ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 14: San Antonio Spurs (7-6) @ Los Angeles Clippers (8-5) - 7:30 PM PT on TNT

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,898

Re: Game 14: San Antonio Spurs (7-6) @ Los Angeles Clippers (8-5) - 7:30 PM PT on TNT 

Post#61 » by esqtvd » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:36 am

mkwest wrote:
Read on Twitter

Signing Lou long-term was organizational brilliance. Nobody expects him to repeat his career year 2017-18--although he has so far--but he was signed for his leadership both on and off the court.

I love Tobias and Gallo and Trezz and Shai and all, but instead of 9-5, we're 5-9 without Lou.

megaprops to the reigning 6MOY
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Re: Game 14: San Antonio Spurs (7-6) @ Los Angeles Clippers (8-5) - 7:30 PM PT on TNT 

Post#62 » by Galloisdaman » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:49 pm

esqtvd wrote:
mkwest wrote:
Read on Twitter

Signing Lou long-term was organizational brilliance. Nobody expects him to repeat his career year 2017-18--although he has so far--but he was signed for his leadership both on and off the court.

I love Tobias and Gallo and Trezz and Shai and all, but instead of 9-5, we're 5-9 without Lou.

megaprops to the reigning 6MOY

Yeah the team definitely needs Lou. Actually they need around 5-6 guys.

One thing I liked in this game is they were smart towards the end. Right away they got the ball in to Gallo and Lou's hands to end the game off rebounds. They used the bonus late in this game correctly. I really wish they would look to milk the bonus more often. That starts with Doc. I wish he would put the better free throw shooters in games more often while the team is in the bonus.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#63 » by TheNewEra » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:24 pm

Glad they didn’t fold completely and avoided OT. Big games ahead to take care of business
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,088

Re: Doing Enough to Keep from Losing 

Post#64 » by Wammy Giveaway » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:00 pm

Ranma wrote:We came out lackadaisical and kept giving double-digit leads back.

They actually maintained the lead throughout regulation, so I wasn't worried. It was when the Spurs finally took the lead in overtime that the game was in doubt. It took getting Durant fouled out in order for the Clippers to reclaim the lead and ultimately win it.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

What Game Were You Watching? 

Post#65 » by Ranma » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:32 pm

Wammy Giveaway wrote:They actually maintained the lead throughout regulation, so I wasn't worried. It was when the Spurs finally took the lead in overtime that the game was in doubt. It took getting Durant fouled out in order for the Clippers to reclaim the lead and ultimately win it.

Losing multiple double-digit leads while playing lackadaisically against a disciplined team like the Spurs who don't turn the ball over is cause for concern. In fact, we lucked out because their 4th turnover of the night came at just the right time late in the contest to practically seal the victory.

What the heck are you talking about? The Clippers beat the Spurs in regulation with nobody fouled out for either side. Also, Durant doesn't play for San Antonio.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#66 » by mkwest » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:21 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,088

Re: What Game Were You Watching? 

Post#67 » by Wammy Giveaway » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:41 pm

Ranma wrote:
Wammy Giveaway wrote:They actually maintained the lead throughout regulation, so I wasn't worried. It was when the Spurs finally took the lead in overtime that the game was in doubt. It took getting Durant fouled out in order for the Clippers to reclaim the lead and ultimately win it.

Losing multiple double-digit leads while playing lackadaisically against a disciplined team like the Spurs who don't turn the ball over is cause for concern. In fact, we lucked out because their 4th turnover of the night came at just the right time late in the contest to practically seal the victory.

What the heck are you talking about? The Clippers beat the Spurs in regulation with nobody fouled out for either side. Also, Durant doesn't play for San Antonio.

Oh man, my mind went sideways! I was still thinking about the Warriors game. Nuts, there goes my post. :oops:

Is there an image/meme that goes along with my Oops! moment?
Ranma
RealGM

Head Hammering 

Post#68 » by Ranma » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:45 pm

Wammy Giveaway wrote:Is there an image/meme that goes along with my Oops! moment?

LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

Settle Down Podcast Episode 5 

Post#69 » by Ranma » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:55 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Los Angeles Clippers