ImageImageImageImageImage

Thought you guys might want to take a look at your prime FA target

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

VinBaker6
RealGM
And1: 61,808

Thought you guys might want to take a look at your prime FA target 

Post#1 » by VinBaker6 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:47 pm

I urge you guys to send this video to Lawrence Frank and Jerry West, they might learn a thing or two about Kawhi for their FA pitch. Actually just send it Jerry West I think Frank was probably in the room lurking somewhere. This could be pivotal in the Clippers dominating LA next season and finally putting the Lakers to bed.

S/O to TZ!
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Re: Thought you guys might want to take a look at your prime FA target 

Post#2 » by esqtvd » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:48 pm

VinBaker6 wrote:I urge you guys to send this video to Lawrence Frank and Jerry West, they might learn a thing or two about Kawhi for their FA pitch. Actually just send it Jerry West I think Frank was probably in the room lurking somewhere. This could be pivotal in the Clippers dominating LA next season and finally putting the Lakers to bed.

Thanks, bro. We're all over it. Bigtime. Like white on rice. Like Patrick Beverley on Paul George.

https://torontosun.com/sports/basketball/nba/toronto-raptors/kawhi-didnt-care-that-clippers-billionaire-owner-was-in-town-to-see-him-play

Considering what’s gone on all season long, it was no surprise to see the billionaire owner of the Los Angeles Clippers seated conspicuously courtside at Scotiabank Arena for Sunday’s game against the Raptors.

Ballmer’s Clippers are all-in on acquiring top talent this in free agency this summer, and Raptors superstar Kawhi Leonard, an L.A. native, has been at the top of their list for some time now.

That’s why the Clippers have reportedly sent team personnel, such as president of basketball operations Lawrence Frank or others, to most Raptors games this season. It’s a recruiting mission, an attempt to let Leonard, and perhaps more importantly, Leonard’s inner circle, know how much they care.

This began months ago, with the Clippers declining to bring back the team’s then television analyst Bruce Bowen in August, after the long-time San Antonio forward strongly criticized Leonard for his role in the breakup with the Spurs.

Bringing in a large number of Clippers staffers to the building and, more importantly, having Ballmer seated up close to Leonard was the latest attempt at reminding the Leonard camp just how much the Clippers care.

“I’m not thinking about it right now. I’m just focused on the season. I didn’t know he was at the game until you guys told me and I’m focused and when that time comes we’ll have to talk and sit down with everyone and have meetings,” Leonard said.

Ballmer gave one fan a high five as he exited the building following the blowout Raptors win.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
LakerClipperFan
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#3 » by LakerClipperFan » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:49 am

Didn't listen to the whole video, but heard #Kawhi say he is willing to check out Toronto this Summer. I'm not sure how that's going to work out given that FA begins on July 1st.

Nobody knows where he will end up, but my money is on Jerry West with a Plan A, Plan B, etc....
simon24
Rookie
And1: 199

Post#4 » by simon24 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:29 am

LakerClipperFan wrote:Didn't listen to the whole video, but heard #Kawhi say he is willing to check out Toronto this Summer. I'm not sure how that's going to work out given that FA begins on July 1st.

Nobody knows where he will end up, but my money is on Jerry West with a Plan A, Plan B, etc....

When he was talking about TOR in the summer he was talking about the carribean festival there. Serge joked around and asked him in English and Spanish about him staying but Kawhi sounded like he wants to weigh his options. He did say he wants to play in the Finals though. That's his goal every year.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Kawhi Will Join Clips Just to Get Away from Ibaka 

Post#5 » by Ranma » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:05 am

I don't know why Ibaka has a fascination with penises. If he ain't punching NBA players in the junk during games, he's feeding them to teammates on his TV show. Kawhi will sign with the Clippers just to get away from that dude. In any case, Kawhi was talking about how he grew up focused on making money and thinking about how to buy a house, which is why he was partial to dealing with numbers. While the Raptors could offer more money in a bigger max offer, the tax rate in Canada is even higher than it is in California.

Ibaka even points out how Kawhi is fashionable, which I'm sure Los Angeles appeals to him in that respect being possibly the biggest metropolitan area in the world with the most fashion influence and appeal outside of Paris and New York. On top of that, Kawhi even told Ibaka straight up that he doesn't have a social media presence because his stuff gets announced without him doing it himself on top of his preference to actually interact with friends and family rather than engage online. Most of his family and friends are in Southern California including his girlfriend. You guys do the math.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Kawhi-Light Zone 

Post#6 » by Ranma » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:54 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip

Return to Los Angeles Clippers