Post#1 » by Ranma » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:14 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Re: Ballmer's CourtVision 

Post#2 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:38 pm

This is some really cool tech. Just imagine what the networks will do with it when they inevitably start applying it to national broadcasts and other sports.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

The Ringer Gives It a Try 

Post#3 » by Ranma » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:09 pm

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,221

Post#4 » by wco81 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:53 pm

Those graphics overlays aren't that useful to me. I don't need to see lightning animations like this was a video game.

Now maybe a casual viewer who's not familiar with the players might appreciate it but reminds me when Fox tried to put circles and streaks under the puck in NHL broadcasts because they thought making it easier to follow the puck would help the game be more popular.

I like the first down line in NFL games and that sort of thing but player name labels and cartoonish animations don't do it for me.

Now I am interested in the advanced stats though. I notice ESPN cites Second Spectrum stats and I'm curious to know more but it's probably a subscription service. But when they show those shot probability numbers, I'd like to know how they calculate those.

It would make sense if they say this player makes 50% of corner 3s from the right corner. That could be useful data but I don't know if it needs to be in an augmented display.

Steve Ballmer said he wanted to do something like give VR camera angles of what it would look like to sit at court side, half court, where seats are high 4-figures or more.

Or even show the perspective from the players while they're playing. Of course that would require players to wear Go Pros or something like that.

But it sounded like if he ever did that, he'd look to monetize that.

It would be possible to probably stream multiple camera angles and let the viewers select which ones to watch at a given moment and maybe even do replays from different angles instead of hoping they'd show it in the broadcast. I don't know how popular that would be though.

I think most people would just rather have the broadcast of the games be curated, with the announcers and color analysts that people hate.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#5 » by mkwest » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:13 pm

Read on Twitter
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,886

Post#6 » by esqtvd » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:41 pm

mkwest wrote:
Read on Twitter

You don't say. :roll:

"The more in-game experience Shai-Gilgeous Alexander is able to get, the more comfortable he's going to be on the basketball court, and that leads to more three-point shots."

What I need is an app that mutes Corey while still letting Ralph through.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Possible Online Distribution of Telecasts in the Future 

Post#7 » by Ranma » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:23 am

Read on Twitter
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,886

Post#8 » by esqtvd » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:38 pm

what the Clippers should do is put at least 10-15 games a year on free TV to expand their base
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Michael on WGN Was Great 

Post#9 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:33 pm

Locally and nationally?
Great idea.

Jeanie’s gonna lose her mind trying to find a way to bloc(k) that from happening.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
ClipperDaz
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#10 » by ClipperDaz » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:23 am

I just signed up for updates but asking for US zip code.

Hoping to be able to view from the UK.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers