ImageImageImageImageImage

Doc Can Opt Out After This Season? (Lakers Rumor)

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,898

Re: Doc Can Opt Out After This Season? (Lakers Rumor) 

Post#21 » by esqtvd » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:55 am

you got that right, muchacho

Read on Twitter
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Court of Public Opinion Bashing Lakers 

Post#22 » by Ranma » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:57 am

Read on Twitter

LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

The Logo vs. Magic 

Post#23 » by Ranma » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:33 pm

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#24 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Jun 5, 2023 2:57 am

esqtvd wrote:Spoelstra = better than Doc?

UmmHmm. And what has he done without Bron coaching himself?

"There are people in southern California right now in that environment telling Doc he doesn't wanna do this. And one of those reasons is simply, LeBron James. He's been told by people—and I know this—LeBron doesn't want to be coached. He's never been coached by someone with that kind of personality, command, authority, acumen, intellect. He's rejected that. So Doc is being reminded of that by people," said Wilbon on "Pardon the Interruption."

lol.

Yes. Hope this helps.
Stuff that actually did happen for $600, Alex.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#25 » by esqtvd » Mon Jun 5, 2023 3:15 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
esqtvd wrote:Spoelstra = better than Doc?

UmmHmm. And what has he done without Bron coaching himself?

"There are people in southern California right now in that environment telling Doc he doesn't wanna do this. And one of those reasons is simply, LeBron James. He's been told by people—and I know this—LeBron doesn't want to be coached. He's never been coached by someone with that kind of personality, command, authority, acumen, intellect. He's rejected that. So Doc is being reminded of that by people," said Wilbon on "Pardon the Interruption."

lol.

Yes. Hope this helps.
Stuff that actually did happen for $600, Alex.

Not following YOUR argument here. Spoelstra gets no credit for the titles he won with LeBron? Which is it?

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#26 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Jun 5, 2023 5:08 pm

Stuff that Did Happen for $600, Alex.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#27 » by esqtvd » Mon Jun 5, 2023 7:26 pm

Please put your point in the form of a point. Still not following YOUR argument here lol. Spoelstra gets no credit for the titles he won with LeBron? Which is it?

He's never been coached by someone with that kind of personality, command, authority, acumen, intellect.

Doc. Not Spoelstra. :lol:

FTR, I think in the 4 years since that was posted, Spoelstra's proved to be a better coach than Doc. So what? Nobody ever said Doc was the greatest coach ever. Just a Hall of Fame one.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#28 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Jun 6, 2023 12:10 am

Stuff that has allegedly changed (because it was so difficult to see before) in the 4 years since that was posted for $600, Alex.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#29 » by esqtvd » Tue Jun 6, 2023 2:39 am

This thread is 4 years old and Doc's crying all the way to the Hall of Fame with another $40 million in his pocket. May we all be such failures.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#30 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Jun 6, 2023 3:46 pm

Counting another man's money (oddly enough, for your own benefit) for $600, Alex.
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,426

Post#31 » by TrueLAfan » Tue Jun 6, 2023 4:59 pm

Enough. Seriously. Next time someone restarts a four year old thread for what is essentially an online feud, it’s a 7 day vacay. This is the official mod warning on this.

Like Doc Rivers? Don’t like Doc Rivers? Whatever. He’s been gone for almost three years. When this thread was made, he was probably at the apex of his coaching career; he’d coached an undermanned, injury ridden squad to a playoff spot and a couple of wins against the dynasty GSW team. Then it got worse—for the team, and for him. Then he was gone. Three years ago.

You want to have personal vendettas on the board? If they’re about a long gone coach and his up and down tenure here—you have that right, within reason. But we’re not having four-year old threads bumped for some half-assed **** measuring contests about opinions on a long gone coach. Let it go. Everyone, on all sides. Dredging up pointless old crap is not happening here.

You don’t think it’s pointless? Listen to the me here. “Doc Rivers did some good things for our franchise and helped us in a lot of ways for a while. But things gradually got worse, and we let him go.” Two sentences. Done.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers