Chris Paul to the Rockets

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

pughead
Ballboy
And1: 3

Re: Chris Paul to the Rockets 

Post#41 » by pughead » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:26 pm

wassuphomeboy wrote:
pughead wrote:I think you guys are going to be so happy when Paul is two years into the huge contract he's going to sign and it's not your problem to deal with.

Let us know when another CP3 type talent comes around because they totally grow on trees everywhere

You're not wrong, but time catches up with everyone.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Fingers Poised on the Self-Destruct Button 

Post#42 » by Ranma » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:27 pm

I'm at a loss for words right now, but I will say that I want the rebuild to start in earnest right now with Doc pushed right out the door. It will pain me to see CP and EJ together in Rocket uniforms, but I'm going to have to find a new favorite player now as I think the Point God is being short-sighted in his choice of destination. Plus, he was the one that prompted us to trade a first-round pick for Doc. I'm particularly bitter that he's willing to sacrifice for the Rockets but not us since he apparently has more faith in Morey than Doc as roster builder. I want us to pursue Ricky Rubio.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,302

Post#43 » by Dynamix » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:32 pm

I'm excited after this trade. Feels like it could've been way worse, at least both parties got something out of it.

Yeah, CP is an amazing player that made us relevant, but what exactly was the plan going forward? Hope we stay healthy while the Warriors have multiple key season ending injuries? It was the right time to shake things up and with Chris gone, maybe Doc is on his way out as well.
Lava Rock Kid
Sixth Man
And1: 358

Post#44 » by Lava Rock Kid » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:39 pm

[url][/url]
Lava Rock Kid
Sixth Man
And1: 358

Post#45 » by Lava Rock Kid » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:41 pm

my bad that video may have been when he was traded to the clipps. I heard it was posted recently
Ranma
RealGM

Pieces of the Puzzle 

Post#46 » by Ranma » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:45 pm

I don't blame the Clippers with reluctance not to pay Paul a retirement contract. I can accept the trade given the circumstances. While I'm open to keeping Griffin, especially if it's not for a full max deal, he and DJ would only hurt our lottery chances without getting us anywhere in the postseason.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Post#47 » by Forte IV » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:50 pm

Read on Twitter
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
UKClipperfan
Junior
And1: 181

Post#48 » by UKClipperfan » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:51 pm

Its a good deal considering most free agents in this situation just leave for nothing. I can't find the tweet, but someone said CP didn't want to leave the Clippers high and dry, which I'm not completely buying. Trade benefits the Rockets by keeping their MLE and benefits CP by getting the most amount of money on his next contract, apart from the 5 year max with LA obviously.
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#49 » by NBAWestFan » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:53 pm

I think CP did the Clippers a favor in saving them $$.

They were top 2 in the West and struggle to be 3 or 4.
Adding a huge contract of CP3 at this stage would have handcuff them.

Now the Clippers can rebuild but have to be patient.

CP3 a great point but with Harden will look good. A guy who can put it in the hoop
Ranma
RealGM

Damage Control Operation 

Post#50 » by Ranma » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:54 pm

Like, Kevin O' Connor said, can you imagine how we'd be dealing with Paul's departure with Doc running things and West not around? He's probably hyperventilating in a corner right now while the Logo is on the phone working things with Frank assisting in the damage control effort.
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,089

The Chris Paul Pond Clears 

Post#51 » by Wammy Giveaway » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:54 pm

FIVE teams will be involved in the Chris Paul trade.

1: Clippers (shipping Chris Paul to Rockets, receiving players and picks)
2: Rockets (shipping Patrick Beverley, Sam Dekker, Lou Williams, Montrezl Harrell and picks to Clippers)
3: Mavericks (shipping DeAndre Liggins to Rockets for cash, aggregation purposes)
4: Blazers (shipping Tim Quarterman to Rockets for cash, aggregation purposes)
5: Hawks (shipping Ryan Kelly to Rockets for cash, aggregation purposes)

This has to be a trade record.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,295

Post#52 » by nickhx2 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:55 pm

hmm harrell too, not bad
Ranma
RealGM

Lowe Likes 

Post#53 » by Ranma » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:55 pm

It sounds like Montrezl Harrell gives us a lot of what I thought Jordan Bell would have given us. :thumbsup:

Forte IV wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 774

Post#54 » by donemilio21 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:55 pm

Forte IV wrote:
Read on Twitter

great. an undersized PF who has as bad shooting range as DJ. :banghead:
Ranma
RealGM

Dork Elvis with Some Rock N' Roll Maneuvering 

Post#55 » by Ranma » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:05 pm

Read on Twitter
Angel strike1
Lead Assistant
And1: 641

Post#56 » by Angel strike1 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:08 pm

I am just shocked. I don't get this for either side.

Clippers get ride of course Penni's on $. Guess better then nothing...

Houston didn't get better. Harden had best season having ball on his hand. Neither shoots great and both want ball.....

At least if he joined lebron or Spurs would make sense. He still going to lose round 1-2:(

Honestly at this point really hope we sign Blake. At least he young and gets better. Just needs to avoid injuries.

Men I don't know :(

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#57 » by nickhx2 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:09 pm

if the team keeps blake but not jj, and possibly moves jordan we'd have money to go after paul george in FA right?
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,250

Post#58 » by wco81 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:20 pm

So all those reports from a couple of months ago about the team having verbal agreements on max extensions for Paul and Griffin were wrong?

David Aldridge's tweet suggests the Clippers were unwilling to give CP3 the super max. That could certainly have made him look elsewhere and if the Clippers really didn't want to give him that deal, he's found another team willing to.

But if the Rockets don't get past the second round next season, those plans could change again.

With two guards coming in, no room for Reddick. Unless they acquire another PG, Austin Rivers is the new starting PG?

Griffin may be happy about not having to play with Paul any more but maybe he looks for other teams instead of one which just lost an all-star level PG?
Ranma
RealGM

Accounting of Total Trade Haul 

Post#59 » by Ranma » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:20 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#60 » by nickhx2 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:23 pm

wco81 wrote:So all those reports from a couple of months ago about the team having verbal agreements on max extensions for Paul and Griffin were wrong?

David Aldridge's tweet suggests the Clippers were unwilling to give CP3 the super max. That could certainly have made him look elsewhere and if the Clippers really didn't want to give him that deal, he's found another team willing to.

But if the Rockets don't get past the second round next season, those plans could change again.

With two guards coming in, no room for Reddick. Unless they acquire another PG, Austin Rivers is the new starting PG?

Griffin may be happy about not having to play with Paul any more but maybe he looks for other teams instead of one which just lost an all-star level PG?

i don't recall any agreements. the only thing i remember is blake saying he really wanted to stay in LA and resign.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers