ImageImageImageImageImage

Clippers planning to part ways with Milos Teodosic?

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Clippers planning to part ways with Milos Teodosic? 

Post#1 » by mkwest » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:01 pm

Read on Twitter

Clippers, Milos Teodosic not expected to continue together next season

Milos Teodosic's tenure with the Los Angeles Clippers may finish after just one season. The Los Angeles Clippers, in fact, are not planning to keep the Serbian point guard for the next season, a league source told Sportando. Teodosic has a player option, worth $6.3 mln, for the next season, that he can exercise until June 24, but his deal won't become fully guaranteed until July 15. If the Clippers will decide to waive him before July 15, they'd only have to pay him $2.1 mln. The Clippers are moving towards in the direction of parting ways with Teodosic, a league source told Sportando.

If Clippers will, in fact, waive Teodosic, there's a growing feeling around the league that he may consider a return in Europe, if the right offer will present itself, a source told Sportando. But interest from other NBA teams can't be ruled out at this point.

Orazio Cauchi, Sportando

Could easily be used as trade filler.
KXKriszna
Ballboy
And1: 8

Re: Clippers planning to part ways with Milos Teodosic? 

Post#2 » by KXKriszna » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:33 pm

It's a bit sad but it's a right move. He was no one on D and his offense wasn't as great as we expected I think.
He had a great impact on us but it was on a team where Bev was injured and we were struggling to find our style.
Now if we draft SGA or Sexton and Bev will be healthy there won't be a place for him + we still have J.Evans. We need to make space for young PGs...
But I wish we trade him even for a bag of candy rather than waive him
TucsonClip
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Post#3 » by TucsonClip » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:04 am

Too many guards projected on the roster. Im fine with this.
Plus, why would I want to go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros.

- Shane Battier
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,898

Post#4 » by esqtvd » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:26 am

I'm not even sure he's an NBA player, at least not 20 mpg worth. The 3-pointer came around and I love the SportsCenter passes, but the D is bad and the TOs way too high.

If he were 21 and not 31, different story.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#5 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:40 am

We're building our team around Patrick Beverly's toughness and his return from microfracture surgery.

No room for Milos.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,271

Post#6 » by nickhx2 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:23 am

i was actually worried he'd be retained
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,212

Post#7 » by Clemenza » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:47 am

This is a good move. He didn't look like he was in NBA shape in the first place
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Teodosic Joining Rubio & Ingles in Utah? 

Post#8 » by Ranma » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:40 am

Hopefully, we can find a way to trade Milos Teodosic to clear the $2.1 million owed before waiving him. Maybe a team like the Jazz would be interested in him since coach Quin Snyder is a big fan. Teodosic could both back up and mentor Rubio and might be a good fit for them

The Jazz have cap space and could also not pick up their option on Raul Neto to offset the deal to acquire Teodosic. However, the problem is Neto is younger, cheaper, and not as prone to injury.

In any case, it's not much money to overly fret about but it's something I'd pursue as every little bit helps with regards to our cap flexibility in pursuit of premier free agents.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#9 » by QRich3 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:31 am

Yeah, it's too bad he wasn't a part of this team when we were good, but it's the right move for both parts right now.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,178

Post#10 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:51 pm

I personally hope we keep Milos. We're a better team when he's playing. And if we do trade up for Doncic, he's the perfect veteran leader for Doncic to learn from.
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,290

Post#11 » by playaloc916 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:38 pm

He was pretty solid in the later half of the season and I loved his flashy passes... If we do part ways with him, I hope we can pick up a pass first/playmaking pg,

Beverly is more of a 3&D pg, and I'm not even sure if Ty Wallace is on the team anymore... The rest of the guards like Rivers and Lou are shoot first guards, we need a playmaker to balance that out.
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#12 » by Galloisdaman » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:58 pm

I understand the previously mentioned concerns but I did feel he got other guys engaged in the game more than some of the other guards.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
statsman42
Freshman
And1: 62

Post#13 » by statsman42 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:59 pm

The draft was a giant neon sign confirming the Clippers do not view Milos as part of their future, IMO.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,112

Post#14 » by og15 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:02 pm

Milos wasn't bad by any means, but he's not a must retain type player for a team like this. The signing of Milos was a win now move when the team was first trying to build around Blake. With the already huge glut of guards, it just doesn't make sense to keep him on the roster at this point. He did pretty well despite the injuries, efficient enough, his shot came along, he could catch and shoot, pull up, etc, great vision in the pick and roll, but also a bit turnover prone. Defensively he wasn't great one on one, but he also wasn't terrible, just that he could be picked on. He was solid enough and should help a playoff team.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Opting in for Severance Package 

Post#15 » by Ranma » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:17 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,600

Post#16 » by Skybox » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:18 am

Trade him to the Magic. We could give him 20 min behind (ahead of?) DJ Augustin at PG until we find our PG of the future. We have young bigs who could back him up on D and who Milos could make look good on the other end with his passing. How about straight up for Jonathan Simmons (who I don't want to give but it's a match and we have TRoss coming back)
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,898

Post#17 » by esqtvd » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:09 am

Skybox wrote:Trade him to the Magic. We could give him 20 min behind (ahead of?) DJ Augustin at PG until we find our PG of the future. We have young bigs who could back him up on D and who Milos could make look good on the other end with his passing. How about straight up for Jonathan Simmons (who I don't want to give but it's a match and we have TRoss coming back)

Simmons is mostly a 2

we have plenty of 'em
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,600

Post#18 » by Skybox » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:25 am

I'd prefer Vuc, but apparently you're stockpiling centers (and point guards) too.
TucsonClip
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Post#19 » by TucsonClip » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:41 am

Moving him for Simmons might make sense, as Simmons is only costing us $1M in the summer of 2019. That said, I think the organization would prefer to roll with Wes Johnson as a reserve wing, and give minutes to the rookies and Wallace instead. Assuming, they dont make a move for someone else who can play some minutes at the 2/3.
Plus, why would I want to go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros.

- Shane Battier
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#20 » by QRich3 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:31 am

I think it's best to just cut him and take the $2M hit than getting another small-ish wing/guard that takes minutes away from the kids, and then on top of it having another small hit for next year's free agency.

We could use some bigger wings though, so if we can trade him for someone like Aminu or Sefolosha, I'd do it.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers