ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj gets paid by Ballmer jokes

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Akklaim1
Rookie
And1: 821

Woj gets paid by Ballmer jokes 

Post#1 » by Akklaim1 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 9:17 am

How did all these jokes start? Scratch that, they weren't jokes, these idiots actually thought this was for real. Laker fans hated Woj's pro Clipper tweets and they started accusing him of taking bribes from Ballmer? Lmao.
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Re: Woj gets paid by Ballmer jokes 

Post#2 » by QRich3 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 9:35 am

Dudes were believing reddit users passing for "verified insiders" while they were screaming fake news at every reliable reporter with decades-long reputation :lol: :lol: :lol:
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#3 » by TheNewEra » Sat Jul 6, 2019 10:32 am

I low key believe it lol as soon as it was announced Kawhi wanted no more talk of Kawhi gossip about meeting Woj went silent about clips
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#4 » by will » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:55 am

All my nasty woj/ballmer posts are not aging well at all.

I will be the first to apologize.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#5 » by TheNewEra » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:58 am

Happens to the best of us
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 773

Post#6 » by donemilio21 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:56 pm

QRich3 wrote:Dudes were believing reddit users passing for "verified insiders" while they were screaming fake news at every reliable reporter with decades-long reputation :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haha those reddit insiders... I kept saying people sharing tweets from those like it is all real. One dumbass posted Kawhi to Lakers was officially done 5 days ago. :lol:
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#7 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:04 pm

Laker fans live in their own world. The media has always pushed an obnoxiously pro-Lakers agenda at all times, so of course they think the media is against them.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#8 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:07 pm

Where is the local news breh that kept saying it was the Clippers?

The one that folks said had "some" credibility.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Akklaim1
Rookie

Post#9 » by Akklaim1 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 7:47 am

Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Ballmer Supposedly Even Unaware of Media Bias 

Post#10 » by Ranma » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:37 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,382

Post#11 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:22 pm

QRich3 wrote:Dudes were believing reddit users passing for "verified insiders" while they were screaming fake news at every reliable reporter with decades-long reputation :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sadly this also happens in politics with real life consequences
Goner
Pro Prospect
And1: 695

Post#12 » by Goner » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:52 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:

This is a human phenomenon and not limited to any particular domain. Just the other day I was speaking with a friend of mine (Laker's fan) about the free agency madness this offseason and he blamed Kawhi going to the Clippers on that RDAmbition guy on Reddit saying that he wanted to become the next big-time NBA insider and leaked the information regarding Kawhi to reddit, resulting in him choosing the Clippers. What's lost in this hypothetical, to him, is that this precludes Kawhi from actually choosing the Clippers outright. My friend has created a fantasy world for himself where every free agent would choose the Lakers, barring a mistake by the Laker's organization, because they are the best and most important franchise and, most importantly, the only organization with any agency. Every free agent is theirs to lose, in my friend's world.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#13 » by mkwest » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:30 am

Sadly, common sense ain't common...
Akklaim1
Rookie

Post#14 » by Akklaim1 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:38 am

Goner wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:

This is a human phenomenon and not limited to any particular domain. Just the other day I was speaking with a friend of mine (Laker's fan) about the free agency madness this offseason and he blamed Kawhi going to the Clippers on that RDAmbition guy on Reddit saying that he wanted to become the next big-time NBA insider and leaked the information regarding Kawhi to reddit, resulting in him choosing the Clippers. What's lost in this hypothetical, to him, is that this precludes Kawhi from actually choosing the Clippers outright. My friend has created a fantasy world for himself where every free agent would choose the Lakers, barring a mistake by the Laker's organization, because they are the best and most important franchise and, most importantly, the only organization with any agency. Every free agent is theirs to lose, in my friend's world.

If being a Laker fan was an ethnicity, I would be a racist.
TucsonClip
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Post#15 » by TucsonClip » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:17 pm

The Lakers info I passed along in here was coming from those around the franchise. I had heard this same Woj info from that source as well, who is also connected to another prominent reporter not at ESPN. I think it might have some legs to it (how Woj goes about things), but the Ballmer/Woj/ESPN thing is just stupid.
Plus, why would I want to go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros.

- Shane Battier
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by QRich3 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:32 am

I mean, we all know how Woj goes about things, he spins stuff and does opinion pieces that favor/attack the guys that help or not help him. Not just Woj, everyone does it, Stein does it, Amick does it, even Shams does it from time to time, Woj is just a bit more obvious. Woj does like the Clippers front office and talks highly about them whenever he has the chance, but even with them he's not half as deliberate as he is with some of his other guys. Like seriously, watch every time he reports something the Blazers do, it's always such an "amazing accomplishment for Blazers GM Neil Olshey", "tremendous victory", etc. etc.

Now that's one thing, he'll spin stuff and give his opinion. But he will never ever give you bad info. If he says player X likes franchise Y, that stuff is true. He's never trying to spin it, cause all the spin he does is precisely so he obtains accurate info like this, and reports it in a way that he's never wrong. That's the whole of his goal, to always be impeccably accurate, why would he jeopardize it to favor some GM? It completely defeats the purpose of why he sucks up to certain guys.

In reality, this was all based on people wanting to believe the only reliable news were the ones they wanted to hear. All disguised into excuses like "he has no sources on Kawhi and Lebron's camp" and stuff like that. He doesn't need sources on Lebron's camp to know everything that happens with Lebron, cause he has sources everywhere else, with every agent, team and player that Lebron interacts with, and he will contrast and vet them until he has a good idea what Lebron's doing without hearing it from Lebron himself. That's how journalism works, and that's why he's always pretty much nailed before anyone else what Lebron was doing every free agency, which way Kawhi was leaning, etc.

Hopefully this whole situation ends up working as a lesson for people on how reporting works, but I'm afraid that most likely no one's learnt anything at all lol
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,290

Post#17 » by playaloc916 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:57 pm

Woj Bomb Gets Paid

But even I thought something was up because it seemed like everything he was posting was pro-Clippers... it was so obvious, but at least he was right. Even that David Pingalore guy, he also stuck to his guns despite all that 99% Lakers/Raptors stuff... In his case I'm thinking he (or his sources) was making an educated guess, since all the Clippers dealings were kept hush hush so well.

But with that RDAmbition and Arye Abraham 99% Lakers done deal stuff, it's made me so much more skeptical now. I don't recall so many sources that were supposedly "in the know" that ended up being wrong, at least anytime recently. Not the usual Broussard/SAS stuff, but guys who supposedly broke XYZ before everyone else... Even a few days ago there was a thread on the GB saying CP3 to the Heat is done, and I'm like :roll: , here we go again....
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by QRich3 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:24 am

playaloc916 wrote:But even I thought something was up because it seemed like everything he was posting was pro-Clippers... it was so obvious, but at least he was right.

In hindsight he wasn't, not anymore than he was pro-Brooklyn for talking about all of the free agents that went there, for instance. But it sucks that the propaganda was so big that even Clippers fans believed that there had to be a conspiracy for so many reports that favored the Clippers, not work well done by the front office, but a conspiracy to unjustly make them look good :noway:
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#19 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:37 pm

My one criticism of Woj is that for a long time, he used to be one of the biggest LeBron haters. He'd write all these ridiculous, overdramatic opinion pieces about LeBron where he'd sound like Skip Bayless. Thankfully, he's stopped that nonsense. Now the only real negative with him is spoiling the draft, but even if he stopped doing that, other reporters like Shams would still do it.
illastrate
Starter
And1: 629

Post#20 » by illastrate » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:49 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:My one criticism of Woj is that for a long time, he used to be one of the biggest LeBron haters. He'd write all these ridiculous, overdramatic opinion pieces about LeBron where he'd sound like Skip Bayless. Thankfully, he's stopped that nonsense. Now the only real negative with him is spoiling the draft, but even if he stopped doing that, other reporters like Shams would still do it.

Just don't go on Twitter, turn off notifications, and you're good.

As for Woj, thank you Ballz for hiring him! :lol:

Return to Los Angeles Clippers