ImageImageImageImageImage

Chris Paul to the Rockets

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

MelosSoreWrist
Analyst
And1: 1,565

Re: Chris Paul to the Rockets 

Post#81 » by MelosSoreWrist » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:46 pm

Plashke said on the radio this morning that Paul had been working a landing spot this summer since the middle of last season when Blake got hurt.

Hope CP3 doesnt get hurt and lose out on his 205 mil contract....
NYK 455 wrote:
greenhughes wrote:I hope Melo leaves and wins a championship and rubs it all in our face.

How does that make you better than the Lin, Gallo, and Wil fans who root for them over NY?
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Post#82 » by Downtown » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:48 pm

Blazers fan here. I think your team did just fine given the circumstances. Paul could have left for nothing and signed somewhere. You got two really good young prospects in Harrell and Dekker. You also got an all defensive player. The only piece that I'm trying to figure out is Lou and whether him and Crawford mesh or if they're too similar? A first rounder is never a bad asset. Nor is a trade exemption.

All in all a pretty good haul and something to build with going forward rather than simply staying the course and see what, if any cap room would have brought in from just letting Paul walk. You can't be upset about this. I really want to believe Jerry West had a hand in it, which if he did is a terrific move.
MelosSoreWrist
Analyst
And1: 1,565

Post#83 » by MelosSoreWrist » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:49 pm

Also I could totally see Griffin being given the keys to the offense and him averaging a triple double MVP year. Griffin has to be the primary facilitator with Beverly and Rivers as guards.
NYK 455 wrote:
greenhughes wrote:I hope Melo leaves and wins a championship and rubs it all in our face.

How does that make you better than the Lin, Gallo, and Wil fans who root for them over NY?
sonic the laker
Junior
And1: 208

Post#84 » by sonic the laker » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:55 pm

thenbaman wrote:Chris pauls better days are behind him now,and besides it could be worst
you could be laker fans lol

Wasn't intending to post anything on the Clippers forum, out of respect, especially in light of current events. But, couldn't let this comment fly, without a response.

Exactly how is your situation better than ours. You just lost your star player that was the main engine running LOB City. You have no promising young prospects to speak of, and your roster now consists of a oft injured PF, a defensive center that's a has no offensive value, other than dunks, and role players. But, at least you have cap space.

Yep. Waaaaay better than the Lakers. :nonono:

ZOOM!!!!!!!
ZOOM!!!!!!!!!
Don Tommy
Senior
And1: 283

Post#85 » by Don Tommy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:58 pm

So who is going to be the Rocket's new coach? And I'm not looking forward to Lou, Jamal and Austin coming off the bench. This has to be the first of more moves, right?
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,260

Post#86 » by nickhx2 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:59 pm

sonic the laker wrote:
thenbaman wrote:Chris pauls better days are behind him now,and besides it could be worst

Wasn't intending to post anything on the Clippers forum, out of respect, especially in light of current events. But, couldn't let this comment fly, without a response.

Exactly how is your situation better than ours. You just lost your star player that was the main engine running LOB City. You have no promising young prospects to speak of, and your roster now consists of a oft injured PF, a defensive center that's a has no offensive value, other than dunks, and role players. But, at least you have cap space.

ZOOM!!!!!!!

lol? how is it not clear by the context that that's not a clipper fan who said that, just some random guy wandering into this forum. you're getting really angry at clip fans for no reason at all.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,157

Post#87 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:04 pm

I'd rather have Jerry West in charge of our rebuild than Magic.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Re: RE: Re: Chris Paul to the Rockets 

Post#88 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:04 pm

DLaren wrote:While everyone else is hyper-ventilating, I'm feeling like we won the trade.

Well, technically, Houston won the trade because they got the best player in this deal...but we got 4 guys who could start, 3 reserves, and a draft pick -- I'm not feeling like a loser right now.

CP3 is still my favorite player and I thank him for the last 5 years -- and I thank him again for helping us get this haul on his way out.

If Blake re-signs, we'll still be a 4th or 5th seeded playoff team...except now we'll have a little more flexibility to improve going forward.

It's a good time to be a Clippers fan.

Beverly and Juwan Evans are going to do a pretty good job at point guard.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,260

Post#89 » by nickhx2 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:08 pm

btw i just wanna add that some of you guys who are visiting to commiserate with us are really cool. nobody is obligated to do that but doing it anyway says only positive things about you as a person.
sonic the laker
Junior
And1: 208

Post#90 » by sonic the laker » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:10 pm

nickhx2 wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

ZOOM!!!!!!!

lol? how is it not clear by the context that that's not a clipper fan who said that, just some random guy wandering into this forum. you're getting really angry at clip fans for no reason at all.

I'm not mad at anyone. There's nothing for me to be mad about. Incredulous, yes. Mad, no.

Also, if the poster I quoted is indeed a "random" poster, than my post would be directed at him, not at any Clippers fans. Just to be clear.

Like I said before, I'm well aware of how a lot of Clipper fans may be feeling now, given recent developments. Not my intention to troll, or rub salt in wounds.

ZOOM!!!!!!
ZOOM!!!!!!!!!
TucsonClip
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Post#91 » by TucsonClip » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:12 pm

I havent read this entire thread yet, but im going to post my response and try to keep it somewhat brief.

First, and I dont have any sources on this, I wouldnt be surprised if the Clippers balked at giving CP3 the full five-year max with a no trade clause. No idea if that happened or not, but I would have went down that road. Paying him $50 mil at age 38 was a deal breaker, IMO.

Second, props to Chris for being up front with the FO and getting a return package for the organization. All things considered, that haul is pretty damn good. You can make a case its better than the one for Butler or Cousins.

Third, this isnt a rebuild. At least if West has any influence over it. This is a re-tool and I think we are a playoff team with Blake back and a few other moves. I like the fit of Beverley at the point, with Blake running the show (ill get to him later). Lou is a good fit off the bench. Dekker provides a legitimate SF who can should turn into a good shooter, has good athleticism, seems like someone West would like. Harrell is a great throw in piece. Obviously, that #1 next year helps no matter which way we go.

I enjoyed the time Chris spent here and was never on the "bash CP3 bandwagon." He legitimized the franchise, he put us in title contention, albeit for a small and busted window a few years back, and did everything in his power to win. Ill miss him and have no hard feelings at all.

The next step is Blake. I dont think you can just toss out the full max at him. I think there needs to be a clear plan in place, and negotiations on what kind of contract we offer him. I dont think we push him out, as this is his franchise now, but we need to be competitive with the offer, just not a full max (IMO). I love the idea of him finally getting to run the offense, and I think he will as well.

Redick is gone. I dont think the Clippers can pay him, nor should they want to. Dont tie up your money in older guys.

We have plenty of options to move forward from here. I could come up with pages, upon pages of ideas. Hell, why not start with Paul George? But, thats for another day in the doldrums of summer after the dust settles.

Finally, while I do think Eaves' report about CP3, Doc, Austin is somewhat true, dont believe everything you read.
Plus, why would I want to go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros.

- Shane Battier
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,831

Post#92 » by ejftw » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:13 pm

Didn't read most of the thread, but I'm sure I'm one of the few people on here that genuinely likes the move, even moreso if the speculation that Paul stated he was leaving anyway is true.

And this was before I found out about the Montrezl Harrell addition.
wassuphomeboy
Junior
And1: 236

Post#93 » by wassuphomeboy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:16 pm

Lots of rationalization going on in this thread. There really is no good way to spin this. We lost a top 10 player, at worst, for pennies on the dollar, and who knows when, or even if, we'll be able to find the next one either in free agency or in the draft. Rebuilds don't guarantee anything, and the false hope they generate can often cloud reality.
I root for players always, organizations sometimes.

I don't know how I'm ever going to forgive the Clippers' new front office.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#94 » by bondom34 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:38 pm

Hey guys, just wanted to say sorry. You all know I've always respected your team and was hoping they'd stick together, good luck this year and in the future. I know how you're feeling right now, it'll get better in time.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Jagic Mohnson
Pro Prospect
And1: 680

Post#95 » by Jagic Mohnson » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:44 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:I'd rather have Jerry West in charge of our rebuild than Magic.

Nobody wants to play with Blake Griffen. You guys will have a hard time bringing in top notch Free Agents. He is probably the most hated player in the NBA.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#96 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:51 pm

Jagic Mohnson wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:I'd rather have Jerry West in charge of our rebuild than Magic.

Nobody wants to play with Blake Griffen. You guys will have a hard time bringing in top notch Free Agents. He is probably the most hated player in the NBA.

And your proof of that is...? Funny how all the stories about a Clippers player being notoriously hard to get along with have revolved around Chris, not Blake.

Seems like Isaiah Thomas wants to play with Blake, judging from how he's publicly begging for Blake to come to Boston:

Read on Twitter
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,882

Post#97 » by esqtvd » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:52 pm

bondom34 wrote:Hey guys, just wanted to say sorry. You all know I've always respected your team and was hoping they'd stick together, good luck this year and in the future. I know how you're feeling right now, it'll get better in time.

Clipperdom seems just fine with it, no mourning. It was a nice run but nobody's gonna catch GSW for a few years anyway, and that's exactly when CP's huge money and old age would kick in.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#98 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:55 pm

wassuphomeboy wrote:Lots of rationalization going on in this thread. There really is no good way to spin this. We lost a top 10 player, at worst, for pennies on the dollar, and who knows when, or even if, we'll be able to find the next one either in free agency or in the draft. Rebuilds don't guarantee anything, and the false hope they generate can often cloud reality.

The real "false hope" would have been running back the same old team for more years, hoping to get lucky one of these years. Rebuilds don't always work, but sometimes they do. The status quo was guaranteed to not work. I'd rather have some hope for a brighter future for this franchise than no hope at all.
LACtdom
Sixth Man
And1: 341

Post#99 » by LACtdom » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:01 pm

For the last couple of years I've been hoping to wake up to a blockbuster trade where Clippers were on the receiving end. Oh well, I'm happy for Paul and quite frankly it was the smart move by him.
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,834

Post#100 » by Sofia » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:51 pm

Lava Rock Kid wrote:[url][/url]

That's from 5 years ago you dope
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub

Return to Los Angeles Clippers