ImageImageImageImageImage

Starting unit

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

kololoco
Sophomore
And1: 241

Starting unit 

Post#1 » by kololoco » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:26 pm

I must admit I am a fan of Milos, and I was shocked that both Austin and Avery got the nod to be in the starting five in front of him since I consider him the superior player to both, and more importantly a better fit to play alongside each of them, than Avery and Austin together.
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Re: Starting unit 

Post#2 » by QRich3 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:35 pm

They haven't played a lot yet (62 mins), but that starting line up with Austin and Bradley has the best numbers of any line up currently available. They have a NetRtg of +13.7 and a DRtg of 90.3 which are really good numbers.

I also like Milos/Bradley more for the starting unit though, at least on paper.
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#3 » by Galloisdaman » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:33 pm

I think Austin has some real pluses to his driving/shooting/defensive game but I'd rather see Milo, Harris, or Lou distribute the ball as playmakers.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#4 » by Neddy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:31 am

MIlos is playing hurt. he is not 100% from any of his injuries he has supposed to have suffered. either that he is out of shape, because he is on 15 minute-ish playing time limits. I'm leaning towards the injury hypothesis.
ehhhhh f it.
illastrate
Starter
And1: 629

Post#5 » by illastrate » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:06 pm

I think Milos may claw his way back into the starting lineup as he gets healthier. However, Austin x Bradley makes for a much better defensive backcourt. Plus Austin is currently a better shooter than Milos at the NBA level.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#6 » by Neddy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:19 am

illastrate wrote:I think Milos may claw his way back into the starting lineup as he gets healthier. However, Austin x Bradley makes for a much better defensive backcourt. Plus Austin is currently a better shooter than Milos at the NBA level.

I am secretly hoping we not only make the playoffs, but Beverly makes it back just before the playoffs.

just imagine the

Beverly-Avery-Harris-DJ defense. I think Gallo at 4 will do at least average.

not that I am wishing or anything, but if Blake goes under for several weeks as he usually does by this time around a season, the Pistons can drop in the rankings and turn into a maybe not golden, but a silver goose egg.
ehhhhh f it.
illastrate
Starter
And1: 629

Post#7 » by illastrate » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:47 am

Neddy wrote:
illastrate wrote:I think Milos may claw his way back into the starting lineup as he gets healthier. However, Austin x Bradley makes for a much better defensive backcourt. Plus Austin is currently a better shooter than Milos at the NBA level.

I am secretly hoping we not only make the playoffs, but Beverly makes it back just before the playoffs.

just imagine the

Beverly-Avery-Harris-DJ defense. I think Gallo at 4 will do at least average.

not that I am wishing or anything, but if Blake goes under for several weeks as he usually does by this time around a season, the Pistons can drop in the rankings and turn into a maybe not golden, but a silver goose egg.

I want Bev back too, although the logistics of distributing mins for Bev/Austin/Bradley/Milos/Lou will be very tough. Also, Wallace will be out of the rotation altogether.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#8 » by Neddy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:24 am

there is always next season.

once Avery leaves after FA, the rotation will consolidate itself just fine. plus, I think Wallace can play 3 imo.
ehhhhh f it.
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 773

Post#9 » by donemilio21 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:28 am

I think Milos will come off the bench until he is able to play 30 minutes a game, every game. He doesn't look like he can play more than 15-20 minutes at the moment.
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 773

Post#10 » by donemilio21 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:29 am

It would have been really cool to have Beverly/Bradley backcourt too.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers