ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 45: Golden State Warriors (31-14) @ Los Angeles Clippers (24-20) - 7:30 PM PT

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,802

Re: Game 45: Golden State Warriors (31-14) @ Los Angeles Clippers (24-20) - 7:30 PM PT 

Post#41 » by esqtvd » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:49 pm

TheNewEra wrote:
esqtvd wrote:Couldn't watch tonight but saw us down only by 1 at the half. Gallo apparently injured. And with 4 minutes to go in the 4th, looked at the running box score--Steph was only plus+3 and only 3-11 from distance after shooting 57% the past 2 games.

Pat and Ty combined hadn't hit a bucket yet. Yet I see it all seems to be Avery's fault.

OK.

Off to Philadelphia. Seeyas all around. I think I'll enjoy missing the rest of this thread.

Watch the game.

It’s foolish to even try to defend what Bradley did on both ends tonight in 33 minutes of play. Don’t do it to yourself tonight save the gimmick for another game. Doc and Bradley were terrible.

Appreciate you being spokesman for the dogpile, but I like sharing the stats when they disagree with the prevailing memes. No need to shout me down.

As for throwing Jerome into the deep end right up from G-League against one of the best teams in NBA history, meh. As for who should have got Avery's minutes, Pat fouled out and Ty couldn't buy a basket at all. Not really thrilled with the backup QB argument here.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Re: Game 45: Golden State Warriors (31-14) @ Los Angeles Clippers (24-20) - 7:30 PM PT 

Post#42 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:31 pm

esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
esqtvd wrote:Couldn't watch tonight but saw us down only by 1 at the half. Gallo apparently injured. And with 4 minutes to go in the 4th, looked at the running box score--Steph was only plus+3 and only 3-11 from distance after shooting 57% the past 2 games.

Pat and Ty combined hadn't hit a bucket yet. Yet I see it all seems to be Avery's fault.

OK.

Off to Philadelphia. Seeyas all around. I think I'll enjoy missing the rest of this thread.

Watch the game.

It’s foolish to even try to defend what Bradley did on both ends tonight in 33 minutes of play. Don’t do it to yourself tonight save the gimmick for another game. Doc and Bradley were terrible.

Appreciate you being spokesman for the dogpile, but I like sharing the stats when they disagree with the prevailing memes. No need to shout me down.

As for throwing Jerome into the deep end right up from G-League against one of the best teams in NBA history, meh. As for who should have got Avery's minutes, Pat fouled out and Ty couldn't buy a basket at all. Not really thrilled with the backup QB argument here.

I fell asleep early but the lack of defense was noteworthy by that time. Curry the best shooter in the league getting wide open looks. Other guys driving to the basket for wide open dunks. It looked like pickup league defense. I'm not going to blame any one player because it looked to be more a team issue than individual issue. The team defense was very poor early on. As I said previously I only saw the early part of the game. The announcer said something to the effect of you can't give up wide open looks from outside and also wide open dunks. At least pick one to shut down.

In regards to Avery I understand your backup QB analogy but I would also ask if they are already losing would it hurt to try something else? Its not like they can be given 2 losses in 1 game. Maybe the guys on the bench are not the answer but when things are going bad changes are often called for even if not sure fire solutions.

Now with that said the team has no rim protection. I'm not talking about blocks. I'm talking making someone uncomfortable. This team needs to find a way to clog that lane more. Right now it is just too easy. I think teams are told they can get to the rim anytime.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,153

Post#43 » by Clemenza » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:04 pm

OK.

Sit this one out bro.. especially since you didn't watch the game
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Changing of Guard Should Be in Order 

Post#44 » by Ranma » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:19 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#45 » by TheNewEra » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:26 am

At least there is a little momentum being picked up on the Doc issue
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Just How Long Can Doc Get Away with Malpractice, Anyway? 

Post#46 » by Ranma » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:21 am

TheNewEra wrote:At least there is a little momentum being picked up on the Doc issue

I don't get why there has to be momentum in criticism of Doc to build up in order for changes to be implemented whether that's under his control or his superiors'. It took forever for ownership to relieve him of PoBO duties despite how unqualified and poor he was with his personnel and asset management. Now we have to wait until the national media catches on that Doc is mismanaging the roster when he's been doing that for at least during his entire tenure with the Clippers? It's ridiculous how much leeway this idiot gets to continue to mess things up.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,802

Post#47 » by esqtvd » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:44 am

Clemenza wrote:

OK.

Sit this one out bro.. especially since you didn't watch the game

unresponsive

I'll take data over 'eye tests' especially jaundiced ones

now if you want to explain me how Pat needed more minutes when he fouled out anyway I'm all ears

illogic is illogic
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
CeltsFlow
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,716

Post#48 » by CeltsFlow » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:59 am

MartinToVaught wrote:Can't wait for the spin about how it's not Doc or Avery's fault. This team is going to miss the playoffs at this rate because of those two, plain and simple.

Bradley has been staggeringly bad whenever I tune in to watch you guys. Main problem with him at least from what I see is how he always seems to settle for long twos (also he is apparently deluded enough to try stepbacks now lol), can't create for himself off the dribble, and any amount of effort he gives on D nowadays is trumped by his inferior size. He's just not an NBA caliber player at the moment but Doc will remain stubborn until the end. At least you guys have Shai. :)
Froob wrote:SVG is like JVG from an alternate reality where JVG is interested in talking about the game

Kabookalu wrote:[Dillon] Brooks has a mediocre driving game, but insists that he's prime Manu Ginobili.

It's time to win basketball games

Return to Los Angeles Clippers