This is amazing

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,197

Re: Kawhi Leonard? 

Post#583 » by Max Headrom » Sat May 18, 2019 6:30 am

Vae Victus wrote:Kawhi is most definitely gone from TOR

The more i watch the series the more i think its' really the coaching staff that's screwing the team over. TOR has talent but Nurse is an incompetent buffoon who's basically using Kawhi like he's Harden/Kobe. ISO starting from the top of the 3pt line over and over again and not draw up any sets or schemes to get easy shots for anyone.

MIL basically did a clinic on what happens when a coach trusts his bench and gets them run. A bench/role player will step up and give the team a good burst, and helping rest the starters (Giannis is basically logging 36mins a game while Kawhi has to go 42+ cuz Nurse refuses to use the bench).

I'm REAL curious to see what Doc would do with such a singular talent in Kawhi. I highly doubt he'd run him into the ground like Nurse is doing by making him earn every damn bucket the hard way.

If Kawhi comes, with the Clippers constant movement offense, he'd be even more lethal and doesn't have to carry such a load. But at the end of the day, if the Clippers NEED him to go iso, well, he's one of the best...
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Kawhi is Indeed More Attractive Free Agent 

Post#584 » by Ranma » Sun May 19, 2019 9:23 am

LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#585 » by Quake Griffin » Mon May 20, 2019 2:30 am

Is his leg okay?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#586 » by wco81 » Mon May 20, 2019 2:48 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Is his leg okay?

He gutted it out.

Definitely bothering him and a lot of his shots were flat and short.

He struggled to burst over smaller players though Bucks were basically roaming to contest any penetration with their great length.

But then he had that monster dunk on transition.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#587 » by Quake Griffin » Mon May 20, 2019 2:50 am

Wonder how many games he will sit out next year because of it.

30?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#588 » by wco81 » Mon May 20, 2019 2:53 am

You hope it isn't the same issue which caused him to miss most of 2017-2018.

On the bench, they had some high pad he sat on and his left knee/leg was in some wrap.
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#589 » by QRich3 » Tue May 21, 2019 11:53 am

From what I've read, it's a quad issue similar to the one Blake has. It will be recurring for the rest of his career, and he probably will have to miss games at the worst times. Blake had an amazing season this year, but when it mattered most he was hurt, which is a feeling we already know with him.

madmaxmedia wrote:
QRich3 wrote:[Yah, I'm with you on that, but there's a case to be made about how winning is good not only to make you attractive to FA, but it also improves everyone's value. Shai and Sham have more value because of it, Lou and Harrell as well, Gallo is now a guy you can trade without having to attach a pick to him, etc. Now maybe you don't want to trade any of those guys, but if a great opportunity arises (say AD wants to come and there's no one offering a ton), you have the liquidity to make the most of it. So you maybe lose a lot of value by not having a good pick, but you build back value in other places.

But yeah, if it was up to me, we'd be praying for luck in tonight's lottery.

There are 2 sides to this for sure, but also we can’t have it both ways- develop young talent and a winning culture, but also compete for a top lottery pick.

Either you want to make the lottery, or you are happy at SGA and Landry’s progress this year, LouWill and Trez’s 6th man of year type seasons, PBev’s fire this year, etc. Because as it ended up we were simply significantly better than we needed to be to miss the playoffs.

I myself vote for the latter. We may strike out in free agency, but I will take it all as we are right now.

I would have seen the long term benefit in trading say Gallo at the deadline, but I don’t think we should resort to shenanigans like resting healthy players for the last 20 games, etc.

Definitely, I'm not trying to have all two. I'm saying what I would do is clear, but I'm ok with choosing the other path. For me, the possibility of being in the mid lottery and having the luck to draft Zion like the Pels did from 7th, it trumps everything else. Shai and Sham's development, whatever jump in value all of the veterans have, whatever star free agent you might get. All of that doesn't matter if you end up getting a HOF prospect, that's the highest upside play possible.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,739

Post#590 » by madmaxmedia » Tue May 21, 2019 3:01 pm

Landing Zion would’ve trumped all, but that’s of course only with the hindsight of being lucky enough to win it. the lottery is quite the crapshoot now (in a good way IMO.)
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#591 » by QRich3 » Tue May 21, 2019 3:29 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:Landing Zion would’ve trumped all, but that’s of course only with the hindsight of being lucky enough to win it. the lottery is quite the crapshoot now (in a good way IMO.)

Yeah, and yet the upside of having that luck trumps all of the rest, including the downside of going for the lottery and ending up with the 8th pick. From my POV anyway, it's not like it's a clear case, and that's why I'm saying I'm ok with the path they're choosing.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#592 » by Quake Griffin » Tue May 21, 2019 9:51 pm

You build through the draft and develop a team with good scouts and good coaching to develop the talent.

You don't build for a 4-5 year window with a superstar who may be out of his prime when the window is over. His Blake Griffin Injury is all the more reason we shouldn't have been balls deep into making this season about him.

Any loser can look over into someone else's lane and say they want Kawhi.
Anybody can covet Aaron Rodgers or Mike Trout.

Good teams find theirs.

I am afraid that even if we sign this guy, the juice might not end up being worth the squeeze.

I want Shai and Sham to have young players that can grow with them. Not some vet who is way older than them, forcing a garbage time table on them and ruining the culture here.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#593 » by Quake Griffin » Wed May 22, 2019 5:54 pm

More limping last night.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#594 » by Quake Griffin » Fri May 24, 2019 3:05 am

If he wasn't leaving Toronto before, he's definitely gone after tonight.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#595 » by MartinToVaught » Fri May 24, 2019 3:09 am

Quake Griffin wrote:If he wasn't leaving Toronto before, he's definitely gone after tonight.

Couldn't disagree more. He's staying 100%. That shot against the Sixers pretty much solidified it, but going to the Finals clinches it.

Either we land KD or we move to a more patient rebuild instead of chasing free agents, those are our options.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#596 » by Quake Griffin » Fri May 24, 2019 3:11 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:If he wasn't leaving Toronto before, he's definitely gone after tonight.

Couldn't disagree more. He's staying 100%. That shot against the Sixers pretty much solidified it, but going to the Finals clinches it.

Either we land KD or we move to a more patient rebuild instead of chasing free agents, those are our options.

I should have used green font.
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#597 » by QRich3 » Fri May 24, 2019 10:26 am

He wasn't coming 100% when all the reports were suggesting so all year, and he isn't staying 100% now either. He doesn't strike me as a guy that's gonna put that much weight into the whole hero of Canada storyline. If it's true he wants to live in California, he'll do so regardless of the Raptors winning it all, falling in OT of game 7 or not even going to the Finals. If he's comfortable though, he'll stay regardless of all those things too. Don't think we can predict it based on narrative.

He is absolutely killing it these playoffs though, it's a pleasure to watch him.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#598 » by Quake Griffin » Fri May 24, 2019 11:09 am

He has a ton of motivation.

Skip Baylee’s is ripping him every morning and on Twitter.

It’s kind of worse than the LeBron thing Skip has because Skip is truly questioning his character and calling him a liar essentially.

He can say he doesn’t care but that gets back to him.
itsme23
Rookie
And1: 1,064

Post#599 » by itsme23 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:40 pm

The deeper the playoff stretch the higher the probability he stays in Toronto I think.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,739

Post#600 » by madmaxmedia » Fri May 24, 2019 4:14 pm

itsme23 wrote:The deeper the playoff stretch the higher the probability he stays in Toronto I think.

It definitely would have helped if Milwaukee had won that Game 3 OT...

Return to Los Angeles Clippers