ImageImageImageImageImage

Gallo's Got to Go If Clips Want to Compete for Championship

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,805

Re: Gallo's Got to Go If Clips Want to Compete for Championship 

Post#41 » by esqtvd » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:42 am

donemilio21 wrote:I think we should look into trade him while his value is at highest. He probably had his best season in the league, and stayed "relatively" healthy. He is also on an expiring contract.

If I'm trading for him, January last year or January this year. Get a look at his health and only pay him for half a year. You want him for the playoff run. I had him going to the Sixers for Shamet and Chandler minus that nice Miami draft pick. They went for Tobias instead and surrendered the pick. I think Gallo would have helped just as much and if they end up letting Tobias go, it was the better deal.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Gallo Wants to Stay and Apparently Afraid of Being Pushed Out 

Post#42 » by Ranma » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:28 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#43 » by Galloisdaman » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:30 pm

That is what a team should desire. A player who wants to be here and that wants to be part of the team getting better. Not one of these guys that causes problems (ala Paul). I would not think Gallo is really afraid of anything. He is a young good looking guy that has made a 100 million dollars. He could retire tomorrow and live a great life just off his endorsements alone. I think it is more that he really likes being part of the Clippers.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
Young Sterling
Sophomore
And1: 137

Post#44 » by Young Sterling » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:23 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:That is what a team should desire. A player who wants to be here and that wants to be part of the team getting better. Not one of these guys that causes problems (ala Paul). I would not think Gallo is really afraid of anything. He is a young good looking guy that has made a 100 million dollars. He could retire tomorrow and live a great life just off his endorsements alone. I think it is more that he really likes being part of the Clippers.

I love how a guy named "Galloisdaman" emphasized Gallo's a young good looking guy that's made 100m.. Are you Gallo on a burner account lol?? :lol:
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#45 » by Galloisdaman » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:07 pm

Young Sterling wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:That is what a team should desire. A player who wants to be here and that wants to be part of the team getting better. Not one of these guys that causes problems (ala Paul). I would not think Gallo is really afraid of anything. He is a young good looking guy that has made a 100 million dollars. He could retire tomorrow and live a great life just off his endorsements alone. I think it is more that he really likes being part of the Clippers.

I love how a guy named "Galloisdaman" emphasized Gallo's a young good looking guy that's made 100m.. Are you Gallo on a burner account lol?? :lol:

Why yes. I am Gallo. I post during games while I'm on the bench. Nice to meet you Donald Sterling :)

He will have made over 100 mill in his career.
He has done some modeling in Italy and girls I know go nuts over him.

If that makes me Gallo then I will gladly take the money and the girls. :)

Too bad I'm much older, much shorter and I don't have his level of girls coming after me :(
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,638

Post#46 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:21 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:
Young Sterling wrote:

Why yes. I am Gallo. I post during games while I'm on the bench. Nice to meet you Donald Sterling :)

He will have made over 100 mill in his career.
He has done some modeling in Italy and girls I know go nuts over him.

If that makes me Gallo then I will gladly take the money and the girls. :)

Too bad I'm much older, much shorter and I don't have his level of girls coming after me :(

:lol:
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Ranma
RealGM

Portis Asking for Too Much as RFA 

Post#47 » by Ranma » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:25 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

Options with Gallo 

Post#48 » by Ranma » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:34 pm

I'm not a fan of stretching out players in a buyout that will leave dead money on the team's salary cap for years to come, but I prefer that to packaging a future first-round pick in order to dump him. Luckily, there seems to be interest for us to dump him and hopefully get a first-round pick with low or no protections in return. Given that Gallo would potentially be a rental for his new team, I'd make it a conditional draft pick where it is lottery-protected if he leaves and unprotected if he re-signs.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

mkwest wrote:
Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Portis Received Interest from Clips 

Post#49 » by Ranma » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:18 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,047

Re: Options with Gallo 

Post#50 » by Wammy Giveaway » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:39 pm

Ranma wrote:Given that Gallo would potentially be a rental for his new team, I'd make it a conditional draft pick where it is lottery-protected if he leaves and unprotected if he re-signs.

Can you really do that!? I thought putting a conditional on traded picks are only limited to playoff results; ie. make the playoffs lose the pick, miss the playoffs keep the pick.
Ranma
RealGM

Works for Hockey 

Post#51 » by Ranma » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:12 pm

Wammy Giveaway wrote:Can you really do that!? I thought putting a conditional on traded picks are only limited to playoff results; ie. make the playoffs lose the pick, miss the playoffs keep the pick.

I'm not sure if that is actually disallowed in the NBA as I didn't find language restricting such transactions in the draft pick and Stepien Rule section of Larry Coon's NBA Salary Cap FAQ, but the NHL allows for such conditions on draft picks included in such trades or at least used to.

I know the NBA and NHL are different sports leagues, but NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman was 3rd in command in the NBA as general counsel and senior vice president before he assumed his current post in the NHL. Bettman showed a tendency to implement NBA protocols on certain matters in order to make his league popular and more like his former one. Of course, not everything carries over but I'll assume my propopsed conditions on draft picks are valid.
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Re: Options with Gallo 

Post#52 » by Galloisdaman » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:59 pm

Wammy Giveaway wrote:
Ranma wrote:Given that Gallo would potentially be a rental for his new team, I'd make it a conditional draft pick where it is lottery-protected if he leaves and unprotected if he re-signs.

Can you really do that!? I thought putting a conditional on traded picks are only limited to playoff results; ie. make the playoffs lose the pick, miss the playoffs keep the pick.

I know its allowed in the NHL. Just look at the Mats Zuccarello trade from last season. 3rd round pick turns in to a 1st round pick if he re-signs with the stars.
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#53 » by Galloisdaman » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:02 pm

Gallo is a better guy than me. If I heard a teams fan base did not want me I'd ask for a trade. I'd rather play somewhere where I'm wanted. Now I say that based on less than a dozen posters when the Clippers have a million fans but I'm a emotional guy lol. :)

His salary next season will be a bargain if he plays at the same level as 2018-19
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#54 » by TheNewEra » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:47 am

Gallo sign and trade for Butler ?
Ranma
RealGM

Plenty of Possibilities 

Post#55 » by Ranma » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:57 am

Read on Twitter
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#56 » by TheNewEra » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:19 am

How was this man not dealt already
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,128

Post#57 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:21 am

TheNewEra wrote:How was this man not dealt already

Should have been traded at the deadline. #FireFrank
Ranma
RealGM

Enough with the Overreaction 

Post#58 » by Ranma » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:42 am

MartinToVaught wrote:Should have been traded at the deadline. #FireFrank

Not necessarily. While I would have preferred to do so myself, the Clippers are still in a position to capitalize on Gallo because his value would potentially be more during this off-season than at the trade deadline. Plus, the Clips were still trying to compete for the playoffs. Having Gallo isn't keeping us from getting 2 max players. Like I've already said, we have the stretch provision as a last resort.

Just because something hasn't happened yet is no reason to panic since Kawhi was the only true prize worthy of pursuing this summer. Signing most anyone else without Kawhi would have been a waste of time and assets.

You've got to stop with this Stephen A. Smith overreaction. It's unnecessary. Yes, the nightmare scenario of Kawhi joining the Lakers is still a possibility, but if that were to happen, all would have been lost, anyway. Seriously, it's like you find any reason to overreact. First, it was Kawhi's going back to Toronto after they won the championship. Why bother even trying? Next, it's Kawhi is signing with the Lakers. Why bother even trying? Now it's the Clippers haven't done anything. Fire Lawrence Frank. This is especially dubious since you weren't even particularly high on either Horford, Butler or an injured Durant.
TucsonClip
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Post#59 » by TucsonClip » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:53 am

What does Washington want for Beal?
Plus, why would I want to go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros.

- Shane Battier
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#60 » by QRich3 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 8:30 am

Why would they trade Gallo now? With Butler going to Miami we have no need at all to open more capspace, while we have all the need in the world for a veteran that offers near all-NBA production and future flexibility. Even if Butler wanted to come, I'd rather have Gallo for a year and the capspace next season, than payin 34 year old Butler $37M in 2023. That's the Blake Griffin type of contract this FO hates imo.

TucsonClip wrote:What does Washington want for Beal?

I don't think they're ready to trade him yet, and if they did, they'd probably be asking for the whole superstar package, which means Shai+Sham+Miami pick might not be enough to even get in the conversation. I wouldn't be all that interested tbh, rather they keep finding their own gems or adding them at cost zero on FA than paying full price for a star and gutting the team.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers