Game 44: Utah Jazz (24-21) @ Los Angeles Clippers (24-19) - 7:30 PM PT

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Re: Big Negatives 

Post#81 » by TheNewEra » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:44 pm

esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:It’s not fun to watch when as fans we see the problem and the coach is doing nothing to fix it. The way Doc is handling the Bradley situation at the same time as the Wallace and Gilgeous-Alexander is just sad. Then you take into account it doesn’t seem like anyone is getting on Harris to be more aggressive and impactful outside of just shooting.

The starters aren’t playing hard and Doc Rivers has yet to do anything about the length issues with the bench. The bench that has Mike Scott struggling and two guys over 6’9 sitting on the bench to help our rebounding issues.

Docs sitting on his hands again and his post game comments yet again make it seem like he won’t do anything.

Actually, if you had left the boring Bradley hate out of it [he had a good game], the rest would have more credibility.

And Doc knows what's what. If only because The Logo watches every minute of every game. You think Doc ignores Jerry West's advice???

Let's recalibrate.

He had a good shooting game he did not have a great defensive game. His early fouls on three point shooters twice got the Jazz in the game. His terrible defense on Mitchell led to a lot of easy buckets and breakdowns on team defense. You can praise Doc and Bradley all you want he had a good shooting game but they were attacking him on defense.

There was a reason we were trying to switch Shai onto Mitchell which bothered him some with length but he was already in the zone. Same thing happen with Damian Lillard it seems Bradley can wake a scorer up with his defense.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Re: Game 44: Utah Jazz (24-21) @ Los Angeles Clippers (24-19) - 7:30 PM PT 

Post#82 » by TheNewEra » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:49 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Read on Twitter

OK, thanks Justin

this one we sorta figured out on our own
there's a problem in the middle

got it
got it

LOL ignored all the other tweets
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,179

Re: More Post-Game Stuff 

Post#83 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:03 pm

playaloc916 wrote:
Ranma wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

In the back of my mind, I've been thinking about the impact of bringing in Kalamian from the Raptors. I don't believe he was highly touted for his defensive schemes, and I recall reading some posts early on when his move was announced, and it didn't seem like Raptors fans particularly cared that he was gone...
I do remember reading some articles about Harrell's defense improving, mainly his blocking, so maybe it helped with Harrell, but I wonder how it's impacted the team in general...

And we desperately need a rebounding big... Gortat is a step too slow, and Harrell is undersized, and it seems like Boban is mainly for matchup purposes, not as an every game solution. Time to send Lawrence Frank to the G-League and snag us an elite rebounder...

I honestly don't think it matters which assistant is in charge of defense when the head coach doesn't care about defense, or really anything other than rewarding his favorite players with undeserved minutes and touches.
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 773

Post#84 » by donemilio21 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:36 pm

All I know is that if we play like this against warriors tomorrow, we will lose by 40 points.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,898

Re: Big Negatives 

Post#85 » by esqtvd » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:26 pm

TheNewEra wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:It’s not fun to watch when as fans we see the problem and the coach is doing nothing to fix it. The way Doc is handling the Bradley situation at the same time as the Wallace and Gilgeous-Alexander is just sad. Then you take into account it doesn’t seem like anyone is getting on Harris to be more aggressive and impactful outside of just shooting.

The starters aren’t playing hard and Doc Rivers has yet to do anything about the length issues with the bench. The bench that has Mike Scott struggling and two guys over 6’9 sitting on the bench to help our rebounding issues.

Docs sitting on his hands again and his post game comments yet again make it seem like he won’t do anything.

Actually, if you had left the boring Bradley hate out of it [he had a good game], the rest would have more credibility.

And Doc knows what's what. If only because The Logo watches every minute of every game. You think Doc ignores Jerry West's advice???

Let's recalibrate.

He had a good shooting game he did not have a great defensive game. His early fouls on three point shooters twice got the Jazz in the game. His terrible defense on Mitchell led to a lot of easy buckets and breakdowns on team defense. You can praise Doc and Bradley all you want he had a good shooting game but they were attacking him on defense.

There was a reason we were trying to switch Shai onto Mitchell which bothered him some with length but he was already in the zone. Same thing happen with Damian Lillard it seems Bradley can wake a scorer up with his defense.

I don't know what you want from me. Mitchell was 10-22 with 5 turnovers. It came out fine. The obsession with Bradley is getting to be comical. He did not lose the game, he helped keep us in it.

What lost it was Rudy Gobert's 23 points, 22 rebs and 4 blocks. What lost it was our "all-stars" coming up small--Tobias 6-14, Gallo a pathetic 3-14. Even Energizer Bunny Trezz had only 11 points and 7 rebs. Oh, and Shai had 4 TOs vs only 2 assists, which doesn't help either. And Pat Bev didn't trouble the scorer all night, missing all 3 of his shots in 24 minutes.

End of story.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,898

Post#86 » by esqtvd » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:39 am

donemilio21 wrote:All I know is that if we play like this against warriors tomorrow, we will lose by 40 points.

only 40?
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?

Return to Los Angeles Clippers