ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA Gatorade League: Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: Casey Hill Coming Over from Golden State Affiliate 

Post#41 » by Neddy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:16 am

Ranma wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Jerry West likes the guy.

looks like a replacement candidate for Doc.
ehhhhh f it.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Article About 2-Way Contracts 

Post#42 » by Ranma » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:30 pm

I figure this is the best place to post the tweet below for future reference since it would apply almost exclusively (other than being called up by an NBA team) to players on the G-League team.

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Re: Article About 2-Way Contracts 

Post#43 » by mkwest » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:34 pm

Ranma wrote:I figure this is the best place to post the tweet below for future reference since it would apply almost exclusively (other than being called up by an NBA team) to players on the G-League team.

Read on Twitter

I was thinking a little about this the other day after reading the way the 2-way contracts work on Larry Coon's CBA FAQ. From a fan's perspective, I'm excited that the Clippers are finally investing in a team. Every little bit counts and they need to take advantage of all possible resources. From a player's perspective, it is a little restricting. If you can make more overseas, that's probably the best option for you.

If you do take on a 2-way deal, you have to be more selective of the situation that you are willing to put yourself in based on what's happening with the parent team. If your position is stacked on the parent team, what are the odds that you get called up? If you don't get called up, obviously you're making less income. There's also the possibility that even with playing in a particular system and the eventual restricted free-agency that you are auditioning for another team. So it can still work to your advantage in the long run. If you have options, pursue them. If options are limited, then it's a great opportunity to prove yourself.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Re: Article About 2-Way Contracts 

Post#44 » by esqtvd » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:33 am

mkwest wrote:
Ranma wrote:I figure this is the best place to post the tweet below for future reference since it would apply almost exclusively (other than being called up by an NBA team) to players on the G-League team.

Read on Twitter

I was thinking a little about this the other day after reading the way the 2-way contracts work on Larry Coon's CBA FAQ. From a fan's perspective, I'm excited that the Clippers are finally investing in a team. Every little bit counts and they need to take advantage of all possible resources. From a player's perspective, it is a little restricting. If you can make more overseas, that's probably the best option for you.

If you do take on a 2-way deal, you have to be more selective of the situation that you are willing to put yourself in based on what's happening with the parent team. If your position is stacked on the parent team, what are the odds that you get called up? If you don't get called up, obviously you're making less income. There's also the possibility that even with playing in a particular system and the eventual restricted free-agency that you are auditioning for another team. So it can still work to your advantage in the long run. If you have options, pursue them. If options are limited, then it's a great opportunity to prove yourself.

I'm going to guess that with Ballmer's bottomless pockets, Wilson and Hicks [or at least Wilson] got promised the full 45 days on the big team roster to collect the two-way max of $279K, which is real money--as opposed to the laughable $26K the rest of the G-Leaguers will pocket. Add in staying in US where everyone can see you, and not having to learn Albanian and eat goat, you grab it.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/7/18/15985262/nba-two-way-contract-2017-summer-league-agents-worried-about-them
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
TucsonClip
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Re: NBA Gatorade League: Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario 

Post#45 » by TucsonClip » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:42 pm

Tom, exactly. If the agents for these players are worth anything, they will have a deal in place to guarantee those full 45 days of service so they can reach their maximum salary on the two-way contract.

Obviously, it is going to be better to have the flexibility to sign to any of the 30 teams during the NBA season, but some of these guys are taking the guaranteed money now (with the handshake, full 45 days called up) in place, over hoping for a mid-season call up.
Plus, why would I want to go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros.

- Shane Battier
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by mkwest » Thu Aug 3, 2017 1:34 am

Read on Twitter
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Post#47 » by Forte IV » Thu Aug 3, 2017 4:33 am

Why do i feel like our d-league team's logo should have been OUR logo?
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,293

Post#48 » by nickhx2 » Thu Aug 3, 2017 4:53 am

i'd wear that cap

i wouldn't wear a normal clipper cap
Ranma
RealGM

Jamal Wilson Officially Signed 

Post#49 » by Ranma » Fri Aug 4, 2017 5:11 am

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#50 » by nickhx2 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 9:17 pm

ok seriously i don't want to go to any party but i will click some buttons to buy this hat online. where can i get it!!
Ranma
RealGM

Direct Contact 

Post#51 » by Ranma » Fri Aug 4, 2017 9:58 pm

nickhx2 wrote:ok seriously i don't want to go to any party but i will click some buttons to buy this hat online. where can i get it!!

I'd try to make a connection online through their Web site via an online form or call the arena directly to see if they have a souvenir shop that should sell the item and see if it delivers.

http://www.nba.com/clippers/gleague/

Citizens Business Bank Arena
ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE HOURS
Monday thru Friday 8am – 5pm

Closed weekends and all Major holidays - closed Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day

Telephone
909-244-5500

Mailing Address
4000 E. Ontario Center Parkway
Ontario, CA 91764
FAX: 909.244.5510

Email Us

http://www.cbbankarena.com/contact/contact-form
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#52 » by nickhx2 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 10:03 pm

thanks, good call
Ranma
RealGM

Practicing My High School Spanish 

Post#53 » by Ranma » Fri Aug 4, 2017 10:12 pm

De nada, amigo.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by mkwest » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:14 am

Read on Twitter
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#55 » by mkwest » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:18 am

nickhx2 wrote:ok seriously i don't want to go to any party but i will click some buttons to buy this hat online. where can i get it!!

Here is a link to the ACCLippers Team Store, but that particular hat isn't on there as of right now
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#56 » by nickhx2 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:39 am

aw thanks for checking though. i'm sure it'll be there soon enough
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#57 » by esqtvd » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:37 pm

AC Clippers Draft [August 23, 2017], courtesy @LucasJHann

esqtvd
RealGM

Post#58 » by esqtvd » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:08 pm

The New King of Ontario?

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2016/3/9/11185920/thanasis-antetokounmpo-is-the-knicks-first-quad-a-player

In all likelihood, Thanasis Antetokounmpo will never play another game for the New York Knicks. Greek Freak: The Sequel played on Broadway for all of two games during his 10-day contract. He played six total minutes and knocked down three shots, including this one in his NBA debut:

And then he was gone, quickly overshadowed by the circus that was the Jimmer Fredette 10-day contract. Thanasis failed to capture the attention of the drunk, bitter MSG crowds to quite the extent that Jimmer did, which is a damn shame. The kid from Athens put his heart into this organization for the past two seasons.

Two years ago the Knicks joined the latest NBA trend by creating their own D-League affiliate, the Westchester Knicks. Thanasis, the kid with the famous last name and the ferocious dunks, was the main attraction that first season. He was on the MSG commercials, he made the public appearances. The Knicks decided against signing the second-round pick to the big club and burning his rights, despite the fact that the 17-65 Knicks would have provided ample opportunity for a young player to test himself against NBA talent. Perhaps we should have seen it as a sign of the organization's lack of faith.

Thanasis Antetokounmpo still lacks a reliable jump shot and the preternatural basketball sense of his younger brother. For right now he is what the baseball world refers to as "quad-A" player -- he is of one organization, but caught between the Majors and the Minors. Players like Thanasis are the next step in the evolution of the NBA/D-League partnership. When the NBA club and its D-League affiliate work in harmony, a player like Thanasis already knows the system and can step in right away in case of injury.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#59 » by esqtvd » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:58 pm

After being rumored to be getting some sort of deal from the Clips, Isaiah Hicks is out--signed a training camp deal with Charlotte. Looks like the Clips will have an open competition for the other 2-way slot alongside Jamil Wilson, or maybe even wait until after the final training camp cuts.

[And now you know what an Exhibit 10 is!! :wink: I din't.]

Read on Twitter

Free-agent forward LaDontae Henton has agreed to a training camp deal with the Los Angeles Clippers, according to Chris Reichert of 2 Ways 10 Days. The team has the right to convert Henton's contract to a two-way contract as the deal includes an Exhibit 10 clause, per Reichert.

Henton spent last season in the NBA G League with the Santa Cruz Warriors, averaging 13.6 points, 5.2 rebounds, and 1.7 assists per game. He also played four games in the Philippines and averaged 33 points and 11 rebounds.

http://www.sportando.com/en/usa/nba/245083/clippers-ladontae-henton-agree-to-training-camp-deal.html
Ranma
RealGM

Agua Caliente Clippers Staff 

Post#60 » by Ranma » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:31 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Los Angeles Clippers