RealGM
And1: 4,062

Get on the Phone, Logo! 

Post#201 » by Ranma » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:52 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
TucsonClip
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Re: Chris Paul to the Rockets 

Post#202 » by TucsonClip » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:01 pm

Thats a pretty darn good replacement for Hill, albeit not exactly the best fit due to his lack of shooting. Hes a really good defender and will keep that ball moving with their slow pace. Dennis Lindsey is a really, really, good GM. He was my go-to guy before Doc came over.
Plus, why would I want to go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros.

- Shane Battier
Ranma
RealGM

Rubio Follows Pistol Pete's Path in Utah 

Post#203 » by Ranma » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:14 pm

I wouldn't have given up a first-round pick for Rubio, so I'm okay with passing on pursuing him, especially since we have Beverly. Still, I would have considered offering Beverly for Rubio.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

Redick in Demand 

Post#204 » by Ranma » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:32 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
illastrate
Starter
And1: 629

Post#205 » by illastrate » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:53 pm

bringing back Livingston would be great
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#206 » by mkwest » Sat Jul 1, 2017 12:30 am

Read on Twitter
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 724

Post#207 » by Captain Ballmer » Sat Jul 1, 2017 11:00 am

I'm very contend that we turned the page. What a page it was. Huge thanks to CP3 for a lot of excitements he brought on the floor and obvious ups and downs we have been through over the half a decade :)

For the incomers, That's a great package we got. Pat Beverley and Sam Dekker are hopefully going to be our Shaun livingston and Andre Igoudala for our next journey!
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
Ranma
RealGM

Behind the Scenes with Lawrence Frank 

Post#208 » by Ranma » Tue Jul 4, 2017 8:14 pm

Read on Twitter

On this special edition NBA A to Z podcast, USA TODAY Sports Insider Sam Amick breaks down the Chris Paul trade with Clippers executive vice president of basketball operations Lawrence Frank. How did the trade with the Houston Rockets go down? What does life look like after Paul for the Clippers? How confident is he that free agent Blake Griffin will re-sign? Frank, who works with Doc Rivers and Jerry West and others in the Clippers' front office, dissects it all. "
Ranma
RealGM

Photoshop Findings 

Post#209 » by Ranma » Thu Jul 6, 2017 9:33 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Doc Talks Versatility Post-CP3-Trade 

Post#210 » by Ranma » Sun Jul 9, 2017 5:48 pm

Read on Twitter
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#211 » by Neddy » Sun Jul 9, 2017 7:53 pm

well, let's see if Doc is telling the truth about Austin's role not changing much for the team.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#212 » by Neddy » Sun Jul 9, 2017 7:58 pm

DieHardFan wrote:I'm very contend that we turned the page. What a page it was. Huge thanks to CP3 for a lot of excitements he brought on the floor and obvious ups and downs we have been through over the half a decade :)

For the incomers, That's a great package we got. Pat Beverley and Sam Dekker are hopefully going to be our Shaun livingston and Andre Igoudala for our next journey!

you think so? I think Beverly is a starter, whether it comes from PG or SG spot. as long as Doc keeps his words about his son not starting, the logical choice for me would to start Milos and Beverly with Lou and Austin coming off the bench.

not sure what to expect out of Dekker, but he is a young fella and have room to grow, Im sure. I wish we can do something about the log jam with Lou still on board. I understand you need scoring, but I would much rather open up some minutes for Evans and Thronwell.
ehhhhh f it.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 724

Post#213 » by Captain Ballmer » Sun Jul 9, 2017 8:15 pm

Neddy wrote:
DieHardFan wrote:I'm very contend that we turned the page. What a page it was. Huge thanks to CP3 for a lot of excitements he brought on the floor and obvious ups and downs we have been through over the half a decade :)

you think so? I think Beverly is a starter, whether it comes from PG or SG spot. as long as Doc keeps his words about his son not starting, the logical choice for me would to start Milos and Beverly with Lou and Austin coming off the bench.

not sure what to expect out of Dekker, but he is a young fella and have room to grow, Im sure. I wish we can do something about the log jam with Lou still on board. I understand you need scoring, but I would much rather open up some minutes for Evans and Thronwell.

Yeap, I reference them with their contributions instead of their positions or roles. IMO, Beverley and Dekker could be great 5th and 6th guy for our journey starting 2018... first four guys are Gallo-Blake-Dj-???(Hopefully George)
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#214 » by mkwest » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:19 am

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Knicks Wanted Beverly, Rockets After Melo 

Post#215 » by Ranma » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:58 am

The Knickerbockers wanted Patrick Beverly before the Clips acquired him and, unsurprisingly, the Rockets have been in persistent pursuit of Carmelo Anthony with Chris Paul now in Houston expressing his preferences.

Ian Begley, ESPN.com (7/10/17)
Don’t be surprised if the Knicks look to trade for a veteran point guard, as well. Per sources, the Knicks had strong interest in trading for Houston’s Patrick Beverley before Beverley was dealt to the Clippers in the Chris Paul trade. It’s unclear which point guards are available via trade at the moment, but it’s long been rumored the Suns want to move Brandon Knight. Some people around the league believe that Knight or Eric Bledsoe could be available via trade at some point.

On the Anthony front, the Knicks and Anthony feel good about the possibility of completing a deal that sends him out of New York, according to sources. The Knicks and Rockets have talked about an Anthony trade recently, with Wojnarowski reporting that “the Rockets have been persistent in their pursuit of Anthony, who is willing to waive his no-trade clause to join Paul and James Harden in Houston and the Knicks do not imagine a scenario where Hardaway is sharing the floor with Anthony to start the season.”

With David Griffin Out, Knicks Focused on Carmelo Trade, Finding Veteran PG
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#216 » by mkwest » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:02 pm

Read on Twitter

Chris Paul: ‘It was time for a change’

“Little Chris was definitely the toughest. When I told him, he cried, which broke me down.”

Did you reach out to former Clippers teammates Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan about your decision?

Absolutely, I reached out to D.J. and Blake and talked to some of those guys. Jamal Crawford, some of those guys. One of the people I reached out to and talked to was [actor/Clippers fan] Billy Crystal. You have different people that come to support you night in and night out. Joe and Sharon Hernandez, I used to give them dap before every game. A guy named Steve Soboroff, who sits courtside.

And just these fans. There are fans in this Section 114. They got tattoos a few years ago that said 114. I wanted to reach out and say, ‘Thank you for the last six years.’ I just wanted to let them know their genuine kindness and support did not go unnoticed.

Is it true that you and Clippers guard Austin Rivers had a good phone conversation after you decided to go to Houston? (SportsCenter’s Michael Eaves reported that Paul resented Doc Rivers because he and other teammates thought the head coach was coddling his son Austin.)

Just like I called Blake and those guys, I called Austin. I wish him the best of luck with what he has going on in the future. … No, that report wasn’t true. If anything, Austin has grown up a lot and is getting better. I heard the report. It’s not worth responding to.

Marc J. Spears, The Undefeated
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Post#217 » by esqtvd » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:13 pm

mkwest wrote:
Read on Twitter

Been waiting to hear it from the horse's mouth. I'm sure there was plenty of chafing--everybody chafes with Chris--but Eaves's tale of Armageddon was way over the top.

_

Is it true that you and Clippers guard Austin Rivers had a good phone conversation after you decided to go to Houston? (SportsCenter’s Michael Eaves reported that Paul resented Doc Rivers because he and other teammates thought the head coach was coddling his son Austin.)

Just like I called Blake and those guys, I called Austin. I wish him the best of luck with what he has going on in the future. … No, that report wasn’t true. If anything, Austin has grown up a lot and is getting better. I heard the report. It’s not worth responding to.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,063

A lot of things cleared up with Paul's response 

Post#218 » by og15 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:38 am

It wasn't very believable in the first place, just didn't make sense and line up with other reports, but it's good to have Paul clear up a lot of the rumors.

Did you reach out to former Clippers teammates Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan about your decision?

Absolutely, I reached out to D.J. and Blake and talked to some of those guys. Jamal Crawford, some of those guys. One of the people I reached out to and talked to was [actor/Clippers fan] Billy Crystal. You have different people that come to support you night in and night out. Joe and Sharon Hernandez, I used to give them dap before every game. A guy named Steve Soboroff, who sits courtside.

And just these fans. There are fans in this Section 114. They got tattoos a few years ago that said 114. I wanted to reach out and say, ‘Thank you for the last six years.’ I just wanted to let them know their genuine kindness and support did not go unnoticed.

Any calls or texts from other NBA players that stood out after you chose Houston?

’Bron [James], Melo [Anthony] and D [Wade] obviously hit me about how happy they were for me. Guys like Rudy Gay, Jarrett Jack reached out. I’ve talked to D.J. [Jordan] a lot. That means a lot. He’s from Houston

Actually seems like CP and the rest of the guys actually did have a fairly good relationship.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#219 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:43 am

It's obvious that the whole BS story about Austin and Doc was leaked from CP3's camp, so his denials seem completely disingenuous to me.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,063

Post#220 » by og15 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:49 am

MartinToVaught wrote:It's obvious that the whole BS story about Austin and Doc was leaked from CP3's camp, so his denials seem completely disingenuous to me.

Whatever one wants to be obvious will be obvious to them

Return to Los Angeles Clippers