pm

We are very lucky right now to have young players like Scrubb, Boston & Keon all showing signs that they could be productive rotation players or even a rising star for us. They all play similar positions but that’s not a bad thing either.
Throw in Preston and the signing of Hart and it shows our front office really did it’s job with this group.
I’m excited for the future of all these guys with the best hopefully staying with the Clippers 8-)
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,078

Clippers Are The New Spurs: Evidence 

Post#219 » by Wammy Giveaway » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:17 pm

Read on Twitter

As part of the Agua Caliente Clippers Of Ontario, Clippers get first dibs on Armenian player Gary Chivichyan. On a big market team like Lakers, Celtics, Heat or Knicks, he'd be a bench warmer - you could say that for the rest of the league. But on the Spurs, he'd be groomed, nurtured and called upon for any situation, not just garbage time or as an injury replacement. San Antonio values its G-League seriously, taking cues from the farm franchise systems established by the MLB. Clippers are in dire need of having to do the same, and while they are based in a big market - Los Angeles - their business model is more in tuned with San Antonio's. This is one of the reasons for the Clipper's identity crisis throughout the Sterling era and into Doc Rivers as coach/GM/father.

Clearly, the Clipper's interest in Chivichyan are beyond mining for diamonds in the rough.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Post#220 » by esqtvd » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:28 pm

Clemenza wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
KL2 wrote:
Read on Twitter

What does Keon have to do with Kabengele? It's just literally impossible for a young player to have any kind upside with us right? :nonono:

Because the G-League is crap. Isaiah Thomas just walked in off the street and put up 42. I'm surprised you don't see the connection with the fools' gold that was Kabengele's stat line there.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?

Return to Los Angeles Clippers