OFFICIAL: Avery Bradley traded to Memphis for JaMychal Green & Garrett Temple

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Grizzlies Missing the Logo's Touch 

Post#41 » by Ranma » Fri Feb 8, 2019 10:20 pm

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,898

Re: Grizzlies Missing the Logo's Touch 

Post#42 » by esqtvd » Fri Feb 8, 2019 10:38 pm

Ranma wrote:
Read on Twitter

Meh. McLemore just got cut, Daniels can't get off the bench on the worst team in the NBA, Davis is in the G-League, Green and Temple are expirings. And for Gasol--who is 34 and also expiring--the Grizz got Valanciunas, who will at least get them through next year as they rebuild.

https://www.narcity.com/ca/on/toronto/news/many-torontonians-are-devastated-by-the-trade-of-raptors-star-jonas-valanciunas

The Cavs did well to get 2 FRPs, but their guys had more cache. And their sack of second-rounders is a heap of warm spit, plus they have to pay over $20 million this year and next to the terminally useless Brandon Knight.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
esqtvd
RealGM

Re: OFFICIAL: Avery Bradley traded to Memphis for JaMychal Green & Garrett Temple 

Post#43 » by esqtvd » Sat Feb 9, 2019 10:29 am

Enjoy. :P

Read on Twitter
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Re: OFFICIAL: Avery Bradley traded to Memphis for JaMychal Green & Garrett Temple 

Post#44 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Feb 9, 2019 4:06 pm

Insulting to make it only 37 seconds long.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#45 » by mkwest » Sat Feb 9, 2019 7:16 pm

Read on Twitter
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#46 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Feb 9, 2019 8:28 pm

Kind of crazy how much player turnover this team has had in 18 months.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#47 » by esqtvd » Sat Feb 9, 2019 8:55 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:Insulting to make it only 37 seconds long.

I thought it's kinda psycho to spend that much effort on it but h8ers gotta h8

glad you enjoyed it :wink:
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#48 » by esqtvd » Sat Feb 9, 2019 8:59 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:Kind of crazy how much player turnover this team has had in 18 months.

There were only ever 4 players here to start with. Jamal was past his sell-by date, but we had to keep him because of salary cap wouldn't let us sign anyone else.

Funny thing about JJ. He was #4 on a team with a Big Three and now he's the 5th starter with the Sixers' Big Four.

So in their first game together, he steals the show with 34 points.

Ranma
RealGM

Bobby Marks's Favorite Under-the-Radar Move 

Post#49 » by Ranma » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:14 am

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#50 » by TheNewEra » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:45 am

Praise the SUN!!!
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,179

Post#51 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:05 am

Avery made a shot!!!

:jawdrop:

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Bradley Claims Doc Misused Him 

Post#52 » by Ranma » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:25 pm

Doc certainly misused Avery Bradley during his time as a Clipper, but that was due to overuse while he's claiming he was limited in the role he was asked to play.

Read on Twitter
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#53 » by esqtvd » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:11 pm

in other words no support for your position but post it anyway

indeed, the article refutes everything Avery said

"Bradley may be correct that he was misused by the Clippers. But the problem was not too many cuts to the basket or too many corner three-pointers. The issue is that when he was asked to do tougher tasks, he came up short."

although as Oringher proves here, sticking Bradley in the corner where he managed to shoot well enough that you had to guard him was good for the team spacing, and that would have to do

Read on Twitter

in the end, shooting less and playing D was the best solution
Ranma
RealGM

Since Moving on from Mr. Unstattable 

Post#54 » by Ranma » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:29 pm

Tell me again how Doc is a great coach when he kept playing the likes of Jamal Crawford, Austin Rivers and Avery Bradley despite how obvious it is that it comes at the expense of team success. I'm not saying he can't be a successful coach at all nor am I saying Austin or Avery can't be positively contributing players, but it's obvious that Doc is stubborn in his approach to player rotations. The front office had to remove players from the roster in order for him to stop misusing them. He was his own worst enemy when he had GM duties.

Read on Twitter
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#55 » by esqtvd » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:42 pm

no it was getting rid of Gortat and getting a serviceable center

Bradley's showing what he can do with a real PG instead of dragging a rookie around

Read on Twitter
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Re: Since Moving on from Mr. Unstattable 

Post#56 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:28 am

Ranma wrote:Tell me again how Doc is a great coach when he kept playing the likes of Jamal Crawford, Austin Rivers and Avery Bradley despite how obvious it is that it comes at the expense of team success. I'm not saying he can't be a successful coach at all nor am I saying Austin or Avery can't be positively contributing players, but it's obvious that Doc is stubborn in his approach to player rotations. The front office had to remove players from the roster in order for him to stop misusing them. He was his own worst enemy when he had GM duties.

Read on Twitter

Agreed.

He’s like Ron Burgundy and the FO needs to understand anything they put on the teleprompter, he will read.

Put good things on the teleprompter and you’ll be alright.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,213

Post#57 » by Clemenza » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:09 am

esqtvd wrote:no it was getting rid of Gortat and getting a serviceable center

Bradley's showing what he can do with a real PG instead of dragging a rookie around

Read on Twitter

You need to start a Improv/jokes thread :lol:
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#58 » by esqtvd » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:11 pm

Clemenza wrote:
esqtvd wrote:no it was getting rid of Gortat and getting a serviceable center

Read on Twitter

You need to start a Improv/jokes thread :lol:

The constant whingeing about Doc is enough of a joke.
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#59 » by Galloisdaman » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:25 pm

I do not think Avery was the worst player in the world nor do I think he should have been a starter based on his play in LA. I'm happy he is playing better in Memphis. I have no reason not to wish him well. Its not like he was a bad guy while he was here. For whatever reason he just was not a good fit in his time here. I think the trade worked out well for both teams and for the players as well.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#60 » by esqtvd » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:43 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:I do not think Avery was the worst player in the world nor do I think he should have been a starter based on his play in LA. I'm happy he is playing better in Memphis. I have no reason not to wish him well. Its not like he was a bad guy while he was here. For whatever reason he just was not a good fit in his time here. I think the trade worked out well for both teams and for the players as well.

Bradley WAS the worst player in the league for about the first 2 months. But people forget that Beverley struggled mightily to come back from injury as well. That's why the Bradley-Beverley tandem got such a bad rap.

As for what Green and Temple bring to the table, we shall see. After pretty good starts, both played themselves out of the rotation in Memphis and then out of town.

Am I sad Avery's gone? Nope. But I also think he didn't take any minutes from someone more deserving.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers