ImageImageImageImageImage

Dekker

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

jimbo7
Freshman
And1: 12

Dekker 

Post#1 » by jimbo7 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:17 pm

Why hasn’t Dekker worked out? I was excited when the clippers got him in the trade. He is more athletic than people think and excels on the open floor. I know he lost his confidence in his jump shot because it wasn’t going down, but some mock drafts had him as a Gordon Hayward type player. Do you think he’ll have a future in the nba?

With rumors of the clippers possibly trading 12, 13 and Harris, he may get more burn and get time to shine. Hopefully he works hard this summer
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Re: Dekker 

Post#2 » by Forte IV » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:50 pm

He can't be anything in this league unless he regains his shot, plain and simple.
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#3 » by esqtvd » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:41 pm

The first rule is: You do not talk about race. The second is: You DO NOT TALK ABOUT RACE!

Los Angeles Clippers Forward Sam Dekker Embroiled In ‘White Culture’ Online Debate

https://deadline.com/2018/06/los-angeles-clippers-forward-sam-dekker-embroiled-in-white-culture-online-debate-1202411865/
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
KXKriszna
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#4 » by KXKriszna » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:50 pm

As much as I really hoped he would become a great help from the bench, now I wish we trade him for someone who actually can do something more than drive on a fairly open basket...
I liked him a lot a the beginning of the season and always wished him well but now In my view, he is the only player in our roster that has no use and I don't see him being better next season.
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#5 » by QRich3 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:56 pm

I never thought he was gonna become an NBA player tbh. He's not really NBA-good at anything and he'll probably struggle to get another contract when his rookie deal is up. Although I also did think that about Harrell when he came here, and I was wrong about him.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Rehabilitation Project 

Post#6 » by Ranma » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:01 pm

I agree with Forte IV. Sam Dekker's shot is key to unlocking his total game. I suspect it's more of a mental block than issues with his mechanics. This is why I want talent developers and skills coaches on the team. They're not just for rookies.

His trade value is at an all-time low, so I wouldn't move him unless he was necessary for LeBron or Kawhi. Wesley Johnson has gotten many more chances than Dekker and Dekker should easily be the better player through his consistent effort alone. I'd be more concerned with trying to get his game going than looking to move him right now.

The previous issue with Dekker was his health, so maybe that plays a part in the mental block shackling his game.

LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Dekker Trending on Twitter for Wrong Reasons 

Post#7 » by Ranma » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:08 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip

Return to Los Angeles Clippers